User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should the WA finale be available the night of the premiere for $5?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! $5 isn't unreasonable, since it will be available free later.

14 42.42%
  • Yes, $5 is fine, but maybe the day or a few AFTER the live event.

4 12.12%
  • No, what you have in place now is fine.

2 6.06%
  • No, I don't think you should do that. That's why there's a premiere.

7 21.21%
  • Yes and No. I like turtles.

6 18.18%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

The WA Finale, Download Early?

Should we have the Finale available early, say even the night of the finale, IF they pay? I've been approached by a few people who want to do that, but I'm curious what you think.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Nah, man. Fuck that. If we can't be there to hear it, then we don't get to hear it early. What kind of thanks is that to the people who made the trek all the way across country (convoy-ho) to stand there and say, "Oh yeah... it's also available for early download now for the low, low price of $5.99!" If you're going to do something like that, do an exclusive supplemental episode or chapter that everyone can download through bandcamp or something. Something available to everyone, but doesn't detract from the special thank you to the people who were able to come out and support the cast and crew in their final hurrah.

In the immortal words of Ming Chen (@mingchen37) "They can wait."
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Nah, man. Fuck that. If we can't be there to hear it, then we don't get to hear it early. What kind of thanks is that to the people who made the trek all the way across country (convoy-ho) to stand there and say, "Oh yeah... it's also available for early download now for the low, low price of $5.99!" If you're going to do something like that, do an exclusive supplemental episode or chapter that everyone can download through bandcamp or something. Something available to everyone, but doesn't detract from the special thank you to the people who were able to come out and support the cast and crew in their final hurrah.

In the immortal words of Ming Chen (@mingchen37) "They can wait."
    Would you feel the same if we offered it a week early then planned for $5? Right now the finale is set to stream on the 29th of July, so maybe the 22nd or 21st.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Would you feel the same if we offered it a week early then planned for $5? Right now the finale is set to stream on the 29th of July, so maybe the 22nd or 21st.

I would feel exactly the same way. I mean... it's like... here, you can listen to it a week early for $5 or just wait a week and listen for free... like you were going to do anyway. You'd be better off doing a bonus pod (Kelly and Victor's lost sex scene) for cash.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

First thought was: Yes, why not. But not in a way that the special life-event would be nullified. I see the bonus and benefit for you as the producer from allowing WA Fans to get it a little earlier than what would be the real schedule (ie 29th July life, 2nd August for sale, 5th August free download), which means: you could create a little cash from people willingly paying for something although they could get it for free.

Then I have read what Osiris is saying; and I have realized he spoke in line with my heart about it.

And I really like Osi's idea about providing a special WA episode available for a few bucks or quid or Dollars - like a collection of special scenes that did not make it into the final cut, or out-takes about hilarious or enjoyable moments from your production, or some secrets and insights from 5 years of WA awesomeness that have not been mentioned in interviews yet.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Hmm....Kinda stuck on this one. While i would love, and i mean, LOVE, to hear it close to/when the others listen to it, as i wouldn't want to wait a week, and be in the loop, it would be bit of a kick in the nuts for the people who made their way to the finale event. Despite being given the live reading, they are there for the final episode too, so...... Could possibly up the price of the "special VIP advance copy", to like $10-15? But still has the same problems......
    Last edited by Gooer; Apr 25th, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Put it this way... whatever profits we bring in at this point will help launch the next project... [insert mysterious tone here], which is the only reason we're considering it at this point.

While I think having bonus content would be nice, there's just no time before the finale. We might be able to do something on the store in a bundle... like get the episode and all the ringtones, and maybe a new ringtone pack?

EDIT: OR! Hey, there's a chance we might be able to do a music bundle for the stuff that we had custom scored...
    Last edited by Kc; Apr 25th, 2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: EDIT:
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Personally, id say the following Monday. Still mostly a week early for those who want to pay, but not really spoiling the live event dramatics or what have you...

one thing that has concerned me is people trying to keep quiet for a week(people at the live event) I know that's a minor thing...but for those tooooooo curious. Pay five bucks...get it Monday. Win win in my eyes
    Likes Osiris liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Put it this way... whatever profits we bring in at this point will help launch the next project... [insert mysterious tone here], which is the only reason we're considering it at this point.

While I think having bonus content would be nice, there's just no time before the finale. We might be able to do something on the store in a bundle... like get the episode and all the ringtones, and maybe a new ringtone pack?

EDIT: OR! Hey, there's a chance we might be able to do a music bundle for the stuff that we had custom scored...
    Offering up the OST would be a good one. Consider putting together a dvd or all the live reading events and release it next year for xmas? Or maybe a bonus pod in which the cast just sits around and shares their final thoughts.
    Likes Red Shirt, 7oddisdead liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Should we have the Finale available early, say even the night of the finale, IF they pay? I've been approached by a few people who want to do that, but I'm curious what you think.

No fucking way! I'm with Osiris on this one.

So we're going to spend over a grand getting all the way out to LA for the final event, only to have it made available online anyway for 5 bucks?!??

If you're more concerned about raising funds for your next project, we'd be more than happy to help with that. But don't fuck up the final event after you've already laid down the basic ground rules! I think everyone who hears it a week early will be cool and not spill the beans ahead of time... I can vouch for myself, at least.

Not sure what is motivating your inquiry, but I'm not psyched about it...
    Likes Elisa liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast