Quote Originally Posted by Bray View Post
Another cracking episode, I hope the Ft Irwin residents don't turn out like the colony. If they need to be removed from the story because it's not very interesting if they are just chilling out perfectly safe, then please let there be some epic battle where the zombies lay siege to Ft Irwin and eventually over run it.

Still don't think Angel is alive though, I just can't see how he could be, he was on top of a building as it went down!
they seem to be genuine military, and if there is one thing i kow about military:there is ordre and procedure. everyone who was, is, or was connected to he military (ie civilian workforce) would most likely willingly fall in line to secure their collective survival. this is because the military attracts a certain type of personality: people who want to get things done but in an environment that has order and structure. they are usually people who can work well with a team and rely on the training of their teammates to get things done. think back to when michael, saul, and angel were clearing the tower the first time. they tried to leave the untrained civilians towards the rear so that they wouldn't get in the way.

regarding on base structure, i think that the reason rank broke down in the tower and michael was in charge boils down to experience, from what i gathered angel seemed like he was fresh out of OCS and had no leadership experience, where as michael had worked his way up to be a NCO. in a larger unit, even just as large as company strength, the leadership would have the experience that the men would look towards and thus would maintain positive control over the troops. at fort irwin, the NTC headquarters commanding general is (at present) a brigadier general. that is more than enough experience to be able to command the troops in an emergency.