User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    Does this forum support a shoutbox? I know they require a lot of bandwidth and processing power depending on the amount of usage.
    Yea, there's a plethora of shoutbox plugins available for vBulletin.
    The downside is that most shoutboxes don't refresh automatically (except the AJAX based ones), so we might not be able to find a good one. It'll be worth looking into though, as it can be a viable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    I'm almost sure there will be a way to incorporate an IRC into html based web script/forum.

The question is, would we want to?
    Increased bandwidth usage, definite need for policing/monitoring, and a ton of work to design an implement these changes.

If you allow an off site representation of the community of We're Alive we wouldn't need constant monitoring or any serious web implementation to take place.
    Not to mention if the extra traffic might cause problems somehow.

However, it would be really really cool to see the We're Alive WebBased IRC chat (The WarRoom!) on the main page right next to the episode/discuss tabs...
    Then again.
    Thats for the higher ups to decide.
    The War Room sounds nice!

Some chat plugins have the ability to report users, so that it can be monitored indirectly. Design work won't be a big deal, as that's included in the plugin's package. The chat will probably end up on a separate page, or if it's a shoutbox right above the forum.
    Only if we manually build it in, it'll be a lot of work, but I believe that also causes Kc to lose the official support from the vB team that's included in the license. So I don't think that'll happen anyway.
    Don't quote me on the license thing by the way, as I'm not entirely sure about that. It's just what I recall from another place

"Gatherer"

Status
    Yeah I've been a part of various communities before and they usually had some form of a shoutbox. They tend to be buggy, bandwidth hogs but if you can find a good one, it's totally worth it. Simply cause sometimes not everything is worth posting a new topic for, it's easier to just pop in and talk to people immediately.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I'm going to start looking into it.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by StepLaugh View Post
    I'm going to start looking into it.
    If I can do anything to help, let me know.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    It would be cool if a chat room could be integrated into the forum but I'd be less keen if the chat-room was separate from the main site, i'm kind of attached to my profile here and I'd hate to have to create something new. It would e like giving up my Gamertag so my xbox could cure the common cold!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Winter View Post
    It would be cool if a chat room could be integrated into the forum but I'd be less keen if the chat-room was separate from the main site, i'm kind of attached to my profile here and I'd hate to have to create something new. It would e like giving up my Gamertag so my xbox could cure the common cold!
    We're working on it...

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Great. Thats awesome. Just like to say how great it is that your so involved in the community around the show. Most people in your position would hold most of the people on the forums at arms length.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The community chat room is now up and running! Scroll to the top of the page and click on "Chatbox Full" and join the conversation. KC and others are tweaking it still, but I'm in there right now with a couple other folks
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12