User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points

Notebook WAD_ Chapter 4 - Pre-Game - Part 1 of 2 - May 24th

I started this tread as I saw that KC has yet to begin one, I assume he is a very busy man and I feel we ALL want to discuss Burt as Gandalf... "You Shall Not Pass!"

Now I want to see what people believe should fill out the rest of the "Fellowship", I know most of you can agree that Riley is Legolas.

Gimili is Victor (since they bicker just like they do in the movie)

I leave to you to figure out the rest...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I am an old time fan, started listening around the time of "Over the airwaves".
    I must say, I am having a hard time with this one. The previous installment had something better going on: the journals for the original series, and the narrator for Lockdown and Goldrush. Here, without a narrating voice it ends up being very confusing, at least for me, especially in the action scenes: it becomes just a sequence of noises and screams, very difficult to follow. Even outside action scenes, I am often confused. For example, in this episode, when they go to the map on the wall, and then they come back to find their assignments: there are flashbacks of them walking with Alvin explaining about the different biomes, but when did that happen? We were with them on their way to the map and it was very short; did it happen on their way back? Why is Will speaking, then, at some point? He remained in the room with the map, he was not with them. Why is he there?

I don't know, I find it much more difficult to follow and therefore much more difficult to be in immersion/to buy into the story.
    Also a bit dismal that there is nobody here anymore! Is the discussion somewhere else, like on a Discord server or something?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I know what you mean about the confusion on the scenes, i've had to relisten to them to get the full effect. But it seems most podcasts are doing it this way as well so I am getting more used to it.

As to where everyone is... I can only assume that there is a fan created Discord as us old hands were here before the was a Discord.
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Super Moderator of the 12th Floor

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NorthGreen21 Steam ID: NorthGreen21
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I am an old time fan, started listening around the time of "Over the airwaves".
    I must say, I am having a hard time with this one. The previous installment had something better going on: the journals for the original series, and the narrator for Lockdown and Goldrush. Here, without a narrating voice it ends up being very confusing, at least for me, especially in the action scenes: it becomes just a sequence of noises and screams, very difficult to follow. Even outside action scenes, I am often confused. For example, in this episode, when they go to the map on the wall, and then they come back to find their assignments: there are flashbacks of them walking with Alvin explaining about the different biomes, but when did that happen? We were with them on their way to the map and it was very short; did it happen on their way back? Why is Will speaking, then, at some point? He remained in the room with the map, he was not with them. Why is he there?

I don't know, I find it much more difficult to follow and therefore much more difficult to be in immersion/to buy into the story.
    Also a bit dismal that there is nobody here anymore! Is the discussion somewhere else, like on a Discord server or something?
    I agree with you that the podcast is definitely harder to follow now. Also yes there is a Discord now! Check the website and open up the community tab and you'll find a link there.
    Bringin' back the good ol' days.