User Tag List

Thread: Hey KC!!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Hey KC!!!

Don't you think your loyal fans - could get some info about We're Alive: Goldrush?? I mean, even a poster would be fantastic by now. I'm stalking these pages just to get a little nugget of info, and there's nothing. Please, don't let us wait another 1-2 years for the next show/poster.
    Likes Merlin1274, Osiris liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Nannie View Post
    Don't you think your loyal fans - could get some info about We're Alive: Goldrush?? I mean, even a poster would be fantastic by now. I'm stalking these pages just to get a little nugget of info, and there's nothing. Please, don't let us wait another 1-2 years for the next show/poster.
    Um, ..... Please.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Nannie View Post
    Sure! I'm about 5/6th there on the outline, still working out a few details that I need to work on before I head off to the writing stage. Part of the reason I'm going slow to outline is because of some of the ambitious nature to the style that it is. I'm trying something a little new with this next miniseries. There needs to be a continual growth in the medium and the opportunities that present themselves for potential experimentation. This next one embraces a very different perspective from the world of We're Alive.

That being said, it still is going to take some time. A few reasons why, the company is sorta relaunching itself since I've come into it full time. There's a lot of transitional stuff like the store and such. Also, we're still working on finishing up the kickstarter rewards for Lockdown which have proven themselves to be very complicated... At every turn of manufacturing there has been a complication. Another reason I'm slow to get this one out, is because I'm working on another series presently. It'll be launching soon, and it's pretty amazing. It's not We're Alive, it's a whole different writer and story that I'm producing. I can't say much, just that I'm excited to talk about it soon enough.

Lastly, the other thing that's gonna hold it up a little bit, but ultimately will help secure a future for the medium, is that I'm working on a book on how to create audio dramas. Specifically in the style that is the modern audio theater (Theater for the mind). The reason the book is important is because I'm having to teach and train a lot of people to understand the perspectives of this craft, and it's a huge amount of work to re-explain everything so that I can focus on more stories, rather than a large portion of producing. In the end, I'd much rather write and direct full time than worry about the schedule or post production workflows. So, by creating that manual, I can focus more intently on future stories and productions.

Oh, and my son is 7 months old, and that eats up all the rest of my time

I'm a bit swamped, but I'm wading through it all. It's nice to see people come forward and help me and my company move in a direction to let us do this more full time. The process is a bit risky, and complicated, but ultimately could be very rewarding. The strategy of creating a successful business plays like a strategic game of chess. On one side you have the white pieces, representing hopes and dreams. The black side, represents failure in the many different potential pieces like debt, unpopularity, disinterest, legal entanglements, etc... You play your side the best you can. Sometimes you win some battles, sometimes you lose others. The fight is against failure, and I'm slowly trying to win the game in the every way possible. Strategy just takes time.
    Likes Merlin1274, Nannie, Osiris, MrRedBeard liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registeredPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Woo Kc! Thanks for the update. I for one totally understand. Having a little one and being involved in a startup can be a head rush.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Thank you for your reply KC. I can't wait for all that you have up your sleeve for us! Congratz on your little boy! Have a good day

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Keep up the great work. Your fans will be here. I'm excited to read to book that you are writing. Even though I will not be able to attend the class, I wish to learn more from the master.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Lastly, the other thing that's gonna hold it up a little bit, but ultimately will help secure a future for the medium, is that I'm working on a book on how to create audio dramas. Specifically in the style that is the modern audio theater (Theater for the mind).
    I was just wondering about your book and when it might be published? Or if it was going to be an online publish and will be able to be read as an ebook. I was trying to find any information on it and only the WA series came up. Can we be expecting any info on this anytime soon?

Thanks!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibiki View Post
    I was just wondering about your book and when it might be published? Or if it was going to be an online publish and will be able to be read as an ebook. I was trying to find any information on it and only the WA series came up. Can we be expecting any info on this anytime soon?

Thanks!
    Just finished it! It's going through the last editor pass now. It'll be an e-book starting out, and I'm looking to release next month.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Just finished it! It's going through the last editor pass now. It'll be an e-book starting out, and I'm looking to release next month.
    I want to buy, I want to buy, I want to buy!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

AWESOME! Can't wait to get it! Thank you!