User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and Society that some of us would actually prefer it " - Some Zombie Nerd

if a zombie could talk, do you often wonder what it would say? i mean if it had some form of intelligence as we've seen even here in the WA podcast, they have to have some means of intelligence.
    i've read books where the zombies weren't all about eating people's brains.
    anyway, just something to speculate.

God bless

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherTimothyClark View Post
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and Society that some of us would actually prefer it " - Some Zombie Nerd

if a zombie could talk, do you often wonder what it would say? i mean if it had some form of intelligence as we've seen even here in the WA podcast, they have to have some means of intelligence.
    i've read books where the zombies weren't all about eating people's brains.
    anyway, just something to speculate.

God bless
    Agreed, @BrotherTimothyClark. I think what it comes down to with people feeling they'd prefer this sort of zombie environment is the fact that it eliminates most materialistic things....so survival doesn't boil down to job, money, house, etc.....in an apocalypse - survival boils down to adaptability, decisiveness and situational awareness. A multi-billion dollar business man will not have any more of a chance surviving over say, a gas station attendant, if he does not possess these type of skills. I always laugh when parents brag about their kids high grades and at how genius they are. Meanwhile, my 10 year old daughter struggles academically, but she'll find her way out of a 200-acre forest on her own due to her survival instincts and skills. Lol.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Tremendous news!

From Kickstarter/KC

Hello kickstarter backers,

I have some big news to share with all of you. First and foremost let me thank you for your patience during our unplanned delays in our production schedule. We're working with our editors to get this project perfect!

Secondly, I have some exciting news about the release date of Lockdown and future projects from Wayland Productions. There are several components to this announcement and some of the details are still being worked out, so bear with me.

Audio dramas have grown tremendously over the last few years. The recent success of our kickstarter campaign, combined with the popularity of our show have proven Wayland Productions to be a pioneer in the revitalization and re-invention for the "theater of the mind". It was for these reasons that I was referred by a good friend of the show, Fred Greenhalgh, to several agents at Paradigm Talent Agency. They were interested in finding a producer who knew about the craft of recording an audio drama, our production workflow, marketing, demographics; ultimately they were searching for someone who could help take the reigns of a proposed series in the works. It took a little time, but after several meetings, I am proud to say that I'm attached to the project and am now represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.

More details will come about what that project is named and who else is involved, but several well-known actors are already attached as characters. I'm not writing this one, but I can tell you it's somewhat of a historical fiction. The series is set to release later this year, that will follow the premiere of We're Alive: Lockdown on their streaming platform.

The company that is licensing Lockdown, is also interested in continually making more audio drama content, possibility produce more audio drama content from Wayland Productions (#TMM) This is amazing news for us as a company, and moves us toward our goal of being able to produce our stories full time. It does, however, change a few details in how we are planning to release Lockdown. Fear not, Kickstarter backers will still get Lockdown first! That was something that we have been unwavering about. It was you who made this project possible, and you who should get to reap the rewards first!

Our current release schedule has Lockdown coming out on a regular basis, starting in April. The mini-series will be broken up into 6-7 smaller episodes (40-60 min), released on a schedule. We intend to make sure the kickstarter backers will get the episodes early, by at least a week, without any commercials. If you ordered the physical CDs, you will get the digital downloads as they come out, and at the completion of the series, the full disc sets will be sent out.

We decided against releasing it all at once for a few reasons. This allows you, the fans, to interact more regularly, and engage in theories and discussions about the story. Also, the licenser was concerned if we released the entire series to the kickstarter backers first, there's more of a chance that episodes could leak. [As it is, all advanced release Kickstarter backer episodes will be specially encoded for each user.]

For those of you who might not be pleased with this announcement, let me assure you that this only helps us create more content in the future for you to enjoy. Not only will working with Paradigm and this new financier increase our exposure, it also has the possibility of opening new doors for the series. By finally having representation, we open ourselves up to have much larger conversations about future expansions of We're Alive

Thank you for your support and understanding.

-Kc Wayland
    So stoked for you KC!
    Last edited by wh33t; Feb 1st, 2016 at 01:49 PM.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I have listened to we're alive 10 times all the way through. I love it. However, lockdown has taken so long to come out I'm starting to lose interest. In the preview the old characters were awesome but the new characters were terrible actors almost like over acting the parts. Just release lockdown already... The editing in we're alive was great, why are you spending so much time and money with this editing. .. you should have spent that money on actors. .. no offense. . The prisoners that were holding this guy were played so bad it was disappointing. .. I loved we're alive so much and have been waiting like 2 years for lockdown so I'm still waiting. . Plus you have my $50 donation. ..lol

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by jubbajam View Post
    I have listened to we're alive 10 times all the way through. I love it. However, lockdown has taken so long to come out I'm starting to lose interest. In the preview the old characters were awesome but the new characters were terrible actors almost like over acting the parts. Just release lockdown already... The editing in we're alive was great, why are you spending so much time and money with this editing. .. you should have spent that money on actors. .. no offense. . The prisoners that were holding this guy were played so bad it was disappointing. .. I loved we're alive so much and have been waiting like 2 years for lockdown so I'm still waiting. . Plus you have my $50 donation. ..lol
    I like to compare 'LOCKDOWN' to when a new game comes out for the XBox or Playstation.....Like, I'm anticipating playing the new FALLOUT.....I run to the midnight-release at Gamestop.....to run home - calling in sick ahead of time knowing I'll be up all day playing it - to put the game in my console....to find out I have to download those damn fucking 'release day patches' that can take HOURS to download.....which means they rushed to ship by a fixed date, knowing it was broken......when it comes to art - take the time - and release it when it's ready....when it's perfect.....because with audio-dramas.....it's all about the editing....it can make or break it....even if the story is well written.....poor or under-editing will be noticed first.
    @jubbajam - take up a new hobby....go fishing.....fly a kite....build a tree house.....listen to some 'CBS MYSTERY THEATER' until the release....there's 1,399 episodes.....that'll keep you busy!!......you'll get through it.....
    Likes turbo liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    holy crap is this a sequel?!?!
    Likes Annamarie08 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestarred View Post
    Cool, thanks! I will take a look.
    Where can i find the lockdown preview

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter7528 View Post
    Where can i find the lockdown preview
    On the first page of this thread
    http://www.werealive.com/forum/showt...orum-EXCLUSIVE

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points
    OMG amazing! can't wait to hear the final cut. Going to be great.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by jubbajam View Post
    Hi JubbaJam
    Few things I wanted to let you know, in response to your inquiry. Most of the characters you meet in the preview are not main characters, just supporting. The meat of the story, and the cast, you have yet to experience. To eat their own whether one doesn't like the performances or not, but this scene is also not the final version.

Why is it taking so long?
    The editing in We're Alive "A story of Survival", while it may have appeared to many as great, it was not a sustainable production model that we could continue into another project. Every episode of We're Alive I was editing took place the week before it aired, nightly Monday to Thursday till very late, and after my 8 to 5 job. It was a labor of love, but took an incredible amount of my own personal time to see across the finish line every week. It didn't allow me to spend as much time as I'd like writing as I had to fit it all into a production schedule, or even have much of a social or family life outside the production. My ultimate goal has never been to be an editor, but a writer, editing was just something I'm fast and good at.

Still, why is it taking forever to make? Few reasons. First is, we never planned for it to take this long. We brought our first editor on during the recording session, had this person all on board, and then they bailed on the project right at launch. It was incredibly disheartening, but we moved on and found another editor about a month later. The idea was to have someone else focus on editing Lockdown, so that I could then put my attention on writing more stories. I also knew that I would have far less time to devote to the editing in post production as my wife got more and more pregnant. I set on the new editor's contract the deadlines that I wanted to have everything done by, and that was Jan 1st. Unfortunately, the 2nd editor was not able to keep up with that schedule, and ended up costing us even more time in post production. The amount and quality of work done, I was not expecting to fall so short. I had to let that editor go as there was no way the project would be done by April at the rate they were going.

Time became even more problematic as my son was born on the first of Jan, and that first month was completely taken over by everything that comes along with having a newborn child and being a first time father.

As of right now, our new plan is in action, and has been going very well. We're editing solid every day from morning till night; Grayson has now taken over as primary editor, and myself focusing in on voice cuts. Voice cuts in particular are much more difficult this go around as we recorded more dialogue choices, and also I'm spending a lot more time focusing on pacing and the overall flow of the scenes. Certain dialogue segments that weren't perfect, are being marked for pickups to be re-recorded, another thing time didn't allow us to do during the main series.

At the same time, while post production is going on for Lockdown, I'm prepping for my next audio drama after this one(due out this fall), working on establishing a working business model so we aren't doing this part time any more, and I'm also developing content, outlines and characters for my next major series #tmm. Kickstarter is great and we do appreciate the support, but I don't want to do a campaign for every new production coming online, or continue to try and manage doing this still from a part-time position.It may seem like it should be easy to make Lockdow with the amount of money we raised via kickstarter, but it's really not. The money is spent on actors (which are union), union dues, studio time, music composition, production assistants, lodging and transportation, insurance, editors, artwork creation and licensing, reward manufacturing.... etc. And I don't get paid at all from any Kickstarter funds.

Yes, there's delays, and I knew there might be, which is why I never set forth a deadline of when it would be done on kickstarter, only when we hope it to be completed by. If plan A would have worked, we might not be having this conversation right now, but that's how productions go sometimes. Instead of pushing for "fast" and injecting a bunch of money like big studios can do, we're pushing the release date back so that we can focus on the quality. Our new release date of April just happened to work out perfectly with a new opportunity for distribution as that's just about how soon we can get it done. Even then, when episode 1 comes out, we'll still be working on later parts. Hopefully we can stay ahead.

So there's the long skinny of it, and probably more than you were expecting. One thing I'm trying to be is very transparent about what we're doing and what's going on to keep people patient. I know two years may seem like a long time from the announcement of "Tales" after the finale, but really there's not a day that goes by that I'm not working my ass off on this stuff, I promise.

Hang in there and I hope you like Lockdown when it's done. I think it's going to be great, but like any other medium that adds onto an existing series, not everyone is gonna be happy. Most of you will like it, though.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast