User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by smorg View Post
    did the chapter have a name?
    Chapter 48 - The Ink Runs Dry.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I grinned Ear to Ear when I heard that Title..
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Thank you so much to Kc and everyone else who made this possible! I just finished and it was the perfect ending. I didn't see it coming at all. I expected a much more gruesome conclusion so this was just so freaking pleasing. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    I'm sad to see such a beautiful thing end but I'm glad we still have Tales from We're Alive to look forward to.
    You all are so great. Just...gah...get over here. <3
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Well. I'll have more to say later after I digest this awesome wrap-up to an awesome show.
    But for now, all I have to say is:

Do. NOT. FUCK. with. BURT!!!!

Thanks for the nightmares KC!
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Chapter 48 - The Ink Runs Dry.
    Best title evARRRRRR!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!

This is rapid fire. Loved it. The ending worked for me. I was shocked that Saul died. I was 100% sure that Saul would live. Missed that one. Sad not to see Tanya there. Made since though. I loved how Hope being blind saved the day. That was cool. Like how they are getting people from all over USA. Including Texas. I wondered why Pegs wasn't with child. That was a personal theory of mine. Didn't broadcast that one due to it not having much to do with the story (at least I didn't think it would), but I thought she was unable. Robins haven a child is cool as hell.

All in All a damn good show. Damn good ending. Damn good wrap up.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Ahead there be SPOILERS!!!

Seriously SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

OK, don't say I didn't warn you about the SPOILERS!!!

Alright I think I've gathered my thoughts enough to post them in a somewhat coherent manner.

First of all. I was struck by how quick the climax of the story came. It was like boom, boom, boom, and everything fell into place. And most importantly: It didn't feel rushed. Everything happened quick, but it also felt natural. And I have to give kudos to the writing for making that happen.

1. The End of Ink:

We saw Ink at his strongest and his weakest. His intelligence in getting the zombies to follow him (and his paranoia that led to the discovery of the symbol) gave him his power (and he was apparently a pretty damn strong bastard too!) but, in the end, he just couldn't quite comprehend enough to see his own doom coming from Saul's immunity.

Loosing Saul was a gut-punch in a season full of gut punches. I have to say, I know a lot of people saw it coming, and I guess I saw the writing of the wall as well, but just never believed it. I was fixated on Michael being the one to have to set off the explosives manually and I just never let myself believe that it would be Saul making the sacrifice. But it makes sense, and it always made sense. And if Saul had to go out, it was good to see he went out as a hero.

2. Scratch gets it, finally!

The final showdown with Scratch was great: lots of tension, plenty of uncertainty as to the outcome. I kept thinking Hope was gonna end up being the one to take Scratch out. (I jumped when I heard her in the background finding the second gun.) But, in the end it had to be Pegs that took Scratch down. And Burt finishing things with Scratch felt right too. Pegs could never have finished Scratch off like that and Riley would have been mentally and spiritually wrecked if she had done the deed. Burt’s never been a nice guy, he’s got just the right touch of ruthlessness to do it. But damn that was brutal! I’ll say it again. Do. NOT. FUCK. with. BURT!

3. The Next Generation

The time skip for the second half caught me a bit by surprise, but after everything in the "present" was wrapped up it only made sense to continue on into the future. See the torch passed to the next generation of survivors. And it's nice to know that the next generation is apparently strong and plentiful. We've got a nice thriving society that has spread beyond the walls of just the Colony and is starting to build a new nation of survivors. And apparently there are others out there too (some friendly, some not so much...)
    It feels like there is so much more story out there in this world. And whether those stories actually get told or not, it's nice to know that the adventure will continue.

And on a side note: How great was Puck as drill instructor? Pretty much everything great about that character was summed up in that scene!

And last but not least the music at the end was amazing! The We’re Alive Full theme is one track I will be listening to over and over again.

It’s been a hell of a ride but a damn good one! I have no idea what I’m gonna do on Mondays without We’re Alive to look forward to. Thanks to all the cast and crew and everyone else involved with this amazing story! I’ll be looking forward to whatever comes next.

EDIT: I was going to bring up something else but I couldn't remember what it was. Ink's final creation. We never got to see what it was, but it's probably better that way. The less we know, the more we can build it up in our minds.
    Last edited by HardKor; Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    WA_Event_09_Flag.jpg

We'll release the other finale artwork later, but this is my favorite. This is from the Epilogue.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Hi everyone, sorry but there something wrong with my eyes. Darn it, same thing happen during the soldiers eps in the prison. I like the ending. Vic "Told you I won't let's anything near again.'
    Likes Gooer, Z Sniper liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

This is, what I wrote Kc about an hour ago; and he asked me to share it with you. And who am I to neglect such a request and to exclude the most awesome fandom (which is the WA fandom!!!) in the world?

Warning: SPOILERAGE!

Hello Kc,

now, after having heard the 71 minutes of the last chapter of We're Alive, I would like to share a few thoughts with you. No worries: It will be brief.

When I started listening to We're Alive, I never had an idea, what to expect, and how the show would evolve. But as you may have noticed: I got one of the many fans, of which some are really awesome. And I am very happy to be part of this circle; only very few other things make me proud.

Today I listened to #48 of your show. And like most others I had certain expectations, although I limited them during the last chapters, because the show spun towards its ending. And it was a delight to see how the story closed in for the finale - well, two finales actually.

You know that I belong to the very few WA fans, who had and still have some trouble with Saul as a figure and as a character. But when I listened to #48, I really felt sorry for his fate, but also proud to having got to know him. What an ending - a tragic hero, but his spirit carries on in the heart and the beliefs of the other survivors. And what would WA have been without what he did? A completely different story, I guess.

And then the other finale between Scratch, Pegs, Burt, and Riley. Awe-some! Not sure, how to comment on it any more. I am very happy to hear how this particular story has been finished. And it was so much different from almost any theory all WA fans had shared so far. And I guess you did an amazing job telling the story that way. Really great.

But there are two other things I enjoy a lot more about We're Alive and #48:

1) It was really unexpected to experience a season finale, which as roughly 30 minutes of calm, peace, and "unagitated" narration. Sure, many WA fans expected something like this - but much shorter, I guess. Narrators telling the story and concluding it with kind of an open ending; but I assume that none really expected such a "long" and especially intrigueing ending.

2) Most zombie-stories I have read, watched or listened to so far have a very dramatic, dark, dystopian, nihilistic, negative ending with very bad prospects for the humans or survivors. The first story making a huge different so far was "World War Z" (book, audio-book, even the movie) for me. I did not expect this to happen with WA, because anytime our beloved heroes and heroines met other survivors, shit hit the fan 24/7 - in small scales like the conflicts between the different survivor groups or in huge scales like what happened with Boulder and Irwin. And there was no other obvious hint available giving us positive prospects. Now that the WA story has finished 14 years after the events from #1 through #48 (first half) I am very happy that humans are not meant to go extinct, because the zombocalypse was so damn overwhelming. It still is and it remains a threat, but the humans have started to adapt to the situation. And Nicholas (a powerful name, which means "victory of the people" (or something like that)) has a special future ahead, I think - a story of more survival I guess ... *g*

Anyway!
    I just wanted to thank you for what you have done and achieved. And I really look forward what's going to be on the plate in the future. But I guess it is just fair to ask for one more little thing: Get the rest and vacation you really deserved.

Best wishes to you, your crew, your cast, and anyone else being involved but being not part of one of the aforementioned groups. And sorry for my Germenglish ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    aka
    Clem Carlos Schermann

P.S.: And thank you for having allowed Mr Whiskers to reappear again ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast