"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_vercetti View Post
    Actually Vic says ''Talk to me in a week''

Re listen to chapter 18 part 1, around 4:25 minutes in he says it
    I haven't heard this thought yet. I believe the reason Vic is telling them to go away, is because he believes they may abandon their friends, as maybe he did. Guilt sucks.

But of course, not letting some people leave because of the asset that they are, and them being forced into my earlier thought, is just a pile of suck.

-Off Topic Side Thought-
    And i have a hunch, that we're not gonna hear much more of this colony story line this chapter. I think 18-3 is gonna be this angel/kalani vs the big one all the way thru, just like 18-2 was all the colony stuff. And then, 19 will be all about the tower. hehehehe, puttin money down on this one [ok, not really]
    Last edited by Hollomandious; Feb 1st, 2011 at 09:48 PM.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to say this, but 18/2 was the worst of the all the chapters for me. Michael, Kelly and Pegs all got on my damn nerves. At first I couldn't decide who I wanted to punch more, Mike or Pegs? Michael won out. His character has turned into this cat who should KNOW better than run his mouth at any given time.
    Vic's continued warnings didn't tingle anyone's Spidy Senses one iota.
    No military bearing left whatsoever! It's like he forgot all his training and deployed experience. The Hope thing was really the straw that broke the camels back for me. Lose lips sink ships and they sure went Pearl Harbor!
    Pegs.. whoo wee! She's "Special"
    I glad the doc put them in their places. I love her attitude! I can see Lizzy evolving into a person like her.

The Colony: Not cannibals. They have gardens and such. Survival of the fittest type? Hell yah. If you can't contribute, then you're outty. Makes perfect sense. Medical care for tenured servitude. Makes sense.
    In the end, one of them is going to have to stay as a hostage of sorts, a bargaining chip if you will, to ensure whomever returns to the tower acts accordingly.
    I'm actually more interested in seeing what happens with Angel, Kalani and Skittles.
    I am wondering why Angel just doesn't try and head shot? He can fire from a supported position. Nothing chasing him and he has a clear target. It's clearly not going anywhere.
    Ok, I'm done ranting.. LOL

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Wasn't exactly what he said...
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_vercetti View Post
    Actually Vic says ''Talk to me in a week''

Re listen to chapter 18 part 1, around 4:25 minutes in he says it
    My bad, I think the heebie-jeebies for the colony got the better of my memory.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    My bad, I think the heebie-jeebies for the colony got the better of my memory.
    No worries... There's a few particulars that I just try to keep clear... Makes for interesting theories.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Here's something we haven't mentioned yet: What was Tanya starting to say when Michael and she overlapped in the beginning of the episode. I didn't catch it the first time because I was on the subway, but I listened again and heard the overlap. Because that is obviously there for a reason. There are ways to fix that in post production if it were an accident while recording. Anybody able to catch what she started to say?
    I think I finally caught what she was trying to say. She started to say "How did you know..." and then Michael cut her off. I still say this is an important part of the episode. At no time in my career in entertainment has a director allowed an actor to step over people's lines unless it was expressly called for in the script (and what the people were saying didn't need to be heard by the audience). I know what that exchange usually sounds like. This sounded nothing like that. There's nearly a two second delay between Michael's line "You're the reason we're here" and when both Michael and Tanya speak next.

Thoughts?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    wait could u reframe the situation again, i remember this hickup clearly, cause i remember thinking oh wow the actors messed up, but if what u say is true then that opens a lot of possibilities. what did michael say that made tanya respond or begin to respond "how did u know"
    Angel's #1 Fan

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    wait could u reframe the situation again, i remember this hickup clearly, cause i remember thinking oh wow the actors messed up, but if what u say is true then that opens a lot of possibilities. what did michael say that made tanya respond or begin to respond "how did u know"
    Starting at 1:03
    Michael: Before you bar me, look at it. Its just a break. It wasn't set right and it's been the way it is now. No bite marks or anything just some bad discoloration
    Tanya: I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to take any chances.
    Michael: Ok, don't let me in that's fine. You're the reason we're here.

(Pause)
    Michael: [We're looking for help...]
    Tanya: [How did you know...]

(pause)

Michael: We're looking for...etc etc

The brackets and italics indicate the overlap.

If this were a live broadcast of a Radio Drama, I would have laughed and been like "Ah ha! Actor mess up!" but since this is recorded and spends time being edited, everything that KC allows into the final product is for a reason. I'm just wondering what the reason could be to have them overlap like this and have an awkward pause both before and after the overlap.

Had Michael just continued on saying "our friend is hurt and needs help and blah blah blah" this wouldn't be a big deal because you aren't supposed to hear or understand that Tanya tried to say anything. But since they paused and stopped, it's there for a reason.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    thanks!

you're the reason we're here
    how did you know...

this is hard... well i know that at a later point tanya says that she isnt doing her work by choice, maybe medical work isnt the only work she's doing, human experimention? it would fit since it was said that the hospital reaked of death and had an ominous tone to it. maybe she's looking to escape. lets say michael/pegs/kelly are forced to stay in the colony by Marcus, the facade of the colony breaks and its actually a hellhole, so they break out, and on their way out they take hope and tanya with them. Doctors are a very rare commodity and the colony now has a reason to come knocking on the tower door.

but back to the topic at hand, i think maybe the answer lies in the question itself as in what it's asking. you're the reason we're here could mean we're here for u the doctor. and then how did you know i was here. or could it be more? by you're the reason we're here, could he somehow have meant that they were here for tanya the person. I'm wondering if Michael knows more than he's letting the audience know, it wouldnt be the first time (broken arm story we're all itching to hear) maybe this has something to do with the boat, maybe he found something on the boat that he hid, maybe this has something to do with the broken arm story itself. we know michael was army intel, maybe he saw something, maybe the room was bugged and didnt want to give away what he knows.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    thanks!

you're the reason we're here
    how did you know...

this is hard... well i know that at a later point tanya says that she isnt doing her work by choice, maybe medical work isnt the only work she's doing, human experimention? it would fit since it was said that the hospital reaked of death and had an ominous tone to it. maybe she's looking to escape. lets say michael/pegs/kelly are forced to stay in the colony by Marcus, the facade of the colony breaks and its actually a hellhole, so they break out, and on their way out they take hope and tanya with them. Doctors are a very rare commodity and the colony now has a reason to come knocking on the tower door.

but back to the topic at hand, i think maybe the answer lies in the question itself as in what it's asking. you're the reason we're here could mean we're here for u the doctor. and then how did you know i was here. or could it be more? by you're the reason we're here, could he somehow have meant that they were here for tanya the person. I'm wondering if Michael knows more than he's letting the audience know, it wouldnt be the first time (broken arm story we're all itching to hear) maybe this has something to do with the boat, maybe he found something on the boat that he hid, maybe this has something to do with the broken arm story itself. we know michael was army intel, maybe he saw something, maybe the room was bugged and didnt want to give away what he knows.
    Or... it's common for people to step on each other when they talk. Before anyone goes diving in too deep on this one I can explain my reasoning on this one. When I'm going through and editing segments of dialogue there's a certain energy that a person takes to a scene. Michael's first line had a certain amount of energy, and then he went forward, started a line, stopped himself, and did it again, but this 2nd time the energy level didn't match. When I took both lines and did one after the other, it felt disjointed. So I turned the time he stopped himself in the line, put a piece of Tanya's line from another area in to make it seem like two people naturally interrupt each other. I felt it also added a piece of realism in the pacing because people do talk over each other, especially when talking over the phone or through a box with someone you can't see.

So, it was a combination of things.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Touche master kc. Touche.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast