Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
Also, Angel died in a way that ostensibly no one keeping a diar--sorry, a log would have been witness to and thus, could not have recorded in their log. But we still heard him die. I'm not proposing that the story is poorly written if characters don't get their own death scenes. However, the fact that KC stepped out of the frame (the story comes from logs) to tell the story of Angel's death seems to indicate that he's willing to give us closure with characters, even if he has to stretch a little to do so. I'm glad that he did it, too. In real life, we lose track of people all the time and spend our lives wondering what happened to them. Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare have cut down on this loss for my generation, but it still happens. The loss and pain that is inherent in real life is why people turn to fiction. It can give us answers. Fiction can make sense in a way the world never will. If WA were real life, it's unlikely that anyone other than the people in the room would know of Angel's courage and defiance in his last moments. But since WA is fiction, the listeners at least get to know. We get to see his heart be the bolder, and his courage be the more, as his might lessens, to paraphrase Maldon. KC could have just killed Angel off but he didn't. He gave us some closure with Angel and I hope he does the same for Pegs and Kelly.
Angel's death was recorded. That's how we know it happened. Tardust turned on a camera and recorded the events.