I didn't dig too deep so if this has been done to death I'll delete the post.
What do you think would be the best weapons in the following classes. Here's my wish list:

Gun: AK-47 - An M-16 is a very close runner up due to is greater accuracy but the incredible reliability and power of the 7.26mm round make the AK-47 my choice. I flip flopped on this decision several times.

DIY Melee: Large Hammer - I would never want to get close enough to use a melee weapon but a Large Hammer would be the best choice, IMO. The only way to put a zombie down is to hurt the brain and issuing enough blunt trauma would be difficult at best. A crowbar is a classic DIY weapon but they have a few limitations. 1. They are hard to hold onto when you swing hard. 2. If you use the nail-pulling end, the sharp part isn't angled well for inflicting damage and if you are able to get it to stick in a Z's head, it may be difficult to get out.

I think the worst weapon choice ever would be a chainsaw. They are heavy, loud, can be hard to start, and the greatest problem is that due to the rotation of the chain, they would spray the user with a ton of zombie blood.