Skyrim has amazing visuals, good mechanics, but what I love most is it remembers. Clear an area and it does not reset and repop like dead rising or dead island.

What other games do you know that do that?

I love the Mass Effect Franchise. A game where choices have consequences. The story telling is iterative. Sometimes I choose wrong and there are consequences, but I get so tired of thinking this dude is going to screw me, but there is no out, because the story is closed. Lazy writing

What other games do you know like this?

Mods? I like games where the authors have the confidence to give players the sand box to tell their own story. I learned to drag and dop in the skyrim modded.

Is there better / easier modding system. Skyrim is nice, but the database aspect of it sucked. Anything better?

I am old enough to be the father of a lot of you and if not, your parents younger sibling making me the cool uncle. I can flow chart, story board and pseudo code with the bet of them. Syntax is not a problem. I learn that simply by oservation of existing fragments. I picked up LUA, just by looking at it, even though my only computer class was a single 3credit FORTRAN77 almost 20 years. It's cool, but I want to create, not just edit the UI

In summary, I am looking for good open world games to play or possibly mod.