User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Leviathon chronicles is fantastic.

It is cool because the author/creator, beginning after chapter 9, gives a little creator insight for 10 minutes or so after each episode and gives additional audio drama recommendations. They are very good.

I highly recommend listening to it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    iTunes has a new page set up for modern audio dramas like we're alive (per the Facebook post from we're alive today). Can't vouch for the quality - but it's a place to start.
    Likes Kc liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    The cleansed is good. If they finish it. It's no We're Alive though.

"Lurker"

Status
    I would highly suggest the Byron Chronicles. It's really good. There are some crosses between the Leviathan Chronicles here and there if you listen to the Leviathan Chronicles, you'll recognize the characters.

The Witch Hunter Chronicles is a nice short mini-series.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Can I recommend you try The Minister of Chance? www.ministerofchance.com, and it's also on iTunes.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    I'm completely addicted to the new podcast, Serial, from the producers of This American Life. OMG. It's the best, most addicting podcast I have listened to outside of We're Alive. Serial is a podcast that, in contrast to This American Life, focuses on one story and looks at it closely from a multitude of angles over the course of 12 or so episodes. This first story centers on a Pakistani American man who has been serving a life sentence the past 15 years for the premeditated murder of his Korean ex high school girlfriend. The producer of the show was asked to look into the case because the defendant's friend believes his attorney botched his representation and that he never should have been found guilty. The podcast is a crime drama that focuses on a different aspect of the case during each episode (one is about a potential alibi for the defendant who never made it to court, another examines the alleged motivation of this heinous crime, another considers the credibility of the witness whose testimony is essentially the entire case against the defendant).

I bring this to everyone's attention for a few reasons. First, it's hot. Lots of articles have been written about Serial and it's the number one podcast on iTunes. Two, it's addicting like We're Alive was/is addicting. Only 6 episodes have aired so far (new ones come out on Thursdays) and I'm about to go through them all for a third time. Much as with We're Not Dead and We're Alive Fancast, Serials has it's own podcast about the podcast, this one put out by Slate. Unlike We're Not Dead or WA Fancast, Slate's "fan" podcast isn't as enjoyable because I find the Slate hosts to be snarky and smug at times whereas Nick, Britt, Greg, Mick, and Redbeard all sounded genuine and earnest.

Lastly, it reminds me - much as We're Alive did/does - that the audio storytelling format is highly visual. Through the course of the Serial story you heard from the defendant (through direct interviews), the victim (through her diary), and a number of their friends and peers (more interviews), which altogether paints this clear picture in my head of what life was like in their Baltimore high school. I have become so engrossed in this podcast because I feel like I have lived with the "characters" to some extent and know them well, or at least feel like I do.

Anyway, in case you are looking for something new to try, check out "Serial."

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Now that summer is over, its getting cold, and I look on spending more of my free time indoors, I've reintroduced myself to my Xbox 360.

By doing so, my listening during the day at work is "The Indoor Kids Podcast" an amazing podcast focusing on VIDEO GAMES!!!!!! Because I'm never an up-to-date gamer, I can start from the first podcast in 2011 and ride them all the way forward.

The Indoor Kids They reallly are a fun lot to listen to.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    check out www.relicradio.com -- in particular Strange Tales and Horror.
    Cheers!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by airrunner View Post
    I'm completely addicted to the new podcast, Serial, from the producers of This American Life. OMG. It's the best, most addicting podcast I have listened to outside of We're Alive. Serial is a podcast that, in contrast to This American Life, focuses on one story and looks at it closely from a multitude of angles over the course of 12 or so episodes. This first story centers on a Pakistani American man who has been serving a life sentence the past 15 years for the premeditated murder of his Korean ex high school girlfriend. The producer of the show was asked to look into the case because the defendant's friend believes his attorney botched his representation and that he never should have been found guilty. The podcast is a crime drama that focuses on a different aspect of the case during each episode (one is about a potential alibi for the defendant who never made it to court, another examines the alleged motivation of this heinous crime, another considers the credibility of the witness whose testimony is essentially the entire case against the defendant).

I bring this to everyone's attention for a few reasons. First, it's hot. Lots of articles have been written about Serial and it's the number one podcast on iTunes. Two, it's addicting like We're Alive was/is addicting. Only 6 episodes have aired so far (new ones come out on Thursdays) and I'm about to go through them all for a third time. Much as with We're Not Dead and We're Alive Fancast, Serials has it's own podcast about the podcast, this one put out by Slate. Unlike We're Not Dead or WA Fancast, Slate's "fan" podcast isn't as enjoyable because I find the Slate hosts to be snarky and smug at times whereas Nick, Britt, Greg, Mick, and Redbeard all sounded genuine and earnest.

Lastly, it reminds me - much as We're Alive did/does - that the audio storytelling format is highly visual. Through the course of the Serial story you heard from the defendant (through direct interviews), the victim (through her diary), and a number of their friends and peers (more interviews), which altogether paints this clear picture in my head of what life was like in their Baltimore high school. I have become so engrossed in this podcast because I feel like I have lived with the "characters" to some extent and know them well, or at least feel like I do.

Anyway, in case you are looking for something new to try, check out "Serial."
    Thanks for the heads up. Just listened to all 9 episodes. Very good!
    Likes airrunner liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    I just started listening to this new radio drama-styled podcast called "The Message." Anyone else heard of it? It's about a team of decoders trying to interpret a possible extraterrestrial transmission. I don't know if it's any good but the main narrator sounds like Constance Parng, which makes me like it immediately. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, sorry I have been away from the Forum so long. Life gets busy. Miss you all and I can't wait for Lockdown.

--Eric (Airrunner)
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast