Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
I'm pretty sure at First Aid classes and the like, they say they are a last resort, but don't explain why. She may have thought she had some hope to keep the leg, not realizing the toxins on the other side of the tourniquet would prevent that.
This is the only point I disagree with within your two points. There hasn't been any first aid class that I went to that did not stress why a tourniquet is a last resort and why. Of course, the only problem that you might find with my counterargument is "that I went to", I've already thought of it for you You might be right and there might be some classes out there that do no provide the why.

Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
I'm not ready to commit to any one camp as to what CJ's previous profession was, but I think not knowing the complete consequences of a tourniquet doesn't prevent her from being associated with healthcare in some way. There are plenty of non-clinical staff around hospitals who don't have patient interaction, and could be involved in planning.
Lol, I'm not sure if you've read through all my posts here, but I obviously haven't committed to any which one thing either, I'm still speculating. I never said she didn't work in a non-clinical aspect of the medicine field, but I also never said I didn't believe she was in a non-clinical occupation. I only said "medicine field" and should have probably been more specific. I actually thought maybe Hanniekuma had a point when she said CJ might be someone like a medical coder. So, touché, for pointing out the error of my ways! (no, I'm not being hostile, I just have an amazingly dry sense of humor)