User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registered

Gamertag: MickGinger

[Spoilers All LD] WA Fancast Topic: Post what people should listen for on 2nd listens

Hey all, I'm trying to capture as many of the plants Kc left behind for us in the earlier episodes. If you can think of anything people should be listening for that you might not have known was significant the first time through post it her. We'll share it on the fancast with credit to you.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

Jeremy made sure to be on lunch detail on the trip upstate with Simeon and the other inmates.
    Likes MickGinger, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Dani ruined Jeremy's attempt to be alone with Simeon when she insisted on seeing who's name was chosen from the pool of names. Jeremy was going to say that it was Simeon.
    Likes MickGinger liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

I found it noteworthy that Chuck, Mark, Gavin, and Dani mention dying not to long before they bite the big one, meet their maker, push up daisies, etc. Some even in a funny way. Not that their deaths were funny, quite the contrary.
    Last edited by Kat E; Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

All Good stuff, what about the other stuff they didn't call attention to in Part 6? There was something that made me think "Hey I need to go relisten to this part" but I lost it. Maybe it was...

--The rumor about Fredo being a hitman, which was actually Jeremy
    --Part 3 - Gavin's remark about "Hey listen be careful, it's just the two of you there.... The friendlier ones are the ones to watch..."

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Considering that KC hides LOTS of crumbs in his stories, I cannot help but to think that he was speaking to the audience via Chuck. In chapter 1 (ever notice that these chapters don't have names like in WAASOS?)... in chapter 1, while they're waiting for the van to pick them up, Chuck is obsessed with gathering information. He then tells Simeon to 'pay attention to EVERYTHING!', no matter how small the detail. That's what we do in the forum and that's what makes these stories so entertaining.
    This question reminds me of the Chekhov's Rifle discussion from the WA forum.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    WAASOS?)...
    We're Alive: A Song of Survival

That's good stuff DW! I can't remember who it was but I felt many times that someone was speaking AS the audience as well.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

One part that is worth re-listening to is the "Breakfast Club" moment the inmates are having in Chapter 4 after they decide to wait for the power to shut off. Everyone talks about what got them placed behind bars, goaded on by Jeremy who refuses to participate. He doesn't object to Jodi telling the others what his file says. He even says that he is eager to hear what is in it too. This piece doesn't point to anything concrete in the story, but it does support Jeremy's claim that he is in the jail to kill Simeon.

My personal thoughts are that Jeremy infiltrated the jail and assumed a false identity or someone's else identity. He's says that he doesn't trust the others, but I believe the real reason he doesn't talk about his crime is that he doesn't really know why is 'cover' is in jail.

Also, listen to the beginning when Simeon narrates about entering T-Block. A guard can be heard bringing Jeremy's transfer papers. Again, nothing concrete, other than to single out Jeremy as an inmate in transit. Keep in mind that he was in T-Block for a couple of hours before Jeremy, but KC felt it important to mention him as someone with a special status (as a trustee) mixed in with the inmates who're going up-state.

All of this points to 'Jeremy's' revelation that he somehow arranged to be on the bus accompanying Simeon, in order to kill him. His false ID is suggested by him questioning Simeon, asking, "Who's Jeremy?"
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    My personal thoughts are that Jeremy infiltrated the jail and assumed a false identity or someone's else identity. He's says that he doesn't trust the others, but I believe the real reason he doesn't talk about his crime is that he doesn't really know why is 'cover' is in jail.
    I thought the same!! My theory was he was a FBI / CIA plant of some kind but I thought he probably didn't know for sure why he was in.....of course his follow up story is about Simeon...

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MickGinger View Post
    I thought the same!! My theory was he was a FBI / CIA plant of some kind but I thought he probably didn't know for sure why he was in.....of course his follow up story is about Simeon...
    Ahhhh!! I remember hearing you mention that.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast