User Tag List

Thread: Kalani......

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Tower Kalani......

I know @turbo is aware of my distaste for Kalani..... just never liked him from the get-go for multiple reasons.....but as I re-listened to the series a bazillion times....I came to the realization that......honestly - he should have really left the tower and went back to the Mallers AS SOON AS the Mallers attacked the Tower the first time - where he was involved in the plan.......when Saul was shot....because really - he should have thought that as far as the Mallers were concerned - they really had no more use for Hannah - his daughter.....because they could have thought that Kalani was killed in that raid....and they weren't going to be able to live there anyway since he was practically destroyed......Kalani thought that they sent Pippin to look for him, but really he was sent to see if Pegs was there.....granted Kalani helped Team Michael's effort at the end, but the choices he made throughout his whole presence in the series caused so much devastation. See, Burt was smart - when Saul asks him if he told the Mallers anything while they had him prisoner.....Burt responds, "If I did, I wouldn't be here.....".....I get it that it was his kid they were holding, but Kalani would have been smarter to come clean to Michael and the group - pleading for help in getting Hannah back.....he would have had better luck dealing with a group of good guys.....did he really think Scratch would let him and his daughter live happily ever after once he secured them a new place to live?? He should have pretended he was going along with them....then turned the tables on the Mallers.....because rule #1 is: NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS..... there's a reason for that.
    Likes turbo liked this post

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    You make a really good point. Why didn't he go back?

Trying to think of the episode when Michael was reading his journal. He had mentioned something about at that point in time when the tower became tolerable.
    Likes Annamarie08 liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I feel that I have to state one important change concerning how I now see Kalani. Back at the time, I hated Kalani, too. Go figure, no big surprise, it was relatively easy to disagree with or even hate him. However, shortly after WA ended, my daughter was born. In the course of this, I was no longer able to uphold my severe judgment on him as I could better understand his motivations.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Kalani for president.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie08 View Post
    I know @turbo is aware of my distaste for Kalani..... just never liked him from the get-go for multiple reasons.....but as I re-listened to the series a bazillion times....I came to the realization that......honestly - he should have really left the tower and went back to the Mallers AS SOON AS the Mallers attacked the Tower the first time - where he was involved in the plan.......when Saul was shot....because really - he should have thought that as far as the Mallers were concerned - they really had no more use for Hannah - his daughter.....because they could have thought that Kalani was killed in that raid....and they weren't going to be able to live there anyway since he was practically destroyed......Kalani thought that they sent Pippin to look for him, but really he was sent to see if Pegs was there.....granted Kalani helped Team Michael's effort at the end, but the choices he made throughout his whole presence in the series caused so much devastation. See, Burt was smart - when Saul asks him if he told the Mallers anything while they had him prisoner.....Burt responds, "If I did, I wouldn't be here.....".....I get it that it was his kid they were holding, but Kalani would have been smarter to come clean to Michael and the group - pleading for help in getting Hannah back.....he would have had better luck dealing with a group of good guys.....did he really think Scratch would let him and his daughter live happily ever after once he secured them a new place to live?? He should have pretended he was going along with them....then turned the tables on the Mallers.....because rule #1 is: NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS..... there's a reason for that.
    territorial io