User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we have a fine group of survivors here. I'd have any one of you welcomed into my colony.

As I said in the Hell breaks loose thread, I'm not too bad at welding, I'm cool-headed and I think of multiple ways to attack a problem. The same as Cpt. if the outbreak waits a couple years I'll be able to ration and mix fuels, Chemical engineering. I may be young but I am very mature.

I'm not too terrible at tracking, its in my heritage and I've done it a few times. As with stealth, although I'm a little clumsy, I paintball in the woods so, I tend to sneak to gain advantage over the other team. I'm very good at following direction and anything you take the time to teach me I'll be able to perform at a very efficient level. If it comes to it, I will take control of the situation. I'm quite quick for my size but, stamina is a problem as I don't tend to pace myself.

I'm a great listener so, if you need some impromptu therapy, I'm your guy. One of the only downsides is that my mind is too active, it causes me to work on multiple things at the same time possibly leaving some things subpar or unfinished. It can also affect my sleep patterns forcing me to stay up late and ponder.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Lurker"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I probably wouldn't last very long if they were the fast zombies. I have some stamina, but I'm not a terribly fast runner. In real life, I've been a software developer, development lead and architect with 15+ years experience. I've led large teams and can manage, organize and lead. Hobbies include barbequing and cooking. I'm certain I can do better than Pegs. I also homebrew - granted, it's not essential, but it does help morale. Again, not terribly useful either, but I do enjoy photography, especially wildlife, which may help with recon. By way of secondary skills, I did help a friend study for their HAM radio operator's license. If I had to I probably could muddle my way around antenna construction and shortwave radio operation. I also accompanied a friend of mine on his sail boat several times and helped sail and could, if needed, work a mid-sized sailboat.

"Scavenger"

Status
    im going to school to become a Paramedic, so right now i know advanced first aid and saying this Gore and stuff like that dosnt really bug me anymore *ive seen some pretty funky stuff going into this field*
    handling a gun wouldnt be a problem also so if i was in a colony of people id say my purpose would be

1. Field medic
    2. Gaurd
    3. guy that moves all the heavy crap

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think I would do ok for a while and would be an asset to a survivor group. Career ER/trauma nurse, general class ham radio operator, and I compete with rifle & pistol as hobbies (I also reload my own ammunition and do my own amateur gunsmithing). Plus a ton of previous experience as a kid working on farms and at construction along with the boy scouts.

Actually, I would probably be among the first to go as I would likely be on duty at the ER during the initial outbreak and panic. Probably the worst place in the world to be at that time would be a hospital, eh? The recently turned going after the unarmed staff and all while thousands of people crowd the place for help that isn't really coming. That would make an excellent short story, now that I think about it.

Not that I really want to find out either way, but it's interesting to imagine
    Last edited by wooly; Jan 31st, 2011 at 01:44 AM.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Haha I'm going to be going to school for sociology so I'd be kind of useless unless the zombies start to form a society. Then I'd be able to write long papers about the injustices of said society and how their society might be better served if they, you know, stop eating people!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Well, I have a bunch of "Man vs Wild" DVDs... LOL.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Then I'd be able to write long papers about the injustices of said society and how their society might be better served if they, you know, stop eating people!
    That's totally a biased opinion from one of those people who'd be eaten.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Well, I have a bunch of "Man vs Wild" DVDs... LOL.
    This could actually be useful if we can power up DVD players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    That's totally a biased opinion from one of those people who'd be eaten.
    Fine then we can burn my papers for fuel.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Fine then we can burn my papers for fuel.
    And I'll play decoy/bait so that the plan can go down.

BREAK!

"Lurker"

Status
    well if they are like the zombies in were alive, the change would happen so quick that you wouldn't really get many more zombies in the hospital than anywhere else. If the change takes a long time (probably more likely), then you will indeed be in the wrong place. that would probably be an interesting story though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast