Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

Return Home is a good one.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

The Once and Future Nerd is fun. It is NSFW though.
    Edict Zero FIS by Jack Kinkaid.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

King Falls AM is a gem of a podcast, about a year old. They treat it like a real radio show, so there are no podcast credits... Anywhere. Not even on the show's social media sites. Even their commercials are written for King Falls. Sammy and Ben host their late night to dawn talk show with the small town's inhabitants calling in to discuss the local normal and abnormal, and Ben's infatuation with the new librarian. It's well performed and produced though they could use volume tweaking at times. Like WA you quickly connect with Sam and Ben and end up caring about the towns folk, local gossip and strange happenings. Leaves you with a smile on your face unlike so many of the popular audio theater podcasts which do not. Whoever Sam, Ben and Emily are in the real world (likely comedians who have a lot of down time) they've really created a podcast worth listening to and enjoying. "You've heard our story now let's hear yours." If the Colony ever gets a radio station I hope they hire these guys.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

For the We're Alive fans with kiddles who may not be age appropriate for the We're Alive sagas ... yet, there is a little audio theater podcast that may be a really good option. Something that is lively and fun, science-fictiony and interesting enough for the whole family - The Radio Adventures of Eleanor Amplified. The production is well done and very listenable for all ages.

Not for youngsters, but there is a BBC Radio-esque version of an audio comedy podcast called Wooden Overcoats. It follows competing funeral directors on the Channel Islands. The sound design can be a bit of a mess at times and could use more articulation in places, plus your ear needs to be a-tuned to the accents (and British dry humor), it's still well written and acted. If you're a fan of any of the BBC Comedy shows, Good Neighbors, Absolutely Fabulous, Fawlty Towers, you may quite like it. But then if you don't like or find the humor in "wooden overcoats" (aka coffins) you might not find the podcast your cup of tea. It's only 8 episodes long with a very recent promise of more.

Until KC is able to provide us with more of the incredible entertainment we've been spoiled with, we'll have to catch as catch can, and relistening to WA and WALD until the power goes out.
    Last edited by Kat E; Jul 14th, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

I just keep telling KC to take my money. Want so much more.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    The two that I listen to now are Wolf 359 and PleasureTown...both fantastic!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later100 Experience Points
    I enjoyed Limetown too!
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    The Black Tapes

Tanis

Limetown

All of these are really great with really good quality!

Have fun!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later100 Experience Points
    Nothing compares to WA, but here are some of my other fave's:

Serial- both seasons- I'm still fascinated with season 1. These are about people that have been found guilty, but say they are innocent and it follows the story of what really happened. True stories

Limetown
    Alice isn't Dead
    Welcome to Nite Vale- these 3 are sci-fi the last one is pretty funny if you really listen to what's being said.

Science vs
    This takes something that people think is true and tests it with science like myth busters

This I Believe- it's short poetic type stories of what people believe- each one is different and authored by everyday people- very inspiring

Story Corps- this is memoirs about times in lives of people. A type of current oral history- super cool Imagine your grandfather recording his memories of war, or your great aunt recording her memories of the Dust Bowl

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234