It's time for our heroes to start figuring out what makes the zombies tick. The Tower folks seem to know more about them than anybody else we've encountered, except possibly CJ. They discovered the importance of sweat, practiced capturing them using chloroform, encountered all the special types. Now we have Tanya and Saul, and their potential immunity.

The Mallers, the Colony and Fort Irwin all seem to have avoided experimenting on the zombies. And with good reason, it would only take one getting loose to risk any of those locations being overrun! That goes double for doing research in Boulder!

It seems to me that what they need is an isolated site where they can start doing some serious research into the zombies and into the Tinks. It needs to be separate from the remaining human enclaves so that they aren't threatened if something goes wrong. Preferably some place that already has all the facilities in place.

In our world the best location might be the new Level 4 Bio Research Facility on the campus of UCLA. In the We're Alive universe I'm thinking the best location is Radon Labs.

At some point I predict we're going to see the Tower survivors, together with researchers from Boulder and soldiers from Fort Irwin, set up a base at Radon Labs. The group will include Michael, Riley and Tanya, they will be reunited with Saul, Victor, Lizzie and Burt, who will bring CJ along, and the entire group that went to Boulder will return.

I can even imagine how the group will get in to the lab. Remember the "smart one" that Burt shot on the roof of Locked and Loaded (Chapter 3, Part 3). He had a "Level 3 Badge from Radon Labs" clipped to his belt. I'll bet that body, with badge attached, is still up there, waiting to be recovered.