User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    the mallers are not that big a threat, because the mallers attacked the tower, and it ended in absolute and utter failure. are they a threat ? yes, but they can be beaten, but if the colony was to become hostile to the tower, now THATS a real difference in power
    Without knowing what Durai's plans for the Tower were, we can't really say if it was a total failure or not. Remember Scratch went against his wishes when she dropped the Molotov Cocktail. If the Mallers had wanted to destroy the Tower entirely, they probably could have done it. Hell, they could have taken one of their tankers, driven it into the lobby and thrown a pipe bomb at that. They were most likely trying to take over the Tower for their own purposes which is harder to do than just throwing enough pipe bombs into a building to take it down.

I will also say if the Colony turned hostile, it doesn't seem like they would go on an offensive like the Mallers did. The Colony has dug themselves in deep where they are and I doubt they would ever travel up to L.A. to attack anyone. They have a lifestyle that works really well for them, and without meeting Marcus or knowing anything about him yet, it doesn't seem like he would do something so rash as to launch an offensive and leave the Colony in a weakened state.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    the colony has at least 1000 people. the tower has about 30 ppl, and the mallers have maybe 50-80 ppl left
    Just to clarify:
    1000 = Colony (Speculation from Michael, may not be accurate)
    30 ppl= Tower (You're close)
    50-80 ppl- Mallers (That is completely unknown)

I didn't give anything away, but maybe this might help a little in the discussion.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Without knowing what Durai's plans for the Tower were
    Yes we do, their base at the time was absolutely terrible. So they wanted the tower which was much better fortified and far easier to defend. Which was why they didnt just blow the place to smithereens. They wouldn't have even needed to drive a tanker there since the Tower had one sitting in their backyard already.

Indeed if there were a 2v1 teamup a maller-tower vs colony seems like it would be more interesting. Though it might be something against the zombie ground zero as well. If things at the colony do go well, despite the subtle hints that it wont, they would have enough people to make a more organized attack on ground zero. Of course that would pose a new problem of convincing the colonists to help, since they are as previously stated pretty well dug in.

"Lurker"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Blind Hope

I suspect Samantha's daughter will become a more significant character. Blind Hope is too much of a metaphor to resist. I think Datu will want to care for her as a surrogate father once he learns of her survival.
    Last edited by jiwasz; Feb 1st, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jiwasz View Post
    I suspect Samantha's daughter will become a more significant character. Blind Hope is too much of a metaphore to resist. I think Datu will want to care for her as a surrogate father once he learns of her survival.
    Excellent point, hope you're right. Datu has become a really miserable character lately. Maybe this will end his moping and gloom and bring back the old guy I liked.

"Lurker"

Status
    Ok, so this is my first real post on the forum, don't beat me up too bad about not knowing established theories.

Finding Hope was an interesting turn in the plot, however too little too late in my opinion for any emotional connection. But what it could do is give us some backstory on Kalani, maybe Hope knows about him, maybe she can finally get him killed or abandoned. I would like to see the passages written in Datu's journal by Samantha passed on to Hope so that she can read some of her mother's final words.

I have to wonder if the colony has a helicopter. The challenge of getting Michael, Pegs, and Kelly back to tower with Michael having a freshly re-broken arm could be greatly alleviated with a chopper. Also, if a rescue mission is hatched by the colony for the tower, maybe some characters will remain in the tower - skeptical of change and fearful of the new community.

Lastly, as a Walking Dead reader, the colony strikes a sour note and a too close to the Governor storyline. I am willing to look past this in a collateral evolution of a zombie outbreak.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffatopolis View Post
    I would like to see the passages written in Datu's journal by Samantha passed on to Hope so that she can read some of her mother's final words.
    Guess someone would have to read them to her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffatopolis View Post
    Also, if a rescue mission is hatched by the colony for the tower, maybe some characters will remain in the tower - skeptical of change and fearful of the new community.
    Interesting thought. I'm guessing the ones that would stay behind wouldn't last too long if their numbers weren't substantial. Guessing the majority of the named survivors in the tower would jump at the chance to get to a seemingly more secure place.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaro View Post
    Yes we do, their base at the time was absolutely terrible. So they wanted the tower which was much better fortified and far easier to defend. Which was why they didnt just blow the place to smithereens. They wouldn't have even needed to drive a tanker there since the Tower had one sitting in their backyard already.
    Let me say the same thing but in a different way: Without knowing what Durai's exact plans are, we can't call the attack an absolute and abject failure. That's the point I was making was the success/failure of his attack. If you had finished reading the rest of that paragraph you would have seen that I concluded "taking it over for their own purposes"

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Nikvoodoo, ur right... as usual, at this point it doesnt seem likely that there would be any need for a tower/maller team up on the colony. at least not to defend themselves.

It just seems shallow to have the mallers just be the badguy again. Plus the thing is, even if we dont know what the maller intention was during the war, and we dont really know the full potential of the mallers, but it would seem tacky to me to have the mallers become a threat that is powerful enough to eclipse both the colony and the tower. it just seems like it would be changing the enemy to fit the situation, well whatever it is i'm sure it'll be done in an artful way and we wont even notice, cause i had the same worry when the michael group set out to find a doctor (oh are u just gonna find a doctor out there now that u need one? but it was done rly well so)

ahh theres just not enough information on the colony to theorize what will happen.

also, greg miller was pete, i love him and all but his voice work seemd noticeably worse compared to the actors, just makes you appreciate how talented they are.

Also after re listening to it all, michael and peggs seemed like douche bags about questioning Hope, seriously, what good came of that other than making her cry, and then not even realizing that they made a serious mistake. they're guests, they should behave that way, i guess we'll find out where the second tower was, maybe thats where the tower will move to, cause it seemed very secured from what kalani told us. it seems like a better idea to stay in LA because thats where ground zero is and that seems like it'll play a role in the story
    Angel's #1 Fan

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Was this one of the first episodes besides the first ones that only had one story plot?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast