User Tag List

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    Oh don't give me that I've been busy all season and not here, but I still LOVE to give you hell. You can always stay. Who else will argue that she killed Angel with kindness?
    Pfft. "Busy," she says. You only came back for the finale! But at least you're back.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Despite me not knowing how to download, the ending was great.

Left me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

KC, the Cast and Crew...y'all are amazing.

I eagerly look forward to Tales of We're Alive. Will it still be out of this site?
    Likes Z Sniper liked this post

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    It was tough watching the entire cast on stage listen to it. Especially Shirley(Tanya). Was a rough scene for everyone to hear Michael tell her what happened.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hello out there,

wow, what an effort, I really appreciate what the whole crew of We're Alive has achieved over the years. It was a pleasure to listen to the podcast. If I am entitled to describe my view on the final - which was a roller-caster ride pretty much indeed - I would like to emphasize that its of course very subjective.

In my opinion, delivered a wonderful conclusion for the most part. The death of Saul was one of these very moments of WA. It had this momentum when the odds shifted into a more and more unfavorable direction for all of the three: Michael, Victor and "late" but not last Saul. What a scene! What a fine example of writing and extraordinary writing skills. Remarkably done.

That said, I must state that I did not like the whole Dunbar arc, I even disliked it. To put it bluntly, I guess I will never become a fan of CJ. To me, the scene reminded - please be kind to me! - of the typical Star Trek Voyager episode of the week - the shields are down, the ship is shot to pieces but think, think, think! (I am exaggerating) and with the help of a Wal-Mart arsenal in reach of CJ - it felt unfortunately rather anti-climatic.

Scratch and both of her muscle buddies seemed to be surrounded by an aura of incompetence. I think they would have even failed in killing the Waltons in this scene. That was all you could do, Scratch, really? When I listened to the final in bed yesterday, it never occurred to me that Scratch would even be able to harm anyone.

With leads me to another thing. Frankly, Scratch had to die. Most of us knew it, though some tried to deny it until the very end. Well, I would have preferred Scratch to have died from the injuries caused by falling. A clear slate death. It happens. At least someone could have simply shot her for Christ's sake. What Burt did was just wrong. It just felt as watching the Dutch film The Vanishing for the second time - which was pure horror as well. And everybody else of the group lived happily ever after? Hm.

In contrast to this, I really enjoyed the epilogue as hell. It was again top notch storytelling. The fact that Mr Whiskers and Riley's liver survived that long was very surprising indeed.
    So, what is to say in the end? Damn, I liked to waste any minute of my life by listening to the show - and I would do it again, again, again...

Now, please do not stone me to death.
    Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Likes Eviebae, Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper, Kc, Jannit and 1 others liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

(Although I do not agree with some things, you have written, YABC, I hit "like" for your posting, 'cause it is a seemingly thought-through opinion ...)
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    (Although I do not agree with some things, you have written, YABC, I hit "like" for your posting, 'cause it is a seemingly thought-through opinion ...)
    We're Alive would not be the show we like most if there had not been divergent opinions on what happens in each and every episode. But the way, pal, I "liked" you, too. You did not see that coming, right?
    Likes Eviebae, Witch_Doctor, LiamKerrington liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    We're Alive would not be the show we like most if there would be not divergent opinions on what happens in each and every episode. But the way, pal, I "liked" you, too. You did not see that coming, right?
    Exactly.
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Roughly 45 hours of Awesome (not including intros, extros, commercials)! That's We're Alive!!!!!!!!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    BTW, will we get our Skittles-Tale?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    I eagerly look forward to Tales of We're Alive. Will it still be out of this site?
    Yes, they'll be here, but Tales of We're Alive will be sold and not free. It'll be cheap, and WA - A story of survival will always be free as a podcast, unless some weird mega-contract requires us to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Liquid View Post
    Another thought, I would have liked to see at least some recognition of Michael for saving the Colony and all the people living there. Without him none of that would exist. He was the one that went on the hunt for information and after Ink. CJ wasn't even originally going to let him but he was persistent to the point of almost going alone before she relented. If he hadn't, Ink would have kept breeding new creatures and eventually everyone would be dead or in miserable seclusion. His plan with KODI and taking the fight to Ink is what allowed this new world to grow and build.

No love for the guy! Gahhhh! I love ya Michael!
    That's a good question to ask in the Q and A. The shortest answer: Michael turned down whatever leadership role offered.

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    Technical note: Michael speaking to Tanya on the phone after Saul dies: it is very difficult to listen to. Is it supposed to be that low in volume? Like we are overhearing over the phone? Because the first part of the conversation with CJ we can hear just fine.
    It's very intentional. You get to have a glimpse of the conversation, but not all of it. It's almost a private moment, and we take the perspective of the people around Tanya and Michael, and not them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post

That said, I must state that I did not like the whole Dunbar arc, I even disliked it. To put it bluntly, I guess I will never become a fan of CJ. To me, the scene reminded - please be kind to me! - of the typical Star Trek Voyager episode of the week - the shields are down, the ship is shot to pieces but think, think, think! (I am exaggerating) and with the help of a Wal-Mart arsenal in reach of CJ - it felt unfortunately rather anti-climatic.

Scratch and both of her muscle buddies seemed to be surrounded by an aura of incompetence. I think they would have even failed in killing the Waltons in this scene. That was all you could do, Scratch, really? When I listened to the final in bed yesterday, it never occurred to me that Scratch would even be able to harm anyone.
    -----------

Now, please do not stone me to death.
    Naw, no stones needed. I love how everyone can express freely what they feel about the finale.

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to the Q and A next Tuesday where you can ask these questions that are lingering. I'm trying not to answer them here right now just for that purpose.
    Likes Storm, turbo liked this post

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast