User Tag List

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    "Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Amisiel View Post
    I think being inside a RV with burt would drive me batty! Gotta love the man but not for me.

Im heading north, I want to be a penguin. Hehe.. Possibly a Ami-sicle
    How the hell will you fight of zombies with an umbrella? xD

"Lurker"

Status
    Well, you need a permit in Japan to buy a "real" Japanese sword, and from what I hear they aren't easy to come buy. Of course I could always buy one from Bugei, but I'm pretty sure it would never make it through customs (and those things aren't cheap anyway). I'm positive those things would cut though

And it's not that I don't have the option of moving to the midwest, just that Tokyo is home, and has been for a long time now. Although I am moving back to Boston next year (say what you want about zombies, but megaquakes are really and truly scary).

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Now earthquakes on the other hand are a much more reasonable excuse for moving.

"Lurker"

Status
    Cliff house in Newquay.jpgCliff House in Newquay 2.jpg
    This is where I'm going to hole up. It's a house on a cliff in Newquay. The only way to the cliff is by that bridge. It has it's own generator and water purifying supply from the sea (apparently). A droppable rope ladder or two with boats tied to the rocks set up for quick getaways or a sneaky way off, and voila - instant protection. Plus there's plenty of shops/warehouses in Newquay for raiding, but it's not so big that there would be millions of zeds to put up with.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Nice, you'll be plenty safe out there, any thoughts about food.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Nice, you'll be plenty safe out there, any thoughts about food.
    For a start, I'm a decent sea fisherman. Second, there are quite a few shops and a food distribution warehouse in Newquay, so food wouldn't be a prob for a bit. I live a little way (about 20 miles) from Newquay, but on the way there is an Air Force base, so I'd hope that if the base had people/arms in it, I'd be fine, if not, it's on to the cliff house. Mind you, it's a well known place, so maybe lots of others would have the same idea...

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Doom Bar View Post
    For a start, I'm a decent sea fisherman. Second, there are quite a few shops and a food distribution warehouse in Newquay, so food wouldn't be a prob for a bit. I live a little way (about 20 miles) from Newquay, but on the way there is an Air Force base, so I'd hope that if the base had people/arms in it, I'd be fine, if not, it's on to the cliff house. Mind you, it's a well known place, so maybe lots of others would have the same idea...
    Fishing is good but outside of that? Long term a wide diet is necessary. Other people having the same idea could also be a disadvantage.
    Brilliant find though, very defensible.

"Lurker"

Status
    Long term? I don't think I'd worry about long term for a while. I think day to day is what I'd be concentrating on. If the zeds start dying out, then farming and finding others would become a priority. But yeah, that place would be perfect to hold out long enough to survive the initial attacks, if I could get there.
    Think I'd have to fortify my house (as it's pretty remote anyway) and prepare to move out as soon as possible.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: Amisiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    How the hell will you fight of zombies with an umbrella? xD
    Hey even with a umbrella I think I could make it atleast a few days im crafty like that
    The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. Although I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it, either. So what I am left with is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite remember.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    I suppose. Tbh, long term I don't think many of us will survive. For example I have remoteness and a plentiful food supply on my id but very little offensive capability and I lack the skills necessary to turn all those animals into gourmet meals.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast