User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wayland Productions

Status

Gamertag: mushroooooooms PSN ID: mush-rooms

In Memory of Nikvoodoo

I'm deeply saddened to inform the We're Alive community of the passing of a legend, our own Nikvoodoo. Nick passed away yesterday due to cancer, and leaves behind a loving family and legions of friends both here in this community and beyond.

We are already planning ways in which we can memorialize Nick, but for now we're sharing the first excerpt from Tanya's journal in his honor, with a foreword from Kc in dedication, which you can read on our blog. Nick was a master at coming up with theories and diving deep into the details of each episode, and I just know he'd be so excited to read through some of this new information. All of us here at We're Alive are devastated in knowing that we'll never get to enjoy his thoughtful discussion and careful theorizing for our upcoming projects. He will be sorely missed as a cornerstone of our community.

EDIT: As Kc linked below, a fundraiser has been set up on behalf of Nick's family if anyone would like to contribute: https://www.youcaring.com/annalydiawilltochelli-973171

With that said, I thought it would be nice to share our memories and stories of him, be it from We're Not Dead, The Voodoo Lounge, or just through other forum interactions. Here's my little contribution:

You all may not remember me, but I have lurked here for years. I've had the pleasure of being a guest on We're Not Dead way back in the day, and also the honor of helping out with two of the season finale events, including the series finale live event in 2014. I'm also married to StepLaugh, another forum dinosaur who you may remember as one of the original admins. Nowadays, I'm still lurkin', but also helping Kc out with social media behind-the-scenes. What I will remember most about Nick is just how passionate and active he was within this community and as a fan. I remember back during the "who's the traitor?!" era, there wasn't a thread on here that didn't have the mark of his involvement. He cared so much about the story and world of We're Alive, but he also deeply cared about this place. I was always impressed at his dedication to making this forum the best it could be, and admired how stalwart he was in his opinions. Nick had a keen "ear" for detail within the story, and we have him to thank for many of the ongoing theories throughout the series' run. As a "theory-lover" and lurker, having Nick and The Voodoo Lounge around to discuss theories was much appreciated and definitely improved my experience here. It will be difficult to dive into future We're Alive stories without him. But, with him as inspiration, I hope that I can definitively shed my lurker-shell and engage as a more active community manager with the advent of future We're Alive stories. I do love a good theory, and hope I can make him proud.

So, finally, thank you Nikvoodoo. Thank you for making the We're Alive community what it is today. We couldn't have done it without you, and will never forget you. Rest easy, friend.

-Sarah
    Last edited by mush_rooms; Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added link

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    this sucks man

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    damn, this is some sad news.

I remember Nikvoodoo corralling us all together on various theories and his hosting of the Voodoo lounge. He definitely had a presence of force on the forums, and that was such a good thing.

And Sarah, I remember you and StepLaugh from past forum posts, Halo game nights, and even y'all's podcast. Congratulations on the marriage.

-Will
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Damn, I am shocked to hear this news. In a lot of ways, Nick WAS the We're Alive forum. I can't believe he's gone so soon.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    It was really hard to get through today, I just kept reminding myself that Nikvoodoo was a theater guy and he would have said "The show must go on." I will dearly miss my friend. I wanted so badly for you to tell me your thoughts of Goldrush, and now I'll never know. I found a way today to keep Nik part of We're Alive forever. He meant so much to me...

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    It was really hard to get through today, I just kept reminding myself that Nikvoodoo was a theater guy and he would have said "The show must go on." I will dearly miss my friend. I wanted so badly for you to tell me your thoughts of Goldrush, and now I'll never know. I found a way today to keep Nik part of We're Alive forever. He meant so much to me...
    Is there something we could do for the Niks family? maybe set up a fund or something.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

I didn't get to converse much with Nik, but the body of the forum was nurtured by him. As fellow survivors we can all do our part to Keep the Story Alive. I also agree with Werewolf, if there is something I can do to help Nik's family I would be happy to contribute.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Nik, you helped build a community out of fandom with your wit, insight and tireless promoting of We're Alive. I chose the forum name of WitchDoctor because I was influenced by the voodoo-related zombie theme that you created with your name and the Voodoo Lounge. You will be dearly missed by the fans of We're Alive and We're Not Dead.

Rest in Peace Friend.

Fan of a Super Fan, Witch Doctor.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Is there something we could do for the Niks family? maybe set up a fund or something.
    Yes:

https://www.youcaring.com/annalydiawilltochelli-973171

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Rest in Peace Nik, you will be forever missed!
    CJ's Head of Security

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast