User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Chapter 18- No Place Like Home - Part 2

Theories, discussions, all go here for 18-2

"Scavenger"

Status
    Downloading now.... (expecting a Michael/Pegs ****storm)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC, it made my heart happy that you brought Hope into the story. It's nice to hear that she made it out alive; that is a nice way to make us feel better about you killing off our dear Samantha.

Greg did a good job with his lines, too. He was very chipper so I hope that indicates a happy environment in the colony that we can trust. Although, I could just be setting myself up for disappointment when it turns into a weird place.

Overall, this episode did a great job of advancing the story.

I'm even more anxious to return to the Angel story, though, and finally learn what's been happening at the tower.
    Last edited by VeritableHero; Jan 31st, 2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added actual discussion.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Pete is Greg from another podcast! So cool, KC.

Umm ..... the writing seemed spot on. I really felt like this is what would happen but I'm not sure I felt that anything big happened. We did learn that they are pro-military (I was worried they may have actually fought some military earlier), that they still have supplies (and lots of them), and are coming under attack.
    Last edited by Adogg; Jan 31st, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Name

"Lurker"

Status
    Wonder if Marcus will let them go back to the others. Maybe michael will have to sneak out with a freshly broken arm.
    Also, why was victor trying to keep them away?

"Lurker"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

They don't seem much like cannibals to me. I doubt they would have bothered with any medical aid if they were planning on eating them. Keeping Hope alive was good pathos and softened the hard image of the Colony suggested in part 1. There's still potential for drama when our crew meets Marcus, but I doubt it will be of the gustatorial variety.

On a different note, I have to say I really appreciate the sound editing. I normally listen on my car speakers which are just factory issue. I listened to this week's podcast in my home office on a set of quality speakers and the sound of the truck rumbling came through wonderfully. I'm tempted to go back and start from the beginning and hear what I missed the first time around.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Speaking of the sound design, as soon as they walked into the street and I heard birds, I knew they were safe. Honestly, when was the last time you heard that many birds chirping in this podcast?

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    i certainly hope that we'll be hearing more about michaels arm, but i suppose it wouldnt make much sense for michael to tell the story to a bunch of random people. The colony doesnt seem so bad but it is a dictatorship nonetheless.

ok so here's my theory, Michael's arm is out for another month or so, so he's basically useless till then, i get the feeling that this Marcus (speaking of which who is he? other than the leader, have we met him before?) is not gonna let michael leave. Soldiers are valuable, so they might force michael to stay. Maybe Kelly and Pegs will run the meds back to saul in the tower, and then teh next storyline would be something as to how the colony is evil incarnate, and an alliance forms between the mallers and the tower, and then they go to war with the colony as it seems both the mallers and the tower need to relocate.

i rly rly rly want a team up with the mallers and the tower, but this is all just blindly throwing stuff out there to get to an end where theres a maller/tower tag team on the colony.

also hope, i had no clue who she was cause every time i re listen to the podcast, i always skip chapter 10 or all the parts with samantha and datu, but i'd hope to hear where the old tower is and an exploration of that area, maybe they have water or power or maybe thats wehre they'll move into.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Also, KC, i live in Irvine, and i know the santa ana area really well, is the colony based on somewhere real?
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Also, KC, i live in Irvine, and i know the santa ana area really well, is the colony based on somewhere real?
    Perhaps...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast