User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points28 Days Later

Pin Was 'The Arena' Ink's idea?

Okay so I was wondering if 'The Arena' and the horrific games the zombies played with their food were Ink's idea or someone else's.

Because, the work that we know was carried out by Ink served a purpose. It was methodical and clinical - savage and horrific, but there was a reason behind it all. Whereas the going on of 'The Arena' feels more like blood lust and carnage, torture for sport and unnecessary. It doesn't fit Ink's usual methods/motives in my opinion.

So it got me thinking, did Ink set it up to keep the behemoths satisfied and under his control while he worked? Or, because he mustn't be the only Zombie with advanced intelligence, was it set up by someone else, with much crueler intentions and then Ink used it as a cover? Or was it the Behemoths themselves and it just kind of all fell in place? Or maybe it was Ink's idea entirely and he enjoyed it - he was in jail for a reason after all. The story, from what I recall doesn't show any other instances of Zombies getting pleasure out of suffering, it's more a matter of survival.

Think that in itself would be an interesting story to tell - How 'The Arena' came to be.

What other Zombies were intelligent enough to rally others and how did they use that influence. Reminds me of 'Warm Bodies' in a way - the book tho, I've not seen all the movie.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I haven't been able to find it.
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Good theory! I do believe though that Samantha stated she saw Ink there while it was going on.

And towards the end, remember where Datu passed away at? I believe all the tunnels lead to where they ended up towards the end of the story. Which was around the area of the arena.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Good theory! I do believe though that Samantha stated she saw Ink there while it was going on.

And towards the end, remember where Datu passed away at? I believe all the tunnels lead to where they ended up towards the end of the story. Which was around the area of the arena.
    Hang on... Datu died?
    Likes turbo liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint