Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
I was told by user GutsyCoyote on Saturday that Nik totally bitch slapped my theory about some zombies possibly having lingering emotions. Today, I got to hear that.
Bitch slap is such a harsh term. I prefer Keepin' the Pimp hand Strong.

My buddy made it sound worse than it was. I agree that Tommy didn't show an ounce of hesitation in attacking the group and even displayed some idea of self preservation, but I still think we have yet to see an example in the story where a zombie with higher brain function might have a second thought about attacking a loved one. Tommy only had one blood relative there; his aunt, and even then she was pretty much a bitch with him. But yeah, I don't think we'll ever see this idea explored in the story and it's probably best to throw it either in the crack pot pile or consider it useless.
I may have missed where the theory said one of the Higher Brain function zombies. I assumed by Tommy's actions he qualified into what you were talking about. But if you're talking truly high brain function (TOWTM) then you could very well be right. I doubt remorse is one of those emotions he'd show....but we've certainly seen his malicious side....

I recently saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but I think as a movie it sucks and made a handful of my favorite literary characters two dimensional. In my mind the behemoths are represented by the image of Tanks and/or Chargers from Left-4-Dead 1 & 2.
Never played left for dead, but I've seen the artwork for Tanks and Chargers so I can see why people make the comparison. Essentially, I think they look the same (big hulking torso and arms, small head, regular looking legs) but since I know League more than L4D I'll just stick to my guns.

I could have sworn I made a casual comment about the background applauding/stomping when the one with Markings was tearing up Samantha, but maybe I just thought on it and never actually posted. Oh well.
Like I said, I honestly don't know who brought it up first...there's just a few posts around here and as much as I'd like to say I remember them all...but that'd be a lie.