User Tag List

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    "Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I keep trying Halo 4, but the more I play it the more frustrating it is and I don't like it. The orange crap needs to go. It's not even fun or skill oriented. The orange weapons are entirely inaccurate and the enemies don't have headshots (except for those stupid dog things). They expect you to be able to kill those floating tires with VERY crappy weapons. It'd be one thing if you got to use your own human weapons, but that lasts like 5 seconds with all the skill-less shooting you have to do.

*Sigh.
    Nice to see I'm not the only one seriously under-whelmed by Halo 4.

The multiplayer mechanics have been changed for the worse.

The ability to see weapons as they spawn removes the fun of learning the maps.

Kill streaks are just a bad idea. DOESN'T work 343i.
    All your doing is making the game less well balanced by allowing the people who already posses power weapons to gain more.

The armour looks like bad, power-rangers inspired action figures from when I was a kid. Its lost the serious military vibe it had in reach.
    Oh and there are too many different power weapons which spawn to frequently.

In an attempt to establish that there's a new man in town 343i have changed things too fast and for the better. Apart from Dominion, that can stay.

Over all reach is the better game for sure.
    Ignoring the graphic

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Milk the franchise for all it's worth. And when it's not worth it anymore, make the same stuff with a new color scheme to try to lure in desperate gamers who loved the original stuff...

Oh, and you kids get off my lawn! :-)
    well, i think it's a combination of things, established IPs almost always have a garunteed audience to buy, so in that respect you're right, they're safe. however, look at games like bioshock infinite, i can honestly say that that game is getting ready to blow my mind like a bullet to the brainpan. .45 acp. if not for publishers giving devs on established IPs an almost blank check to build it and put it out, we wouldn't have games like that. plus, in order for a new IP to launch, especially from a dev that's not real big, it has to be absolutely outstanding.

and i will dance on your lawn. irish style.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only one seriously under-whelmed by Halo 4.

The multiplayer mechanics have been changed for the worse.

The ability to see weapons as they spawn removes the fun of learning the maps.

Kill streaks are just a bad idea. DOESN'T work 343i.
    All your doing is making the game less well balanced by allowing the people who already posses power weapons to gain more.

The armour looks like bad, power-rangers inspired action figures from when I was a kid. Its lost the serious military vibe it had in reach.
    Oh and there are too many different power weapons which spawn to frequently.

In an attempt to establish that there's a new man in town 343i have changed things too fast and for the better. Apart from Dominion, that can stay.

Over all reach is the better game for sure.
    Ignoring the graphic
    reach was a different time period. reach was at the beginning of the covenant war, while 4 is some time after. you have to expect a certain level of cosmetic change. for instance, i bet is soldiers from the 70's were magically teleported to today, they'd be like, "what is up with those uniforms? that doesn't look military at all." haven't played halo 4 so i can't speak to the rest of it, but that's where i come in on cosmetics.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    reach was a different time period. reach was at the beginning of the covenant war, while 4 is some time after. you have to expect a certain level of cosmetic change. for instance, i bet is soldiers from the 70's were magically teleported to today, they'd be like, "what is up with those uniforms? that doesn't look military at all." haven't played halo 4 so i can't speak to the rest of it, but that's where i come in on cosmetics.
    Thats not my point though. My point is that the aesthetic doesn't fit in with the rest of the universe.
    Nobody dictated to them that the new armour had to look like that.
    They just took the art direction for multiplayer armour in a frankly BAD direction (all of this is IMHO obviously).

The appearance of the new enemy types is frankly annoying as well.
    I dislike the hardlight orange aesthetic and the fact the "knights" make a ghost rider face at you is just cheesy.
    Halo has always felt like your fighting aliens with personality before. Now it feels like your fighting mindless robots.
    Not as fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    The appearance of the new enemy types is frankly annoying as well.
    I dislike the hardlight orange aesthetic and the fact the "knights" make a ghost rider face at you is just cheesy.
    Halo has always felt like your fighting aliens with personality before. Now it feels like your fighting mindless robots.
    Not as fun.
    I agree. I honestly don't care as much of how it looks as how it plays. I'm slowly exploring other things, but I HATE the glowy orange bullshit weapons and robots. I love it when the covenant is there, and want to turn the game off for the orange things. I'm so adamant about how bad it is I want to contact 343 and offer help.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Well, lately I've been playing through Borderlands 2 "True Vault Hunter Mode", I'm pretty early in this playthrough but I already see quite a few differences between this and the first time through the game. Enemies are obviously tougher, so you really have to use cover a lot more this time, you also really have to land critical hits on enemies to bring them down quickly...oh and slag is very important now.

I played through Journey a couple of weeks back, had an awesome time with that...played through it twice the first night...lol (though it only takes about 2-3 hours). Looking forward to picking up Unfinished Swan tomorrow (it's going on sale) and then I wanna do an Ironman playthrough of XCOM on "classic" difficulty.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Very good and very interesting. Good gameplay and good story.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Very good and very interesting. Good gameplay and good story.
    ermahgerd, i've been playing the crap out of xcom. that's my joint right there. bout to go home, not forgo packing, and play it some more.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerXL View Post
    Well, lately I've been playing through Borderlands 2 "True Vault Hunter Mode", I'm pretty early in this playthrough but I already see quite a few differences between this and the first time through the game. Enemies are obviously tougher, so you really have to use cover a lot more this time, you also really have to land critical hits on enemies to bring them down quickly...oh and slag is very important now.

I played through Journey a couple of weeks back, had an awesome time with that...played through it twice the first night...lol (though it only takes about 2-3 hours). Looking forward to picking up Unfinished Swan tomorrow (it's going on sale) and then I wanna do an Ironman playthrough of XCOM on "classic" difficulty.
    you're insane.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    you're insane.
    LMFAO!!! I'm what you'd call a glutton for punishment

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast