User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Unless I missed a detail somewhere the Mallers have no good reason to help the Tower folks nor come to the aid of Michael Pegs and Kelly. Not to mention the Tower has no reason to trust anything the Mallers say. And after the War, do either side have the resources and man power to take on The Colony? Yes, Scratch has a grudge against Pegs and a "nobody kills her but me" mentality but Durai is running the show.
    well the reason the mallers came a knockin on our tower's front door was because they needed a new place to stay, and that's exactly how there could be a maller team up with the tower. the tower has its agenda, rescue group michael, and the mallers get a new place to live. of course the hole in this plan is the people living under tyranny in the colony. they cant live there if the mallers are gonna be in charge. they shoulda been cannibals, no one cares if cannibals die
    Angel's #1 Fan

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    One issues here is the rules, aside from the "EVERYONE WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THE MOST" we haven't had a rules brief yet.
    Sure don't take in more people than you previously stated in the gatehouse is a unwritten rule, but is there a curfew?

Is there a rule wall or is it more like a silent oppression...

Tanya ratted out Micheal in < 1 day no doubt, and not because she had to but because she chose to.
    She wanted to be on Marcus's good side, note the hot coffee that she was told to go fetch upon his arrival.
    Hot coffee for example may be something he has over most of his working class.

It seems like there are a privileged few and then there are those who are a lesser class, follow me on this: a noncombatant class of people that are valued lower than the leader for example.
    He has already stated all for the greater good and what not so why wouldn't he withhold the best stuff for the upper class?
    Or it really could just be some simple cafeteria instead of a locked down prison slop hole.

A man was hung up for a previous incident as was stated earlier, martial law may not exist yet outside of "work hours" but it is clear that something is at play larger than what we have seen.

I feel like what was dropped in the hall was blood.

I feel like there is something serious going on inside the Colony, Ground Zero stuff.
    Experimental or something otherwise that was taken from the last tower that fell maybe something that Shaun/Shawn/Sean went back for?
    Communism 101, well the failed version that the ussr used anyway
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Scavenger"

Status
    One issues here is the rules, aside from the "EVERYONE WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THE MOST" we haven't had a rules brief yet.
    Sure don't take in more people than you previously stated in the gatehouse is a unwritten rule, but is there a curfew?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Communism 101, well the failed version that the ussr used anyway
    Maybe there were lots of rules once, but I'm guessing it's been boiled down to this one:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Perhaps this mysterious Randy is the person that saved Michael's life at the water tower. Who knows. Gah, I need another episode. It's too early too tell.
    I dig this theory. Sounds plausible.

"Scavenger"

Status
    This was a cool episode but so frustrating because it only cemented exactly what most of us thought. The colony was not going to be good and I think it may have been a better idea to have one of them not go in and at least be able to relay where they were but now they're stuck for the time being. If Burt had been there no way he was giving up shirley.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
    This was a cool episode but so frustrating because it only cemented exactly what most of us thought.
    It's the payoff. So far KC has been setting up the character of the Tower and its residents against the Colony, and now we're seeing the worlds collide. When the magician pulls the tablecloth, nobody complains that the table's disappeared. Setup and payoff. It's good stuff.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I know it's obvious, but it hasn't been stated in the discussion yet, but in thinking of our I Told You So 101 lesson earlier, Victor is about to get himself a big ol' I told you so to Michael next chapter. That's where Michael is heading at the end of the episode.

Again, I know that's pretty blatant but nobody has stated it yet.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

i suppose this is the whole perspective argument again, but Marcus isnt exactly the nicest guy in the world, i mean yes dictatorships do offer some benefits, but the people live in tyranny none the less, a broken neck in exchange for a broken nose? that's an extreme set of rules, but i suppose for now those rules have kept those people alive, but there is a reason kc is giving us said perspective.
    Dictatorships can offer stability when there is none to be had. One person rises to the top, establishes control and...well basically expects everyone to kiss his butt for the rest of time because he did so. Yes, it is extreme to hang a person for breaking someone's nose but that is the norm of this society. And the reason we get this perspective is so we can see how different and unfair people are treated in the Colony vs. The Tower. Just imagine if Michael had the Colony's rules at the Tower. Riley, Lizzy, Kelly, Kalani, Burt, Pegs, and Saul would all be dead for challenging his authority at some point in time. Oppression of a people works and has worked for centuries....the problem is when a catalyst comes along....

well here's the thing about our revolution, yes we were a bunch of upstarts that took on the british superpower, BUT we did have help. at one of our most crucial moments, France went to war with Britain causing them to divert their attention away from the colonies. So that's why i say that the colony guardians are gong to be distracted by a direct assault from the outside, while michael and his rebel's start a guerilla war from the inside.
    Kudos. I raise your grade from a C+ to a B for this argument.

as for the maller involvement, my theory is that there will be two fronts in the war on the colony, one direct assault from the front, and a rebellion from within crumbling the colony empire. BUT for that to happen, the tower would need to stage an attack on the colony, and the fact of the matter is, the tower simply lacks the man power for something like that. How many trained offensive soldiers do they have that can do something like this. You've got Burt, Angel, Saul (assuming he gets his medicine), Riley, Lizzy, these are ur leaders, and other than that, you have maybe 20 more people in the tower, but assume that about half of them are in no shape for battle. *cough* Datu n Kalani *cough* plus i'm sure there are tower tenants who arent capable of running and gunning etc. so on a good day the tower can muster up 10-15 ppl. thats ok when on defense, but not enough for a serious threat to the colony. AND BAM maller time. we know what the mallers are capable of, especially their offensive tactics. earlier someone mentioned that the mallers werent going all out on their attack on the tower otherwise they woulda driven an oil tanker to the tower door and blown it up, so anyhoo the mallers have the fire power, and the tower has the intel.
    The person who mentioned it wasn't an all out attack was me. The Mallers want the tower for their own. If they wanted it destroyed and its residents to die, they could have done it with ease during the party without ever trying to negotiate.

The one major major major missing component at the moment is the ability to contact the Tower. They are out of radio contact with the Tower, they are not allowed to leave the Colony at the moment and Burt isn't going to send out a search party to find M/P/K. If Michael finds a radio tower in the Colony and can give the Tower a message that they are in real trouble: your Maller/Tower alliance becomes much more of a foregone conclusion. I agree with you that the Tower can not go on any sort of offensive. The Mallers (as we saw) can.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Feb 22nd, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    It's the payoff. So far KC has been setting up the character of the Tower and its residents against the Colony, and now we're seeing the worlds collide. When the magician pulls the tablecloth, nobody complains that the table's disappeared. Setup and payoff. It's good stuff.
    They really haven't set them against the Colony until this episode. It really could have went either way once they were inside, even though we were all suspicious, but given the circumstances thus far every character should be much more cautious than they have been. They really didn't have many options given injuries and transport so they had to step inside and if Michael can be given some sort of authority inside "The Colony" that is really going to be the only play they have at the moment other than random recon they can get from seeing and speaking to the others. I'm sure not all the people there agree with how things are being run and might be following due to fear of the outside or just not having any other options.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    I don't see a teamup against the colony exactly. I see a rescue of the colony - not necessarily bringing them out of the colony, but saving them from the commie dictatorship they've got going on there. I'd hate to see a bunch of forced slaves fighting for that bastard Marcus.
    We don't really know what the internal economy of The Colony is so we can't really call it a communism. Since there are trading posts and it seems that things are run on barter we can be pretty sure that it's not communistic.

well the reason the mallers came a knockin on our tower's front door was because they needed a new place to stay, and that's exactly how there could be a maller team up with the tower.
    Do you really believe that's all the Mallers wanted? Not for nothing but if you wanted to take a place over, maybe pipe bombs would be left at home?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    that Shaun/Shawn/Sean went back for?
    For the record, it's Sean.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast