User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

AVOID "Transformers IV" !!!

Hi.

I keep it short:

This movie is even worse then Transformers III, which was a pain in the arse from the first through the last minute of the movie.

Why is T IV even worse?

SPOILER WARNING!

SPOILER 

I never would have thought that it was possible to create an even worse movie than Terminator IV; Transformers IV did it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes yarri liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Here is another "ravishing" review:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67790

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Here is another "ravishing" review:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67790
    Yes, I fully understand the fury in his words ...
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    But my seven year old loved it....
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    The series has never been the same without Megan Fox's fine acting...

Yes, that was a joke.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Have to disagree. Mainly, because I don't go into movies with the same expectations if it has a II, III, or IV after it. I go in purely for entertainment. And if you look at it that way, it was good. The cast was great, way better than Megan Fox and Shia LeBlow(sp?). Mark Wahlberg is fantastic, and Nicola Peltz was a great replacement for Fox. Stanley Tucci adds an awesome aura to any movie he is in as well.

I go into this movie, as a kid. Because I grew up with it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Have to disagree. Mainly, because I don't go into movies with the same expectations if it has a II, III, or IV after it. I go in purely for entertainment. And if you look at it that way, it was good. The cast was great, way better than Megan Fox and Shia LeBlow(sp?). Mark Wahlberg is fantastic, and Nicola Peltz was a great replacement for Fox. Stanley Tucci adds an awesome aura to any movie he is in as well.

I go into this movie, as a kid. Because I grew up with it.
    After T III I thought I would not have any expectations at all. And yes, Transformers was a major pillar of my childhood and youth. But this time it did not work to watch the movie like being a child.

As for the cast: Yes - all good choices. But if the director is not skilled in creating fathomable characters, and if the script does not provide "meaningful" dialogues (i.e. dialogues suitable for the story and background and theme and topic), it really is bad. Movies like "Pacific Rim" or "Sucker Punch" were much better in it - and these movies, too, are far from being good.

As for the effect and joy for the pictures: The CGI-spree missed one major aspect: a choreography you could follow, understand, and fall in love with - neither the transformation of the robots (except for the old-truck to Optimus Prime and vice versa) nor most action sequences were "nicely done"; typically they were just blurry, way too quick, and especially chaotic ...

Again: You were being warned. And if you - in contrary to me - are able to push the switch and spectate as well as enjoy the movie, then I won't deny you my congratulations. Again: you were warned, though!

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Jul 25th, 2014 at 06:55 AM.
    Likes turbo liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I watched it the other day, and some things i didn't understand was

SPOILER 

I mean, it's a fine film for those that don't really care, but it still wasn't great.....

edit: I also find it funny that
    SPOILER 
    Last edited by Gooer; Jul 25th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    But I really want to see Marky Mark on the big screen. He gives off such "Good Vibrations."

To this day, the cartoon movie is favorite Transformers movie. Michael Bay's first foray was basically a human plot with visually unrecognizable robots added as FX. The second one had a weaker plot that I cannot tell you what happened other than some monstrosity who stole the name Devastator sucked up desert sand and an old SR-71 broke himself up to give Optimus body armor... or something. The third live action one was probably the most forgiving to my eyes, but even then, the plot had me scratching my head.

Just give me blocky looking transformations, some F-15s and 1970s sports cars, and I'll be good. And Marky Mark.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    I watched it the other day, and some things i didn't understand was

SPOILER 

I mean, it's a fine film for those that don't really care, but it still wasn't great.....
    SPOILER 

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    edit: I also find it funny that
    SPOILER 
    SPOILER 

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    But I really want to see Marky Mark on the big screen. He gives off such "Good Vibrations."

To this day, the cartoon movie is favorite Transformers movie. Michael Bay's first foray was basically a human plot with visually unrecognizable robots added as FX. The second one had a weaker plot that I cannot tell you what happened other than some monstrosity who stole the name Devastator sucked up desert sand and an old SR-71 broke himself up to give Optimus body armor... or something. The third live action one was probably the most forgiving to my eyes, but even then, the plot had me scratching my head.

Just give me blocky looking transformations, some F-15s and 1970s sports cars, and I'll be good. And Marky Mark.
    Marky Mark did a good job for as long as you simply and fully ignore his father-role ... That was a pain in the arse ...
    Blocky Transformations ... That somehowish worked in T I and even T II, but not anymore in T III and T IV; in the latter movies it was jus a collision of pixels ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast