User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I told Kc yesterday. I said that it "feels like a We're Alive parody, acted out by the characters in We're Alive". The tone is certainly different than original WA or especially Lockdown... jury is still out as to whether it's gonna 'work'.
    Yeah, I agree that there is quite a bit of fan service and I totally get what you're saying but, for me, the key is to approach Goldrush as a stand alone piece of work. It's like a window into the We're Alive Universe when the survivors are able to let their guard down for a bit and try to enjoy life a little, or the soldiers' unhindered need for clowning around as a counterweight to the stress that they're under. They can't live under constant stress without relief for long, else they will lose it like the characters on The Walking Dead where they devote a whole episode to a character losing touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    It's a kind of Magic. I love it.. It is a world of its own.. Love the Bar Scenes and the horse is cracking me up.. Carl is a trip when he is tripping. Keep it coming KC.. it is awesome..
    I look at it as an extended version of the 4th of July Party scene. Once Datu's party is over I'll bet that the fan service might taper off a bit.
    Likes Gooer, Kc, Merlin1274, Litmaster liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    You're talking about those synth stabs around the 25 minute mark? I think I get what Kc was going for there. My take on it was it's a few disparate notes from the WA theme injected into the scene as a non-diegetic representation of the soldier's growing sense of excitement at the prospects of finding the gold... their 'Gold Rush', as it were.
    Say what?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Superpants View Post
    ... i havnt been much of a fan at all of the last two chapters its like some random person wrote a fandom version of a party with everyone, it just doesnt have the were alive feeling
    Hopefully the fan service will taper off a bit after the party is over and the story will stand on its own merit. I look at it as a longer version of the 4th of July party.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Say what?
    You want that in English?

To simplify: I think that was Kc's way of showing the soldier's excitement through music. Boom.
    Likes Kc, Merlin1274, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Yeah, he's right, and in many ways Witchdoctor is too. The interesting part will be at the end, what people think of these episodes. I anticipated reactions from fans about the tone shift, and really do enjoy people's honest feedback. It's how I gauge also where the audience is in their emotional arc. The experience and expectations of the audience is part of it, both good and bad.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    The way I feel about the last two episodes, and the tone that it delivers, is that despite the bad times (and basic apocolypse) that they're living in, they are still able to settle down and have a laugh on occasion, it feels more like real life. The colony is in a position that they can let some people try to lead a normal life. Granted, this is being said from someone who knows the backstory and what happened/is about to happen later in the main story. There might be a fair bit of fan servicing, but being a fan from since season 3 aired it's been like a nostalgic hit to me, and it's great hearing the voices of the original series actors again.

Again admittedly this comes from the perspective of a long time fan, but so far I've really enjoyed it this series, and look forward to seeing what happens.
    Likes Litmaster, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Was Michael playing cj in a game of beer pong when he was skipping around the tape?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Bert and Riley are so cool while still rouge in episode 4. Favorite scene so far.

"Scavenger"

Status
    The shaving ad with the 6th gen zombie was cool.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Thezombiereseacher View Post
    Was Michael playing cj in a game of beer pong when he was skipping around the tape?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12