User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

That rainbowfan.....

So... Has anyone been able to find something about the petroglyph that Kc used? From the Q&As it sounded like it was a real symbol, and I would love to know where he found that
    So far I've spent I-don't-know-how-many hours googling, but as a blind guy it's near impossible to find such stuff... Especially if the meaning of the symbol one's looking for is unknown. But well, at least I've learned a lot about different symbols for protection, just like a lot of others on here I'm sure...
    I was listening to the last Q&A from WAFC last night, and it sounded like Kc wasn't sure whether or not releasing the source for the symbol would "take away a bit of the magic or add to it". Maybe I'm just waaay too nerdy about stuff, but I know that it would just add to it for me. I love details like that.
    When he said that the five lines represented a hand I got a bit confused, but I guess that's just his own interpretation of it. Sort of what I had imagined the symbol to be a while back, an open hand signaling you to stop... No clue about the rainbow though...
    Likes Witch_Doctor, MrRedBeard, MickGinger liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registered

Gamertag: MickGinger
    Same here Storm!! I would love to see it, and know where it is...one day I would probably get a picture next to it if I was ever in the area
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

It's interesting that the original belief about the petroglyph was that it was a warning about a steep drop. The image is of a rainbow with five lines spread out underneath, like a fan. When looking at the image it looks like five scratch marks made by five fingers, like marks made by someone sliding down a cliff grasping at the walls.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

@WD: I had never considered that, but I like the idea... On the other hand (no pun intended) I don't even know what the symbol exactly looks like.

I tried showing the Picture to a friend, and from what I was told it would be some quite weird fingers if it was a hand, since the line all to right is the longest/second longest... I don't really remember...
    Where's a 3D printer when you need it... I have an idea about what it looks like, but would be nice to be sure. Lol!

Spent some more time googling today and found this page... Didn't really bring anything new, but still an interesting read.
    http://www.manataka.org/page29.html
    I just saw that it's a link to page 29... I haven't even checked if other numbers Work in that URL... Guess I'll go and do that now, might be more knowledge hidden in there...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @WD:
    Spent some more time googling today and found this page... Didn't really bring anything new, but still an interesting read.
    http://www.manataka.org/page29.html
    I just saw that it's a link to page 29... I haven't even checked if other numbers Work in that URL... Guess I'll go and do that now, might be more knowledge hidden in there...
    This is a good find. I've spent more time looking at pictures rather than reading. During the convoy trip we were in New Mexico and Arizona. There were lots of pictures of one particular petroglyph called Koko Pelli. I wanted to go back to explore the Petroglyph National part, but I flew back home instead of riding with the convoy back :-(
    Likes Lilydragon liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    This is a good find. I've spent more time looking at pictures rather than reading. During the convoy trip we were in New Mexico and Arizona. There were lots of pictures of one particular petroglyph called Koko Pelli. I wanted to go back to explore the Petroglyph National part, but I flew back home instead of riding with the convoy back :-(
    I find it extremely funny... I'm finding tons of Pictures as well, but due to my lack of sight I won't even know if I stumple upon it by coincidense
    Sucks that you didn't have time to give those glyphs a closer look... Hmm, gonna Google that one you've mentioned now ^^
    ...Yeah, seen that one mentioned... Now I can't even remember if that's on the page I linked to earlier or somewhere else... But yeah, he seems to be in many Places
    Last edited by Storm; Aug 25th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

I can't tell whether or not I've found something, but the description of the symbol sounds quite like Inky's mark:
    http://www.cs.utep.edu/novick/hikes/...y,%202006.html
    Likes MrRedBeard, clem131, Jannit, Gooer, Eviebae and 2 others liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

I can't tell whether or not I've found something, but the description of the symbol sounds quite like Inky's mark:

OMG Storm!!! I think you may have found it!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

DUDE!! I'm pissing my pants over this. Amazing!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    OMG Storm!!! I think you may have found it!
    Well, I just borrowed a friend's sight for a second... or... okay, I sent him the two Pictures to have him compare them... He found them quite similar...
    I just typed in 'petroglyph three concentric arcs' on Google... This was the third hit...
    Likes MickGinger liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast