User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by madmungo View Post
    mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.
    Angel wouldn't share his can of peaches with Riley in the ma and pa shop, on the way to the Arena. Saul didn't want to share his MRE with Vic, after they were separated from the survivors of the Tower, since he didn't have any for himself. Pretty sure Michael is the only one that hasn't been a douchebag about sharing food......
    Likes madmungo liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.

While I was browsing my email archive for the answer as i had discussed it with my brother at the time and I found the other slight frustration was them having a drink while on duty, pretty much straight after they had been attacked the day before. Normally you would be on double guard and everyone would be really wired. It seemed something totally crazy to do. I imagine it was discussed at length in the forums though so i shall not dwell on it.
    Anyway, two 'face-palms' for me out of many hours of absolute genius writing. You deserve an oscar, not having to deal with people like me whining/picking about a moment in your writing. Do not take it as a negative, for me it was a minor bump in the road to what has been the most entertaining and thrilling story that i have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.
    Thanks! I don't mind being picky at all. In fact, the drunk thing was something event the characters didn't want to do, and thus majority ruled. The majority at that point also included Kalani... who we learn later had something to gain from that. It's a combination of poor leadership, and the fact that majority shouldn't always rule.

And to be honest, soldiers sneak hooch all the time into combat zones. So, to me, it wasn't implausible and it did things wrong the right way, but I just wanted to share my reasoning on that

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    I just absolutely love that KC set up Saul and Michael's skills with video games much earlier in the series. Saul referencing playing Xbox with Angel and his "Gameboy thing" while out with Burt and then later offers the same device while staking out the farm with Victor.
    Meanwhile, Michael has been shown playing a game exactly once, when with Puck waiting for a call on the SAT phone. Michael needed Puck to help him past a difficult part and it was implied, if not outright stated, that Puck often had to help Michael when playing video games. Thus why Saul can work KODI and Michael has trouble. I laughed out loud on the treadmill when I put it all together. Plus Saul referencing Halo, as a Halo fan I appreciated that. It does help keep it secure that KC has been telling us the truth and had everything more or less planned out all along.
    I just noticed something similar on 46-2: the thing about the psych eval explaining how Ink was terrified of dying was hinted in 46-2 but Tanya was interrupted by the gas affecting Pegs so we all forgot about it. It seemed to come out of nowhere in this chapter, but it didn't.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The military had to set some convention for naming. If the round is bigger than 20mm it is called a cannon, smaller it is a gun, but this nomenclature applies to crew served weapons. The standard stuff we civilians or standard infantryman use are not called "guns". They are rifles, sidearms, shotguns,etc

The Gatling gun shown shoots 7.62mm rounds. The .50 cal is about 10mm. So, the minigun does fire smaller rounds than the .50cal, but has a much higher rate of fire. Michael said he wanted the .50cal for the higher caliber.

Here are some of the rounds used in the show. The original posts are in the everything else section in a locked and loaded thread

Picture of rifle / gun rounds: 7.62 is just right of GW
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/a...7&d=1325705912

Worth noting is that the Minigun they had was Dillon M134, capable of firing at 2000 to 6000 rounds per minute... 30 to 100 per second!

Now, to put that into sharp context when being shot through wooden floors and stairs:
    From the performance analysis & comparison I did for the Mata Gun, I learned that the .308/7.62 round imparts a force of 2437.5 foot pounds of force for each bullet.
    Now imagine that 30 to 100 times in one second. It is shredding through that lobby and making sawdust out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Angel wouldn't share his can of peaches with Riley in the ma and pa shop, on the way to the Arena.
    Datu rethought the candy bar and wanted peaches... "I don't want to get scurvy." *slurp* "You're gonna die." *whimper*
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hi there,

I would like to throw my thoughts into the ring. Tinfoil alert ahead, so be warned! So, Ink disassembled KODI, right? I wonder how plausible it is that our three musketeers anticipated this. What if Ink sends out his minions to hunt down Michael, Vic and Saul while he is staying behind. Would this not provide an excellent opportunity to detonate an (arguably smaller) secondary time bomb? Although my knowledge is pretty limited on explosives, C4 and its derivatives can be trigger by high temperature / pressure if applied.

The plan could have even included a situation like this.

On the other hand, even the NASA sometimes does not have a masterplan.

Likes Red Shirt, Bullethead liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired.
    Thats a big somebody! Who did scratch find out there Jessie, the Body, Ventura?
    jesse-ventura-predator.jpg2407189,GRydhGNuQxJ2RysjKGnvReIv4s6zIGSVqlKMirxXeUu2x1pEi68ZP6ykQPq_5ra3crfTSJG1TkgOhTnYFZavhw==.jpg
    Last edited by Bullethead; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 05:49 AM.
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I guess Pete will have his revenge as well:

Likes Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor, Gooer, Bullethead liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    I think this is Angel, Riley, and Datu as has been said previously.....

I always took this as Angel "flirting" with Riley in a round-about way........ Maybe Flirting is the wrong word for it, but I took as more of a friendly "I got some peaches, and you can't have none, na na na naaa(Haha, wink wink)" as opposed to a "These are my damn peaches and if you touch them I will cut your throat!!!"

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    ok, only because we were poking at WD on the last couple of pages... today a friend sent me this. You may have seen it and it is probably the wrong area on the forum... but OMG so very funny poke at WD storyline :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    ok, only because we were poking at WD on the last couple of pages... today a friend sent me this. You may have seen it and it is probably the wrong area on the forum... but OMG so very funny poke at WD storyline :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ
    That's pretty accurate.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast