User Tag List

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    The conversation seems to have progressed, but my first priority would be to get out of my home. Not very Zombie proof. In that home though I have a nice collection of firearms, however, and I would arm my family (they would likely arm themselves as my son has his two rifles in his room and my wife keeps her own shot gun & .38), grab our bug out bags, and head to the desert (behind my house). Thinking lack of zombie food and clear fields of fire would be a good thing. From there, I would link with my dad a few miles away over the desert hills (who is a prepper) and see what he's got going on.

Having gone through hurricanes, floods and earth quakes. I'd like to believe for the most part people would come togethor. In the initial shock of traumatic events everyone would probably be pretty wide eyed not knowing what to do. In the first days it would be a task to just keep everyone alive that you can. Then you could work to seek tools & items and people with specific skills etc.

In the debate between an armed society or not, democracy vs. dictator - look to our ancestors; in most situations where there is little central government and frontier style living there is no question - you are either armed, starving, or dead. All citizens being armed is not a bad thing and would not pre-dispose a dictator. Human Nature & the need for immediate decisive decisions, I think, would decide this for us.
    Good stuff! One thing to note on major catastrophes like hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, there is often a "quiet aftermath" in which the immediate danger has passed and folks are trying to figure out what's left, what's gone, what to do. It's bad and can be made worse in situations like that after Katrina along the Gulf coast of the US.

Now, add to all that being hunted by a predatory force. Nothing brings a group together like having a common enemy and common goal. I feel like the majority of the folks that survived the first wave (in the US at least) would be folks that were less likely to have a dictatorial leader come from their midst.

And, as Blues_127 says, "All citizens being armed is not a bad thing a would not pre-dispose a dictator." Harder to "take over" an armed society....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I live in the "Deep South" so I feel I'm already in a great location for self defense when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs. Guns are still a way of life here...they act as an early morning alarm for me every Saturday morning when the back door hunters take cheap shots as passing deer. LOL!!! The south is full of farmers...professional and backyard experimenters. And there's always a pond or creek near by for a source of water. We don't have any massive compounds to keep people out but we no shortages on weapons and ammunition.

I already have a good supply of storable food and ammunition to wait out the initial attack but I don't plan on spending much time inside my house because I want to be actively hunting the zombies down and slaying them while other people start building strong walls around there communities to keep them out. I'm blessed to live right beside some National Guard guys so I would immediate throw-in with them and create a militarized zone. I've already walked my neighborhood several times looking for different sniper positions and bunker placements. For me...its not a matter of if something happens but when it happens.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've moved from Miami to San Antonio and I have to say that if the SHTF here..... I'm screwed. I35 is a nightmare M-F 0600 to at least late evening. You are NOT going anywhere if you plan to get out.

So what is my plan? Hell if I know! I'd just block off my street and die slowly. LOL.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Turtle in place, then move out after the collapse.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Huh, I was under the impression you had already died slowly. Or at least were dead to the forums.
    I guess I was wrong.
    So I also am moving home. I shall write a little updated plan for the amusement of my fellow forum members once i've got settled in.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    this is what i posted on another thread

If Z-Day happened, would I be ready? A question i have asked myself many, many times.

If the day comes, i hope the answer is yes. But its hard to be prepared for everything, when it all depends on HOW it starts. Luckily i live in a small town, and the closest big-ish town to me is Winston-Salem, NC...not very likely for a viral attack here, so i should have at least a day to prepare before it spreads to me. If it happens to be cause by a supernatural force, and takes place simultaneously across the country/world its a little different, and my initial survival would be left to chance as to how it all comes to be.

However, i do have plans for everywhere i go. Just in case i have a chance at survival, i want to be able to take it. For example, here are a few of my plans below.

Home Plan: First my weapons... rifles, handguns, shotguns, blades and bows. I have enough ammo(3,000-4,000 rds) for my higher powered weapons to fight with while securing my stronghold. I also have an additional 10,000+/- rds for .22lr and around 150 arrows. The good thing about a .22lr, is it will pierce skull bone out to 200+ yards and is highly accurate out to 150+ yards without a lot of bullet drop. So for zombies, once you have a location secured, its the perfect defense weapon because you can carry so much more ammo and pick them off from a distance, and its fairly quiet. I dont like it for fighting though. The .22lr round is not the most reliable in semi-auto, so i would rather use something larger with more reliability. The bow would be great for food runs, or anytime you need to take out 1 or 2 without noise. Blades, i'm not a fan of unless its a last resort. Too much blood, chance of cutting ones self with blade, and they get stuck in bone REALLY easy. It also helps that i'm a gunsmith, and can reload ammo and repair our firearms as needed.

For my place to live, i'm lucky enough to own 18ac with 3 houses.. Mostly woods around us, lots of big oaks and poplars. Soon as able, trees will be cut and over lapped to form a temporary blockade around the main property, until supplies can be found to build a fence. Enough room to house up to 15 people, raise livestock, plant gardens, and there are two wells and two springs on the property that could be dammed up to provide water for the gardens, livestock and stocking with fish. Also have 3 10,000w generators, and a decent backstock of fuel and access to a in ground fuel storage should i acquire a fuel truck.

Food and water, i don't really keep a big stock of.. I maybe have enough canned goods and MRE's to last 5 people for a couple weeks. Very little water stocked, but lots of wells and springs around here, and plenty of water filtration. I have hunted all my life, and fished, plus my neighbor has 11 cows, and i have goats and chickens. We have a 2ac garden we plant every year, and i know how to cure meat and can stuff.

Medical, i have covered for the most part. I have a good supply of basic pain/cold meds, first aid meds, a few military issue field surgery/trauma kits and my wife is an herbalist. We also have 5 pharmacies in our little town.

I think that is a good summery of my home plan.

Work Plan: If at work when it goes down, since i work in a gun department, i have plenty of firepower. The hard part will be getting to my house... assuming i cannot and have to stay.. Its not a bad location. I work in a sporting goods store, so we have alot of useful things in the gun/hunting/camping departments. We also have several restaurants, home improvement stores and a mall near by, so lots of places for supply runs. once secured, we have 3 hotels within a half mile that would be PERFECT to house many survivors, and an army reserve vehicle lot near by packed with humvee's, jeeps, armored fuel haulers and transport trucks . My overall plan is similar to WA's tower...
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Forest things first... I would cheer, then figure out a plan with my brother and sister. Probably kill off a few peeps and gather up who I want. Find a good place and such, and begin to start my plans.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I would get my weapons, Tools put them in my SUV, throw all the food in my trailer and go to the mountains. I live in california and where I live there is mountains all around and big rivers, lakes and tons of agriculture so I can come down from the mountains into the city when I want or stay in the outskirts were all the agriculture is at. I would head to where it is secluded enough from people that I dont know, and just bring family & friends. I could hunt up there and build a shelter of some sort. Also there is tons of cabins up here. another thing is I would bring my mp3 becasue of course I have to listen to my We're Alive well I am up there chillin!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered

PSN ID: BlueLightMoths Steam ID: burgerbros
    I would head to a apartment building in downtown Lawrence, Kansas. Since its downtown I would have food for a couple of weeks. After that I would head to Fort Leavenworth. Hopefully the Army would have stayed and held the base.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I live outside of town so I probly wouldn't even know about an outbreak until I saw the news or the lack of news(no one left to report)but that's a good thing right? I have 130 acres that is fence in but its used for livestock so idk how that will hold up against zombies id have to leave sooner or later and I prefer sooner theres a few firearms in the house as well and plenty of melee weapons but not enough to last any real amount of time id have to head into town and I'd prefer to deal with the chaos then have to pick threw what everyone left behind and to hopefully find some friends and family who aren't zombified another reason time is key once I get the people I need first stop are the pawn shops they are always full of guns of different kinds and idk if they're supposed to sell ammo but I've see some they keep in the back after that id hit the fast food places they would likely be abandoned(minmun wage ain't that good lol) and if i went to all of them the bottled there would be enough to last me and the handful of others for a maaaaaybe a week then head to the national guard depot and get all the mre's they got now we are all supplied up id head to the court house it only has one main entrance that could be heavily fortified the only other doors are thick metal with automatic locks you need a key card or have to be buzzed in its also connected to the jail/police station threw numerous locked metal doors so if needed we could try to clear if needed and loot there's pletly of heavy duty law enforcement vehicles out front and in the connected garage for our use there to after all that its time to head to the water and light company its all in one here so if we can keep that place running all we have to worry about is people trying to eat us lol

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast