User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    hahah u dont leave much left for us to debate, rock solid point

How smart are they? like us when we were hunter gatherers, except with more emphasis on hunting and a seething hate for veggies.

Are they becoming smarter as they adjust to their new lifestyle? maybe they were always this way? they just had a large food supply in the beginning, or maybe the stupid ones are dying away, but who knows.

Are there any more examples you've seen in the series/heard about from character stories that lead away from the mindless hunter? no i think u nailed em all.
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I vote to call them zombies, cause KC decided so when he named the show.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'll sign off by saying "Night of the Dead" They're coming to get you Barbara... was a dead guy straight from a coffin.
    So, my tangent wasn't about a name, but their characteristics. The creatures in 28 Days later basically lived to further infect people. The virus HAD to find other hosts, it had to spread. The infected didn't "DIE." They transitioned (Tommy). I think of it basically like a rabid dog, so they maintain mobility and most brain functions.
    This series like Resident Evil, seems to have bits and pieces of all "Zombie" subcultures, but more so along the retro virus (rewriting DNA) infected creatures. They get to evolve
    MY opinion only: Zombies have rigor mortis. Infected don't.

My interest is HOW they communicate? They've developed a way to issue commands and for those commands to be understood and carried out. Maybe they've maintained the ability to reason, but lost the ability to speak? I ask this because of the Samatha/Kalani episode.
    Someone else brought up the fires. That's a very important tid bit since the discovery of fire is what allowed our civilization to conquer other tribes, keep away predators and evolve. Why would they need fire?
    Maybe "They" don't, but Ink does? He's clearly showed that he still has fear and he wears clothes....
    Live long and prosper.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Can I say how entertaining it is to see this go on such a tangent? What started as a (long winded and slightly rambling) post to accumulate examples of the Zombies intelligence has gone into a semantic debate over their title.
    It's better than the fast/slow zombie debate that's for sure.

"Gatherer"

Status
    You know how in the story they say the smarter you are in life the smarter you are in death. Does this mean that a vegetarian in life is a vegetarian in death? Or do they become a cannibalistic monster like the rest of us beef eating fanatics.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    You know how in the story they say the smarter you are in life the smarter you are in death. Does this mean that a vegetarian in life is a vegetarian in death? Or do they become a cannibalistic monster like the rest of us beef eating fanatics.
    LOL. I bet they turn into the cannibalistic monster, but i bet they got sick for about a month as their stomach rejected the meat. Vegans would be totally screwed...

Believe me y'all, I'm not complaining about the tangents. Topics go off in different directions all the time, I just thought it was funny which direction it went. I'm not trying to get down on anyone for where the conversation went. :-)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    ROFL! Those carrots better watch out!
    I guess if your brain functions never ceased, then it makes sense to have smarter creatures than Romero's Zombies (even though they've started to learn in later movies). His Zombies were alway stuck in Ground Hogs Day mode.
    KC's twisted vision/version of the genre is just plain scary as fugg! It's almost unwinable.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    ROFL! Those carrots better watch out!
    I guess if your brain functions never ceased, then it makes sense to have smarter creatures than Romero's Zombies (even though they've started to learn in later movies). His Zombies were alway stuck in Ground Hogs Day mode.
    KC's twisted vision/version of the genre is just plain scary as fugg! It's almost unwinable.
    Speaking of Groundhog day, Happy GroundHog day

Also if you remember in the early RE games, if you didn't burn the zombies, or cut their heads off, later on in the game they would rise again and become Crimson Heads.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    So I'm thinking about this and running through this in my head but... have we ever "seen" a zombie uhm... happen on W.A. yet?

I don't think we have!

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    So I'm thinking about this and running through this in my head but... have we ever "seen" a zombie uhm... happen on W.A. yet?

I don't think we have!
    You mean someone turning into a zombie?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast