User Tag List

Thread: Old Man Intro

"Lurker"

Status

Old Man Intro

My name is Wilf and I am indeed an old man. I'm 71 and have been into sci-fi (not fantasy) of all types since I was 14 and read a book by Andre Norton. I was hooked. That's only one of many types of books I love. I'm not sure there are many books I won't read. Reading is like communing with god, you go to a whole different place. As far as audio books, I love them almost as much as the written word. The spoken words by another person tends to give you inflections which you may not have come from your own mind only but have been somewhat crafted by the inflections of the reader. That is not necessarily bad just different. My written library consists of about 1200 books both hardcover and soft. I have to share them with my wife so I have not read every one. I don't own a book that I have not read at least twice. If it's good two readings are warranted in my (not so) humble opinion.

I am also into woodworking and wood carving, both of which I taught myself to do. There was no one around to show/tell me how to do something so I usually worked it out for myself. This was well before the internet. Carving however I did pick up on the net. And i'm not sure I would have been interested if it were not for the net and all it's offerings. I still have my first carving which I thought at the time was great. It suffers terribly in comparison to my last carving and I hope I will continue to improve always.

This is a very short explanation ov who and where I am. Hopefully there is much more to tell but not in an intro.

Glad to be here
    Wilf

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I would think after 71 years you would probably have a hell of a lot more to tell. Welcome.
    Likes DemetriusH liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Welcome aboard..

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

It is wonderful to have you join us. I look forward to what you have to say about the show.