User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Durai

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Onslaught,

I think that he fits the type perfectly. Alpha male, calm, reasonable to a point, smart, control freak, well built and not the one you want to piss off. Sociopath and possibly a serial killer in the vein of the Zodiac Killer. Scratch and her brother made up the story about the tanker and sacrificed a maller BECAUSE they feared his wrath. He reminds me of characters from OZ and The Wire.
    Ruler by might and fright!
    Hence his show of force at the tower.

"Scavenger"

Status
    What with the voice and the alpha-maleness, and his habit of using force to get his way, Durai feels very Darth Vader. Anybody else feeling the Darth Vaderness coming off him? I remember Latch and Scratch arguing about what they'd tell Durai... I bet they were remembering something like when Vader long-distance choked that Admiral in The Empire Strikes Back...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    All of this makes me think that Durai never was in prison with the rest of them. I mean his character and the aspects about him it just doesn't fit in with prison. I think he broke them all out just so long as they respected him and knelt before him. You're right he does have an alpha male sort of vibe about him and I think when the survivors meet him again it will be a bigger battle, that or a meeting of the heads.
    Naw. I got the feeling he was locked up there too. 6-2 15:40. Scratch-i worked to free every single person. Latch-and he rewarards you greatly for that. (Not a very accurate quote, but that's why the time stamp is there.)

Thoughts?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    Naw. I got the feeling he was locked up there too. 6-2 15:40. Scratch-i worked to free every single person. Latch-and he rewarards you greatly for that. (Not a very accurate quote, but that's why the time stamp is there.)

Thoughts?
    Agreed. He was definitely locked up. I feel like the Mallers wouldn't latch onto an unknown as a leader. Think of Cyrus in Con Air. Durai is actually very similar to Cyrus. Very smart, very skilled.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Agreed. He was definitely locked up. I feel like the Mallers wouldn't latch onto an unknown as a leader. Think of Cyrus in Con Air. Durai is actually very similar to Cyrus. Very smart, very skilled.
    Actually I went back to listen to it again (thanks for the time stamp Hollo) and its actually more of a possibility that he was in there. I never thought of the leader thing. Your right the mallers wouldn't trust an unknown person to be their leader especially since their criminals and criminals tend to have few friends and thats it. He had to have been in their for a long time to make such a large connection with all of them and he had to be very powerful outside of the prison and inside of the prison.

Anything to add on?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Actually I went back to listen to it again (thanks for the time stamp Hollo) and its actually more of a possibility that he was in there. I never thought of the leader thing. Your right the mallers wouldn't trust an unknown person to be their leader especially since their criminals and criminals tend to have few friends and thats it. He had to have been in their for a long time to make such a large connection with all of them and he had to be very powerful outside of the prison and inside of the prison.

Anything to add on?
    Sure. Durai was in the prison when everything happened. Confirmed.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Sure. Durai was in the prison when everything happened. Confirmed.
    I'm confused about something then! Because it seems like if he was in while everything happened... then how did Scratch orchestrate Latch's jail break? From what I understood he was inside when it all went down and the prisoners were all left to rot. She made it seem like that was her doing but I didn't believe it and thought, instead, that Durai had made it happen.

Though I guess if I can imagine Durai as some at least gang leader then it's possible that he had people on the outside who would come and get him when the authority cleared out... Maybe Scratch was one of them?

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Latch took the rap for Scratch's crime. She, therefore, was on the outside and went back to release Latch and the crew after the outbreak had started, obviously after the guards had left them for dead.

Durai was just one of the prisoners that were released due to Scratch's efforts.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    What with the voice and the alpha-maleness, and his habit of using force to get his way, Durai feels very Darth Vader. Anybody else feeling the Darth Vaderness coming off him? I remember Latch and Scratch arguing about what they'd tell Durai... I bet they were remembering something like when Vader long-distance choked that Admiral in The Empire Strikes Back...
    Speaking of that. They contemplated how much trouble they'd be in. But, they must have told him the truth eventually. Here's why. How would Durai have any frame of reference as to why they knew who Burt was, as well as being an excellent shot, unless he was told about the incident and how he took out that mirror on the tanker. What could the punishment have been? They still seemed on good terms w/ the way he called her "my dear" at the negotiations before the war. Eh?

And another thing. if they did tell the truth, and it was all good that it happened and the punishment wasn't severe (or existent) for loosing the tanker, well, eff them for needlessly killin off charlie. did he deserve that? that was some cold hard pooh scratch was slangin at him to cover their tracks. You know, he coulda just been made an "example of" for a medium level controlled substance charge or something. he did seem like kinda a wuss. especially over the radio. oh.... oh... the injustice he suffered.

Hey KC, what was Charlie in for? Comon, there's no way it could have anything to do w/ anything in the story any more.

[i apologize for the off topic-ness]
    Last edited by Hollomandious; Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: cause i can. WHAT? you wanna start something! bring it!!!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

KC. Got a question. What is the name of the actor who plays Durai? I don't see it on the wiki.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast