User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Family

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

The Family

Does anyone really believe that Scratch is really dead? And if she is, then why didn't Jeremy try killing Burt? Or Pegs? Or even Hope? Or did that detail never get around to Jeremy? If she was saved by Jeremy, what has she been waiting for?
    If it does get around to Jeremy, will he bring the wrath of the family down on them? By the sounds of the last episode is Story of Survival, that may be one of the groups the colony is having problems with.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by KPCoyote View Post
    Does anyone really believe that Scratch is really dead? And if she is, then why didn't Jeremy try killing Burt? Or Pegs? Or even Hope? Or did that detail never get around to Jeremy? If she was saved by Jeremy, what has she been waiting for?
    If it does get around to Jeremy, will he bring the wrath of the family down on them? By the sounds of the last episode is Story of Survival, that may be one of the groups the colony is having problems with.
    Two things... Did Burt "kill" Scratch? Or was that just "time"?

Also, a vendetta doesn't always apply to everyone. There are 3 different families, and they don't always get along.
    Likes KPCoyote, Merlin1274, cappuccino136, Storm liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post

Also, a vendetta doesn't always apply to everyone. There are 3 different families, and they don't always get along.
    As a mystic teacher once said, " ...from a certain point of view."
    Did Burt "kill" Scratch. By leaving her the way he did that could be considered a long way to kill someone. If she never got out, which I love how you dance around that one, then yeah time ultimately would have killed her.

I don't know enough about these three families to make any intelligent points. What worries me is that there are still enough of them alive and in the background. After all this what would be their ultimate goal anyway?
    Likes cappuccino136, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Gee, do I feel out of the loop...

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Very good question.

Wow, this actually brings up an interesting quandary. If this were the case, then this could lead to an uncontrollable web of revenge killings. It would really make for great story telling but maybe the execution of it could get messy and tangled. The mafia and other crime syndicates implemented codes of conducts among themselves to prevent endless fighting interfering with their operations.

Could it be that revenge killings are only sanctioned by members of different Families but not required? That is, if someone from the Illuminati Family is killed then the Bush Family and the Kennedy Family are not required to carry out the revenge killing but only required to support the Illuminati's right to vengeance?

Maybe this is why Durai was willing to look the other way with Pegs, because Latch wasn't part of his Family, but Angel Tenudo Sr. was. (Then again, maybe Durai was more interested in creating a new world. People seem to get like that during the Apocalypse.)
    Likes KPCoyote, Merlin1274, Kc, cappuccino136 liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

As a mystic teacher once said, " ...from a certain point of view."
    Did Burt "kill" Scratch. By leaving her the way he did that could be considered a long way to kill someone. If she never got out, which I love how you dance around that one, then yeah time ultimately would have killed her.
    Asked another way, did he take her life or did he prevent her being able to continue living? Is there a difference?

Questions like this is why I majored in Philosophy.
    Likes KPCoyote, Lilydragon, MickGinger, Kc liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Asked another way, did he take her life or did he prevent her being able to continue living? Is there a difference?

Questions like this is why I majored in Philosophy.
    He definitely took away her ability to continue living above ground. He effective gave her a death sentence. And by doing so he took her life.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Lilydragon View Post
    Gee, do I feel out of the loop...
    Never too late to join in. Do you have any questions?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later250 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I can see the Families becoming a new leadership and rebuilding the post-apocalyptic world the way that they want it. Would they actually declare themselves and formally make a new government? Or, would they infiltrate different colonies and consolidate power behind the scenes in different regions.

I agree that perhaps Scratch's death would not spark a vendetta war even if Jeremy knew who was responsible. She was not in good standing even in her own family. And she had killed Durai.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino136 View Post
    I can see the Families becoming a new leadership and rebuilding the post-apocalyptic world the way that they want it. Would they actually declare themselves and formally make a new government? Or, would they infiltrate different colonies and consolidate power behind the scenes in different regions.

I agree that perhaps Scratch's death would not spark a vendetta war even if Jeremy knew who was responsible. She was not in good standing even in her own family. And she had killed Durai.
    Good points. Since Bogart and Jodi are on such good terms with Jeremy, what does that mean for them in Family terms? Would they be granted a rank or some other boon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast