User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Chapter 46 Remastering Thread

Chapter 46 Remastering Thread

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello,

and next one to shoot:
    09:23 - 09:52 - CJ's part on the radio-communication with Michael seems to be kind of "loud", could be a little (really not much) less.
    12:22 - 12:29 - CJ's part starts just about right, but gets kind of loud to the end of it; the first part of this at 12:24 might be just about the right level for the complete communication, and the one at 9 minutes something (entry before this one)
    21:23 - 21:30 - this weird sound in the background, is that the whimper of Lady, the dog? Or is this some weird "noise" which is not meant to be there?

I hope that helps!
    Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    1. At 7:10 - 7:15, when Saul and Pegs are talking, someone gets up and starts walking away (assumedly Saul). Then Saul says "Goodnight Pegs". The volume at this point for both Saul and Pegs is the same as it was for when they were talking earlier, shouldn't someone's volume be a little lower here?

2. At about 10:23, when Michael and Victor are talking, Michael says "How's he doing?". This seemed to be weirdly louder than the rest of the conversation, both before and after saying it.

3. I heard a weird bump at about 1:03:50, when Riley is crying into Burt, but on repeat listens I couldn't hear anything so may have been my house settling. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

That's all I heard.
    Really glad to have helped.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hello,

and next one to shoot:
    09:23 - 09:52 - CJ's part on the radio-communication with Michael seems to be kind of "loud", could be a little (really not much) less.
    12:22 - 12:29 - CJ's part starts just about right, but gets kind of loud to the end of it; the first part of this at 12:24 might be just about the right level for the complete communication, and the one at 9 minutes something (entry before this one)
    21:23 - 21:30 - this weird sound in the background, is that the whimper of Lady, the dog? Or is this some weird "noise" which is not meant to be there?

I hope that helps!
    Best wishes!
    Liam
    #1. Reduced by 1 db
    #2. Michael turns up the dial in the begining. The levels are as intended, but good ear.
    #3, Yup, lady again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish Pizza View Post
    1. At 7:10 - 7:15, when Saul and Pegs are talking, someone gets up and starts walking away (assumedly Saul). Then Saul says "Goodnight Pegs". The volume at this point for both Saul and Pegs is the same as it was for when they were talking earlier, shouldn't someone's volume be a little lower here?

2. At about 10:23, when Michael and Victor are talking, Michael says "How's he doing?". This seemed to be weirdly louder than the rest of the conversation, both before and after saying it.

3. I heard a weird bump at about 1:03:50, when Riley is crying into Burt, but on repeat listens I couldn't hear anything so may have been my house settling. Thought I'd mention it anyway.

That's all I heard.
    Really glad to have helped.
    #1. Yeah, maybe a little, but we tend to fudge distances when they're that close. Too much up and down is distracting.
    2. Lowered slightly.
    3. There was 1 footstep that I brought lower.

Thanks!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    OK, I finished my review of Chapter 46. I listened on my iPhone with earbuds and on my desktop computer. I'm not that sensitive to volume levels, so I'm not good picking up on problems with inconsistent decibels. Volume sounded fine to me throughout the Chapter.

I had only 2 questions:

1. 11:46 and 11:51, Michael is showing Vic on a map where he wants to set up cameras. At the two times I noted, there is a faint but noticeable thumping sound. I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to be, but I'm guessing it's maybe a pen or pencil being pressed against the map on top of something (perhaps the hood of the vehicle?) to accentuate the locations Michael is thinking about. It's fairly minor and I would normally not have noticed it but for the fact that I was listening closely for any audio problems.

2. 22:49 - this one was noticeable enough to distract me even on a casual listen. It sounds to me like Michael and Pegs kiss each other goodbye, yet the entire conversation leading up to that was that no one should touch or breathe on Michael, Saul, and Victor in order to avoid creating more smells that could attract zombies. Was that supposed to be a kiss or something else?

--Airrunner

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airrunner View Post
    OK, I finished my review of Chapter 46. I listened on my iPhone with earbuds and on my desktop computer. I'm not that sensitive to volume levels, so I'm not good picking up on problems with inconsistent decibels. Volume sounded fine to me throughout the Chapter.

I had only 2 questions:

1. 11:46 and 11:51, Michael is showing Vic on a map where he wants to set up cameras. At the two times I noted, there is a faint but noticeable thumping sound. I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to be, but I'm guessing it's maybe a pen or pencil being pressed against the map on top of something (perhaps the hood of the vehicle?) to accentuate the locations Michael is thinking about. It's fairly minor and I would normally not have noticed it but for the fact that I was listening closely for any audio problems.

2. 22:49 - this one was noticeable enough to distract me even on a casual listen. It sounds to me like Michael and Pegs kiss each other goodbye, yet the entire conversation leading up to that was that no one should touch or breathe on Michael, Saul, and Victor in order to avoid creating more smells that could attract zombies. Was that supposed to be a kiss or something else?

--Airrunner
    First one is michael's hand on the truck second is them loading up something in the truck. My guess is there's a missing spectrum of sound that's a similar frequency that's not represented on your headsets. No worries

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    First one is michael's hand on the truck second is them loading up something in the truck. My guess is there's a missing spectrum of sound that's a similar frequency that's not represented on your headsets. No worries
    Yea, yea, yea, I get it. My listening devices are crappy, especially compared to some of the audio technology that a lot of the Forum members have. But, I speak for the masses out there who have only rudimentary speakers or headsets. I am the Everyfan who listens to We're Alive! For every teenage geek huddling under the covers way past her bedtime to listen to one more episode on her laptop, I am there. For every middle aged man getting back into running and enduring time on the treadmill by binging on Season 1 over his iPhone, I am there too. I represent the average consumer of zombie podcast entertainment and darn it my listening perspective matters!

Thanks, KC for the work you put into these chapters. I really am getting an appreciation for how many different sounds go into every second of a chapter by having to listen so closely. I mean even the sound of air or background noise is there.
    Likes Gooer, LiamKerrington liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Yea, yea, yea, I get it. My listening devices are crappy, especially compared to some of the audio technology that a lot of the Forum members have. But, I speak for the masses out there who have only rudimentary speakers or headsets. I am the Everyfan who listens to We're Alive! For every teenage geek huddling under the covers way past her bedtime to listen to one more episode on her laptop, I am there. For every middle aged man getting back into running and enduring time on the treadmill by binging on Season 1 over his iPhone, I am there too. I represent the average consumer of zombie podcast entertainment and darn it my listening perspective matters!

Thanks, KC for the work you put into these chapters. I really am getting an appreciation for how many different sounds go into every second of a chapter by having to listen so closely. I mean even the sound of air or background noise is there.
    I luv what you say! And I admire what you say.
    Likes airrunner, Gooer liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Haha! Thanks, Liam. I was sorta cribbing from The Grapes Of Wrath - at least stylistically - but I appreciate the compliment.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Sorry if you felt I was knocking your experience or your headsets. We do try and reach everyone equally, but it's near impossible to with all the devices out there. There's some headsets that the footsteps sound horrible on too, but as a principle I tend to not try to cater to any one individual device. But your note was taken seriously and I checked on mine and it seemed ok on our end.
    Likes airrunner liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast