User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Amazing episode. Freaking blew my mind. I listened to this while I was working today. Immediately afterward, I went to clean a mirror and noticed how very bloodshot my eyes were. It wasn't from crying. It was from 20 minutes of not blinking.

I don't see a teamup against the colony exactly. I see a rescue of the colony - not necessarily bringing them out of the colony, but saving them from the commie dictatorship they've got going on there. I'd hate to see a bunch of forced slaves fighting for that bastard Marcus.

I'll be listening to this one again first thing in the morning.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Amazing episode. Freaking blew my mind. I listened to this while I was working today. Immediately afterward, I went to clean a mirror and noticed how very bloodshot my eyes were. It wasn't from crying. It was from 20 minutes of not blinking.

I don't see a teamup against the colony exactly. I see a rescue of the colony - not necessarily bringing them out of the colony, but saving them from the commie dictatorship they've got going on there. I'd hate to see a bunch of forced slaves fighting for that bastard Marcus.

I'll be listening to this one again first thing in the morning.
    Damn i hadnt thought of that... Well this changes everything mybe the season finale will be a revOlution within the colony. But tyat seems sooo much lamer than my maller dea. Oh well as long as the mallers show uP at some point and raise a little hell ill be happy

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello, my children. Welcome to "I Told You So Theology 101: The Basics"

I know we all get excited and want to say I told you so all the time when we think our theories are correct, but we must look to our Patron Saint of "I Told You So" mythology, Burt Scott. Despite having full knowledge of I told you so sitting within his breast that the party was a bad idea and shouldn't have happened, he doth wait until the opportune moment to throw it in the leader Michael's face. But only did so when the Tower was fully under attack and was minutes from burning to the ground. And when it happened, it was good. And there was much Kalani ass kissing and rejoicing.

SO remember, You must have evidence and proof before I told you so can be thrown about haphazardly. For example, Nikvoodoo predicted we would meet Marcus in Chapter 19. He sayeth unto you "I told you so!"

Ra1th and Adogg, I will need to see you after class......(and Adogg, I'm not even sure what your I told you so was for. Write it in a two page essay by class time tomorrow...).......

Ok I'm done being weird. I shouldn't be on here after driving for 10 hours in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Damn i hadnt thought of that... Well this changes everything mybe the season finale will be a revOlution within the colony. But tyat seems sooo much lamer than my maller dea. Oh well as long as the mallers show uP at some point and raise a little hell ill be happy
    I won't admit to having heard the entire episode. It's very hard to hear spoken word while driving in a car anyway let alone with an Ipod FM tuner thingy that makes it really hard to hear anything the ipod is playing. I haven't had a chance to relisten to the episode yet, but here's my take on the basics of it: In thinking of the title "catalyst" means one that brings about change without altering the thing causing the change, or precipitates an event. Michael's release onto the populace of the Colony is the Catalyst for a revolution against Marcus. This isn't a society of fairness. It's all for the greater good. Michael disagrees completely. Michael's personality and addition of his defiant spirit to the society will spread like a virus until Marcus and the Guardians can't control it anymore.

I don't know if this stretches out for the entire remainder of the season. If it does stretch out that long, I'll be surprised how the mallers play in. No one knew about the Colony's existence and if you believe what was said about people not wanting to let that information out...hmm.... so many thoughts. Must relisten and catch everything that was said...

Again, sorry for being so weird.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Feb 21st, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Hello, my children. Welcome to "I Told You So Theology 101: The Basics"
    I've been waiting for this lol
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Can I also say that from what we could hear in the car, I just got my fiancee hooked on "We're Alive" today. That's how good the story was. She has been making fun of me and my zombie podcast and forum since the time I signed up in January.

She's now glaring at me because she wants to listen to the whole story....the story she's been making fun of me for....and it's all my fault! So kudos on solid script today!
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

big daddy nikvoodoo arrives at last, i was wondering when you'd show up and school us all hahahaa

i'd like to start by retracting my first statement, since there's no way i can defend all the stuff in it, plus half of it was written while i was on a "michael just beat some guy with a shovel" rush.

so my I told you so, will be this, The season finale will end in a glorious war against the colony. conflict against the colony whatever, the colony is the badguy sitting on a fence, and it will fall and all the king's horses and all the kings men will not be able to put the colony back together again. basically i told you so, the colony is actively hostile. i believe that was what adogg was talking about too.

good catch on the title, i was totally drawing a blank on what was being catalyzed.

as for the mallers, i'll eat my hat if they dont play a role at some point before the season ends, maybe they wont come to the tower's aid playing "ride of the valkyries", but i dont see the colony being brought down by revolution alone. No doubt, Michael is a catalyst for the coming revolution, but the unarmed masses can be cowed by the guardians who hold all the weapons. It seems to works just like the communist regimes of old, with a ruling party holding the power (weapons), and the commoners following, if it was to happen revolution alone it would be long and bloody, and success isnt guaranteed. Let's assume there are 500 people in teh colony, if so let's say there are a 100 or so guardians, or something along a 1 armed guardian carrying an m16 (stolen from the armory, this is assuming the colony is the one who stole the weapons from the armory angel/kalani were at) against 5 common folk, that rebellion could be easily quelled, i'm sure Marcus has thought of this possibility and has defenses in place to stop it from happening, so there's no way the colony regiime is goign down with revolution alone, there will be a war, and that's how the season will end.

grade away professor voodoo
    Angel's #1 Fan

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    big daddy nikvoodoo arrives at last, i was wondering when you'd show up and school us all hahahaa
    As I said, I was sadly in a car for 10 hours. It's very hard to listen/read/and comment while driving, especially when you factor in psychotic NYC drivers who change lanes without signaling, looking or caring if you are there or might have feelings.

i'd like to start by retracting my first statement, since there's no way i can defend all the stuff in it, plus half of it was written while i was on a "michael just beat some guy with a shovel" rush.
    Yeah....that was pretty sweet. And by pretty sweet, I mean very sweet.

so my I told you so, will be this, The season finale will end in a glorious war against the colony. conflict against the colony whatever, the colony is the badguy sitting on a fence, and it will fall and all the king's horses and all the kings men will not be able to put the colony back together again. basically i told you so, the colony is actively hostile. i believe that was what adogg was talking about too.
    Ok, I can buy the I Told You So being the Colony is actively hostile. I can buy it, but I'm not entirely sold quite yet. Again, perspective perspective perspective. The rules are the rules, and if you break them there are consequences. Its the same as any society. They agreed to protection under Marcus, they have to follow the rules. Thanks for clarifying Adogg's comment. I wasn't sure if there was something else on the forums I had missed and I was slightly confused.

good catch on the title, i was totally drawing a blank on what was being catalyzed.
    I'm just glad I got it in before anyone else did!

as for the mallers, i'll eat my hat if they dont play a role at some point before the season ends, maybe they wont come to the tower's aid playing "ride of the valkyries", but i dont see the colony being brought down by revolution alone. No doubt, Michael is a catalyst for the coming revolution, but the unarmed masses can be cowed by the guardians who hold all the weapons. It seems to works just like the communist regimes of old, with a ruling party holding the power (weapons), and the commoners following, if it was to happen revolution alone it would be long and bloody, and success isnt guaranteed. Let's assume there are 500 people in teh colony, if so let's say there are a 100 or so guardians, or something along a 1 armed guardian carrying an m16 (stolen from the armory, this is assuming the colony is the one who stole the weapons from the armory angel/kalani were at) against 5 common folk, that rebellion could be easily quelled, i'm sure Marcus has thought of this possibility and has defenses in place to stop it from happening, so there's no way the colony regiime is goign down with revolution alone, there will be a war, and that's how the season will end.
    Like I've said all along, I do believe the mallers have a huge role left to play. I just do not know how it's going to happen right now. There's still a lot of time left to establish and formulate an alliance/uneasy alliance/trick the Mallers into doing something, but I can't see how it can play out right now.

Remember, if you are an American citizen your country started because a bunch of upstarts organized themselves and outlasted the most power military in the world at the time. You need to have a strong enough will and the true passion to enact change. If that sentiment exists within the working class of the Colony, anything is possible. Michael's coup might take a long time to ferment. Or it will be done before the end of Chapter 19. It's hard to know. I'm guessing it will take longer.

grade away professor voodoo
    C+. You have some capitalization issues, and spelling issues. Some of your sentences run on far too long and there is some very interesting punctuation.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Ok, I can buy the I Told You So being the Colony is actively hostile. I can buy it, but I'm not entirely sold quite yet. Again, perspective perspective perspective. The rules are the rules, and if you break them there are consequences. Its the same as any society. They agreed to protection under Marcus, they have to follow the rules.
    i suppose this is the whole perspective argument again, but Marcus isnt exactly the nicest guy in the world, i mean yes dictatorships do offer some benefits, but the people live in tyranny none the less, a broken neck in exchange for a broken nose? that's an extreme set of rules, but i suppose for now those rules have kept those people alive, but there is a reason kc is giving us said perspective.

Remember, if you are an American citizen your country started because a bunch of upstarts organized themselves and outlasted the most power military in the world at the time. You need to have a strong enough will and the true passion to enact change. If that sentiment exists within the working class of the Colony, anything is possible. Michael's coup might take a long time to ferment. Or it will be done before the end of Chapter 19. It's hard to know. I'm guessing it will take longer.
    well here's the thing about our revolution, yes we were a bunch of upstarts that took on the british superpower, BUT we did have help. at one of our most crucial moments, France went to war with Britain causing them to divert their attention away from the colonies. So that's why i say that the colony guardians are gong to be distracted by a direct assault from the outside, while michael and his rebel's start a guerilla war from the inside.

Like I've said all along, I do believe the mallers have a huge role left to play. I just do not know how it's going to happen right now. There's still a lot of time left to establish and formulate an alliance/uneasy alliance/trick the Mallers into doing something, but I can't see how it can play out right now.
    as for the maller involvement, my theory is that there will be two fronts in the war on the colony, one direct assault from the front, and a rebellion from within crumbling the colony empire. BUT for that to happen, the tower would need to stage an attack on the colony, and the fact of the matter is, the tower simply lacks the man power for something like that. How many trained offensive soldiers do they have that can do something like this. You've got Burt, Angel, Saul (assuming he gets his medicine), Riley, Lizzy, these are ur leaders, and other than that, you have maybe 20 more people in the tower, but assume that about half of them are in no shape for battle. *cough* Datu n Kalani *cough* plus i'm sure there are tower tenants who arent capable of running and gunning etc. so on a good day the tower can muster up 10-15 ppl. thats ok when on defense, but not enough for a serious threat to the colony. AND BAM maller time. we know what the mallers are capable of, especially their offensive tactics. earlier someone mentioned that the mallers werent going all out on their attack on the tower otherwise they woulda driven an oil tanker to the tower door and blown it up, so anyhoo the mallers have the fire power, and the tower has the intel.

C+. You have some capitalization issues, and spelling issues. Some of your sentences run on far too long and there is some very interesting punctuation.
    sob sob sob

Angel's #1 Fan

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    One of the rules in a zombie apocalypse is to approach other survivors with caution and take note of EVERYTHING. If they are not a welcoming community like our Tower-folk (with some expected reluctance to take in another mouth to feed), they are one or more of four categories...

A) they want to eat you
    B) they want to experiment on you
    C) they want to rape and pillage or
    D) they want to ensalve you

Since Victor(?) wasn't too thrilled about bringing them home we knew right away that they weren't sheltering old folks in the back room. A massive scale prison breakout would be ideal and make for one heck of a finale, but at the moment I'm skeptical (when am I not) about how our trio will escape (IF they escape). Unless I missed a detail somewhere the Mallers have no good reason to help the Tower folks nor come to the aid of Michael Pegs and Kelly. Not to mention the Tower has no reason to trust anything the Mallers say. And after the War, do either side have the resources and man power to take on The Colony? Yes, Scratch has a grudge against Pegs and a "nobody kills her but me" mentality but Durai is running the show.

This is all blind speculation but did anyone consider Michael could take over The Colony at some point in the story? The man is pretty quick to figure things out and he's got the ability to gain influence over people who are pains in the butt. It'd be a shame to waste everything the Colony has to offer with the Tower still being in such a weakened state. Perhaps this mysterious Randy is the person that saved Michael's life at the water tower. Who knows. Gah, I need another episode. It's too early too tell.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Scavenger"

Status
    One issues here is the rules, aside from the "EVERYONE WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THE MOST" we haven't had a rules brief yet.
    Sure don't take in more people than you previously stated in the gatehouse is a unwritten rule, but is there a curfew?

Is there a rule wall or is it more like a silent oppression...

Tanya ratted out Micheal in < 1 day no doubt, and not because she had to but because she chose to.
    She wanted to be on Marcus's good side, note the hot coffee that she was told to go fetch upon his arrival.
    Hot coffee for example may be something he has over most of his working class.

It seems like there are a privileged few and then there are those who are a lesser class, follow me on this: a noncombatant class of people that are valued lower than the leader for example.
    He has already stated all for the greater good and what not so why wouldn't he withhold the best stuff for the upper class?
    Or it really could just be some simple cafeteria instead of a locked down prison slop hole.

A man was hung up for a previous incident as was stated earlier, martial law may not exist yet outside of "work hours" but it is clear that something is at play larger than what we have seen.

I feel like what was dropped in the hall was blood.

I feel like there is something serious going on inside the Colony, Ground Zero stuff.
    Experimental or something otherwise that was taken from the last tower that fell maybe something that Shaun/Shawn/Sean went back for?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast