User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    A few thoughts on the drunk in padded cell. I'm thinking he was a slow turner, and potentially there a few people in the prison were slower turners.
    We do know there was a fight in the drunk tank and people were injured. And that the drunk tank was overflowing.

It seems highly unlikely that they would mistake zombies for merely drunk and move them to other areas. And we know that he was somewhat responsive earlier in the episode.

This gives us a few things to think about:
    - This is early in the story, so could the earliest turners be slow turners
    - Interesting that our guys was in the padded cell, seems like the place you would thrown the one who started the fight.
    - I wonder where the person who entered the prison got exposed

Long grasp theories from this
    - Alcohol slows turning which is why they were so spread around the place
    - As this is very early could we be looking at some of the first turners from ground zero, ie exposure to the fog turners are slow and appear drunk as it turns them. We know from WA that simple exposure to the fog doesn't turn you straight away. So maybe some critical level needs to be reached and even then it takes time.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points
    Loving Lockdown so far. The characters are great and the story is solid. I like that each episode leaves you on the hook. I'd love to know if Kc and/or Grayson enjoy the longer prodcution style of WA or the longer episodes but shorter series style of Lockdown more. Hey Kc or Grayson if you are out there

So beyond Lockdown I've listened to a handful of other audio dramas and I really haven't found any with the production value of WA so thank you WA team!

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Eps 3 out for KSer, Lockdown!
    Likes MGM Ray liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdmassey987 View Post
    Loving Lockdown so far. The characters are great and the story is solid. I like that each episode leaves you on the hook. I'd love to know if Kc and/or Grayson enjoy the longer prodcution style of WA or the longer episodes but shorter series style of Lockdown more. Hey Kc or Grayson if you are out there

So beyond Lockdown I've listened to a handful of other audio dramas and I really haven't found any with the production value of WA so thank you WA team!
    It's harder, for sure. Lots of work to do all that at once. The longer format does make things complicated. It takes longer to do drafts and even to proof takes over an hour. We're on overdrive lately.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I'm interested in the slow turning of the drunk too.

Loving the story and production. Thanks to the kick starters and wayland productions. You guys rock.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    It's harder, for sure. Lots of work to do all that at once. The longer format does make things complicated. It takes longer to do drafts and even to proof takes over an hour. We're on overdrive lately.
    I can imagine you are in overdrive. It's awesome though that you guys manage to produce such amazing content with such consistency. It is interesting to hear, I guess that I knew it would be harder because it is a longer episode, but I wonder do you like having more time per episode or did you enjoy having the shorter length in order to develop characters?.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    OH!!!!
    The Blue thingy means that the thread contains posts that you haven't read yet.
    Attachment 3251
    What there are blue lights!!###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Lurker"

Status
    My thought on the drunks: they aren't drunk at all. Nothing was ever really talked about with the first who turned from Ground Zero. There wasn't anything from those who lived in that area so the gas that hit them could have effected them slowly and made them seem drunk. They inhaled enough of the gas to get them started to turn and some turned faster than others, perhaps still at GZ, and those were the first who started biting others.

The guy in the holding cell was taken away from the gas so he turned slower...but still turned.
    Likes cappuccino136, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Ooh, the blue lights! Nobody knows what they are... Most avoid looking at the blue lights these days, baaad experiences in the past, very bad. Those lights bring no good. Ignore them. Ignore their tempting illusion of safety from what might lurk in the shadows...What lurks within that blue light is much, much worse...
    *Cough* I mean...Yeah, what blue light are you talking about? *Scrolls up to read replies*
    I thought the blue light was to indicate when a registered user was active on the website at the time you see the said blue light.

... and i see the mystery is solved (late reader).
    Last edited by Hellbringer; May 5th, 2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I was a kickstarter backer and I was hoping to save up the episodes for my flight and jump on the forums afterwards. But things don't always go according to plan.

I loved this episode, and I hit the point somewhere in the middle of this one that got me thinking the series has to end... again. such a sad thought, but I love hearing from this universe. Someone else mentioned it earlier, but like them, I really haven't found anything audio drama that does what We're Alive does for me. Sure, I got Freakonomics and 99% Invisible, but those don't swallow me up into a world of suspense and danger around the corner.

And no, I still don't care for Nightvale, though I can appreciate what it does for others.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Storm liked this post
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast