Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
Yeah, I concur to all replies thus far. However, why has there been this "bruce force" attack on the colony? Where was the cunning strategy in order to minimize zombie losses? Bottom line, are the smart ones just not so smart? Are are they only intelligent yet not creative? Or they are simply drones who have to rely on a orchestrating boss like Ink / Randy?
I think it is a matter of how you measure the smartness of the Smart Ones. They are smart if you compare them with the average zomb, but they are not so smart anymore if you compare them with human beings.

Your final question is pretty interesting - especially considering that we have zero clues about the relation between Smart Ones and Ink/ Randy? What would make any of the two different from Smart Ones, or are they just "Smart Ones" who happened to be at the right place and type to become the leader/s of the zombos? But I think this has little to do with the starting questions, which is all about Smart Ones and tools etc.

As for the brute force attack on the Colony: Back in late 3rd season I was kind of wondering why (all of a sudden) so many zombos were around the Colony - and especially the zombies lead by Ink. Up until then I had the impression that the zombos so far in the south were (and probably still are) a different group which has nothing to do with Ink's army. So why did Ink lead his monsters so far to the south? Was it relly only mere coincidence that these things followed Glen and Pete to the South? And now imagine: The zombs see the fortification; and then they attack it like any other place - the Tower, Dunbar, probably even the Mall considering its fortification. All those locations were attacked by a huge number of zeehs. So basically them zombos stick to their basic main strategy to attack while attacking the Colony. And keep in mind: Ink was able to somehow get into the Colony and try to open a gate in order to lead his army into the Colony; he or his army just failed to take over the place. So you could say that Ink just tried to achieve something similar compared with what he did at Dunbar.

So much for the cunning and smartness of them zombos.

Best wishes!
Liam