User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator of the 12th Floor

Status

We're Dead - A We're Alive Fan Fiction

The story follows 4 men, trapped in an apartment building looking for survivors in wreckage of LA.
    Likes KitchenRaptor liked this post

Status
    Chapter 1 - Horrors and Nightmares

None of us slept. None of us ate. None of us drank. All we did was sit on the top floor of this apartment building and look onto the street below. We had nothing better to do. In a world like this no one does anything. Everyone was now all like those things. The blood stains, the tattered clothes, the faded eyes.

LA was falling apart. From our view, we saw fires and blood and wrecked cars scattered about. We were in an apartment building on E Katella Ave. It was a nice three-story with very modern designs. My friend Bill Barron picked it out for us.

So every since we've been on the top floor. Right now I'm on the balcony, watching a group of them in the distance. You can always recognize them. There are too many signs. And thanks to them, it's just me, Bill, Dave Fargo, and Luke Patterson. We've been searching for other survivors ever since the outbreak. Ah, yes.

The outbreak was 3 days ago, on May 8, 2009. A bunch of those things came from everywhere up north. They attacked us and turned us like zombies. Hmm. I think I'll keep calling them zombies. It's more streamlined.

"Hey, Sam! Get us some water, will ya?"

That's the voice of my friend Luke. We used to play a lot of poker in our younger years, and back then Dave wasn't much of a friend at all. Bill has been my best friend for 17 years.

"Hold on, Luke. I'll get you something in a second."

I walked over to the tap. Miraculously, the water was still running. I filled a small glass of that beautiful, clear water and handed it to my friend. He was in a mess of blankets and almost passed out. True, it was very early in the morning. My watch said 4:36 AM at the time. I guess I should have been sleeping. But, it was my rotation for guard duty. In a few hours Dave will get the shift. Lucky him.

I found something yesterday in one of the apartments. It's a small notebook, and every since then I've been keeping a log of the events. So, I'll see you in a few hours!
    Likes KitchenRaptor liked this post

Status
    Chapter 2 - Knock Knock, But Do You Want To Ask Who's There

Welcome to this hellish nightmare. I'm sure you are familiar with it, as I explained last log. It's been a few days more. I fell so fast asleep I never wrote a log at my expected time, but I had just pulled a 6 hour night shift.

Today is May 13, 2009. Nothing changed about LA or Anahiem, it's still the same old shithole. We had some zombies pass near the building yesterday; everyone had to remain well inside until they passed. Only one group so far. I keep wondering if we'll get attacked. Probably. In our current situation, I won't put anything past--

"SAM! SAM!" yelled Bill up the stairs.
    "What is it at this time?" I tried to say clearly, even though I was very groggy from sleep deprevation.
    "A group of biters are coming this way!"

Biters? That's a horrible name! But instead of thinking of what new and improved? name my little crew will give the zombies, I hurried downstairs. The things had reached the door and were pounding on it.

"What do we do?"

I thought for a moment. The door was sealed well, with a deadbolt and a stack of wood 2x4s all nailed on. But the pressure began to splinter the wood. The only thought that raced in my head was "We're fucked."

Of course!

I ran upstairs and into the same apartment I found my little journal in and ransacked the boxes, drawers, and cupboards. I had found something that might work.

My next move was to the balcony on the top floor. I pulled out my craft; a homemade molotov. One well placed throw and the zombies cleared out.

The small fire quickly burnt out, and the sound turned to pure silence. It was creepy and satisfying at the same time. There was nothing moving in sight, except a small bush. The leaves swayed in the wind as the day cast a nice glow onto everything shiny. The air was warm.

"Sam?" rudely interrupted Bill.
    "C a n ' t y o u s e e I w a n t p e a c e ?"

He stared back, then walked away. I had just enough strength left in me to collapse onto the bed and fall asleep.

Status
    Chapter 3 - Who The Hell Is That

Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. I've been pulling more horribly late shifts. These days I barely keep my eyes open, I think I'm nocturnal. It's been a week since last log. No zombies showed up since, I think we're in the clear.

A week of long, 6 hour night shifts on guard duty. It does something to your mind. I think I'm starting to go nocturnal.

I'm going to write down the time schedule for us 4 on guard duty. I'm on from 1:00 AM to 7:00 AM. Dave is next, 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. I believe Bill is up, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Last is Luke, 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

Guard duty. It is a horrible and long and boring and really really really really not exciting and boring job. Did I say boring twice? No make that 3 times. It's so dull to just sit and stare off a balcony for so long.

But now I actually see something. Guard duty is exciting when you see something. There's one figure, moving like a normal human, not like them. Unfortunately, in the dark I can't see who it might be. We don't have NVGS or we'd use them.

Hmm. I want to attract the attention of this figure, but it's a bit of a gamble. I've heard them call others. They did it when they were pounding on our door.

Against my better judgement, I yelled "Hey!"

The figure made no motion. Perhaps it was too far to hear me. I didn't try again, worried that going any louder might bring zombies here. So I just waited. The figure crossed a patch of grass and headed into a building a few streets over.

I wanted to know who that was. I had an idea; maybe it would work. I woke the others and informed them of what happened. Then Bill spoke up.

"Let's make a rescue op."

Status
    Please comment on what you think happens next! There will be more stories in the future; but now, who do you think was that? A zombie? A survivor? Comment your possibilities down below!

"Lurker"

Status
    Man this is good you should write this down on a DOC or something hell i might just start writing my own!

Status
    Well, for one, it gets better. The only spoiler I'll give is that we see some old characters come back in this series.

Status
    Im thinking of adding a little section in the Wiki. But sure. When you say DOC, do you mean Google Docs? Or a document?

Status
    Okay, those three episodes are the pilot episodes. I'm gonna email KC and see if he likes my ideas.

"Lurker"

Status
    Yeah I am going to post my own here soon I almost have it the first two paragraphs done so I am going to post it here later this afternoon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast