Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
That's pretty much exactly what I told Kc yesterday. I said that it "feels like a We're Alive parody, acted out by the characters in We're Alive". The tone is certainly different than original WA or especially Lockdown... jury is still out as to whether it's gonna 'work'.
Yeah, I agree that there is quite a bit of fan service and I totally get what you're saying but, for me, the key is to approach Goldrush as a stand alone piece of work. It's like a window into the We're Alive Universe when the survivors are able to let their guard down for a bit and try to enjoy life a little, or the soldiers' unhindered need for clowning around as a counterweight to the stress that they're under. They can't live under constant stress without relief for long, else they will lose it like the characters on The Walking Dead where they devote a whole episode to a character losing touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
It's a kind of Magic. I love it.. It is a world of its own.. Love the Bar Scenes and the horse is cracking me up.. Carl is a trip when he is tripping. Keep it coming KC.. it is awesome..
I look at it as an extended version of the 4th of July Party scene. Once Datu's party is over I'll bet that the fan service might taper off a bit.