User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Incredible! KC you've outdone yourself! If it's even possible, it seems like the audio quality is even higher than WA. Everything so crisp!

My one gripe... this website is running extremely slow for me, especially on the first page load and when logging in.

So, to jump right into it:

1. This Simon... he claims he's also known as Simian but when we are hearing the prison talk isn't it explicitly stated that Simian is some other dude with a reputation?
    Last edited by wh33t; Apr 19th, 2016 at 08:49 PM.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    I don't want to be screwing things up for someone who hasn't heard the show yet. I'll check with Kc or Grayson before getting into specifics...BRAVO, TEAM WAYLAND!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    You guys can actually organize it however you see fit. Mods, want to clean up the organization, explain things a bit? I'm cool with letting you guys run the forum scene again. Let Turbo or I know if you have issues getting in. We have added security measures after the malware over the years.
    Ok, maybe I should take a good example here and slow down a bit ... Maybe it will be much more fun discussing things when everyone's got the opportunity to listen to the show ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I played the Drunk... McKibben (Arrowhead) isn't around, but I do play him as the behemoth.
    I was too lazy to look up his actual name...If my memory serves me well though, that was the guy ending up as Arrowhead though, hence why I called him that ^^

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I spent many hours walking the dog and listening to We're Alive - it was so great to download new content and stroll around the neighborhood listening to it again.

And I really enjoyed the first episode. I thought the first 15 minutes were a little chaotic and tough to follow - starting with an action scene was maybe a little jarring. I was trying to remember if I was supposed to know about whatever mission Puck and Burt and the gang were on. But once things settled in at the jail I was hooked. There's really a potential for a different kind of suspense in this one, in that we know more than the characters do. We know why things are delayed and tense at the jail, we know exactly who the mystery inmate is, I think we even know why the traffic was so bad, and we know what is about to happen at that jail loading area - and we know that these characters are going to find out really, really soon. The only disappointment for me is that we're already 1/6 of the way through it.
    Last edited by molson; Apr 20th, 2016 at 09:16 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Oh gosh I forgot this feel. We return to the moment when we need to wait til the next eps. I need a IV stat!!!!!!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, LiamKerrington liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_T3ch View Post
    You guys had carbonite and cryochambers??? I've been infecting (i mean spreading) people with the We're Alive love.

On to the episode, HOLY CR@P does it feel good listening to new We're Alive. Timeline wise, about 5 years have gone by. A couple of lines give you the ability to figure it out (i had time to listen twice).
    I don't like the cold, so I time traveled instead. Took a wrong turn in Albuquerque, ended up in a Perpendicular Universe... Now THAT'S a good Biter. About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Oh gosh I forgot this feel. We return to the moment when we need to wait til the next eps. I need a IV stat!!!!!!
    YEP!!! It took me a while to finish the first episode. After listening to it twice, I was ready or the next one. Then it hit me... the wait begins. AGAIN!
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Apr 20th, 2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I don't like the cold, so I time traveled instead. Took a wrong turn in Albuquerque, ended up in a Perpendicular Universe... Now THAT'S a good Biter. About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009.

YEP!!! It took me a while to finish the first episode. After listening to it twice, I was ready or the next one. Then it hit me... the wait begins. AGAIN!
    You know...Before this release I was thinking that it would take place around the time that Burt and Puck go there and discover the book with Ink's mark...But I just listened to that part of 48 Again, and that happened one or two years after Nick was born...I didn't think they went back to the jail before that though, but CJ says that they tried, and that there'd been an electrical fire, so the tapes couldn't be retrieved as Simon suggests...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009. This places the current event about four months from the "The Ink Runs Dry" Nicholas is conceived on July 4th, 2009, born in March 2010. Ink runs dry sometime shortly after that.

During this time: Puck heals from his wounds, the Colonists track down some Mallers (with pretty good intell too. They have a list and know Weasel by sight.)

My first round of questions:
    When did Simon escape and how long was he alone before his capture by the Mallers? When the Fort Irwin Soldiers investigate the twin Towers jail they discover Behemoths roaming around inside. It seems likely that Simon escaped before too long. I can't imagine them being in there with the Big Ones very long, safely. We can guess that he was captured AFTER the team took the Colony from the Mallers because of unfamiliarity with the Colony. (So he says.)
    When did the electrical fire, that CJ said destroyed the surveillance system in the jail take place? The power was out when the Fort Irwin soldiers went there, and it was a year or two later when the Colonists went back to retrieve their bodies. So it is more likely that it happened before the power grid went down.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Deja Vu

Simon's "rescue" reminds me so much of Pippen's and Kalani's. He's mistrusted and under the suspicion of being a plant. He pleads while he struggles to prove that he's not. He is introduced to community's rules. Could it be that third time's a charm, or should CJ be prudent to not trust him? On one hand, his story is how we learn about what happened at Twin Towers Jail, this the more pragmatic option. On the other hand, is he hiding something? Puck isn't present for CJ's interview and he was the only one up to this point to venture into the jail.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    You know...Before this release I was thinking that it would take place around the time that Burt and Puck go there and discover the book with Ink's mark...But I just listened to that part of 48 Again, and that happened one or two years after Nick was born...I didn't think they went back to the jail before that though, but CJ says that they tried, and that there'd been an electrical fire, so the tapes couldn't be retrieved as Simon suggests...
    You posted this just I was writing the same thing. It's great that we can still sift through the old episodes and find that they are still relevant to the new story.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast