User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurWell Liked5000 Experience Points

Whose baby is it?

With the confirmation that Lizzy is pregnant, this past episode raised another important question that might bring important plot relevance. Most of us are probably accepting Saul as the baby-daddy ... but what if he's not?

Our colony escapees did share information about Lizzy that would seem to suggest she was now on the inside with the Maller leadership group. I know she has psychiatric training and can probably very effectively manipulate these folks, but might there be another way she got there?

Knowing the arc of romances so far in this story, I find out hard to believe that this pregnancy thing will play out straightforwardly. I want to believe in happy endings after Z-day and that Saul and Lizzy will get to be the happy family they may have started, but they may have too work to get there.

Here are a couple of theories:
    1) The Angel angle:
    When they found out Lizzy was pregnant, she had already seen their connection with Angel and claimed him to be the father. This caused them to treat her more gingerly and respectfullyand put her in a place to gain their trust. When Saul comes blazing in to the rescue, he'll hear that it's someone else's kid -one of the Maller peeps -and he'll have a huge dilemma on his hands, one that will not bee made easier by CJ, who came along to help him.

2) The sad scenario:
    Lizzy had become Durai's bed-buddy out of a sheer survival calculation, and the Mallers believe it to be Durai's child. It may or may not actually be the case, but Saul deals with the same big dilemma as scenario 1.

3) The twisted scenario:
    The Mallers are on the inside of a group who are experimenting with zombies, and they're waiting for the baby to come in order to experiment... Does Saul make it in time?

4) The-I'm-reading-way-too-much-into-this-scenario:
    Nuff said - it's Saul's child.

Love to hear any other theories out there!
    Last edited by Tar Heel Fan; Jul 1st, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Typo