User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

We're Alive may be looking for some...

Writers! Not for another audio drama, I still have my focus on those and the medium, but I am looking for writers to expand upon the universe in more book form. I'm writing this here on the forum first and sort of a pre-announcement before the rest of social media and all the details get worked out. The way I'm looking at it, and this might change as we work out the details, is that I would work closely with a writer developing stories that don't necessarily make great audio dramas, but could help fill in more details of the series.

The writer would essentially work hand and hand with myself but what's written essentially is owned by the company. The reason for that is because otherwise it would split the IP (intellectual property), and could limit future series. You know how all those certain characters can't be in other franchises? Yeah, that stuff. But, the system that I want to work out is that the writer would essentially get a deal on the backend which would give them a % of the profits. In the long run, as long as the book sells, they get a percentage. In all, I think everyone wins.

I'm going to be opening it up as open submission thing. I've worked with a variety of writers in the past and find it's difficult to find someone that can capture the essence of one of the characters. It's exceedingly difficult to find someone who can write Burt, and sound like him. I need to find writers who understand who everyone is, and in some instances be able to help write their backstories and future stories. Burt is only an example, but I'd open it up to any character that someone wants to write about. The parameters would be something like 5 pages max, can be a scene or scenes and uses characters I already created.

Also, I need to address this in terms of the content, I'm not interested in taking ideas, or trying to change something drastically in the existing canon. Simple example, in your submission don't try to change the rules of infection or origins. I don't want to see alterations to the zombies either other than what was introduced in the story. The reason I say that was there was a thread I read some time ago about a flying version. Unless one is a pilot... they won't fly

The core of the submission needs to be a good scene or scenes that work together. I look at We're Alive like a balance of exposition, action, adventure, mystery, fun, and reality (heartbreaking at it may be). Don't try to cram an entire book into 5 pages either, I want it to be almost it's own short chapter. Has to have at least one character, and they gotta do something.

And of course, any submissions would have to release any idea rights, in case it coincides with something we already have planned in place. I left a lot of seeds for side-stories, and we have clever fans, I have no doubt some of their ideas are going to be similar to what I might already have planned. But, this way we won't get sued later.

Like I said, it's a working idea. What are your thoughts?
    Likes Osiris, ebang720, MrRedBeard liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registeredPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Holy crap man! That is an announcement!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked

I think that this is an excellent idea, and can not wait to see what comes of it. Very exciting!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

I LOVE IT! Thank you for the opportunity! I can't wait to see who ultimately gets chosen to help carry your vision forward.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later100 Experience Points
    Great and where can the 5 pages be submitted to? Thanks

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:

sounds great

Ok sounds great. Bottom line is be creative, use a character from We're Alive, create a scene and don't embellish. Max 5 5 pages. So where can we send the submission?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'm just saying...
    Likes turbo liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I do have part of angels private journal that I wrote a bit ago.
    Likes Osiris liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Can you let me know where to send my final submission?
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I was recently informed that all information will be made available as soon as the legalities are ironed out. Tricky things, those pesky IPs..
    Likes turbo liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast