User Tag List

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
    Yeah; they never really try to figure out how to stop anything. It's just roaming, settling, disaster, repeat. It focuses too entirely on human vs human, rather than being about zombies. They say that's about to start changing in the comics, though, but it's been going too long to matter.
    Yes I totally agree. WD is like some soap opera that focuses on the character's personal issues and group disagreements than anything zombie related. I stopped watching after 4 episodes of We're Alive. This is just too good.
    It is definitely time to start listening to it from the beginning and see if i can catch any new things that i missed first time around. :-)

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by madmungo View Post
    Yes I totally agree. WD is like some soap opera that focuses on the character's personal issues and group disagreements than anything zombie related. I stopped watching after 4 episodes of We're Alive.
    WD really suffers in comparison to WA. I watched it when I visited my family in Indiana and none of the characters seemed to have the brains God gave geese!

I mean I'm not military so maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you should clear out and secure an area before moving into the next one. Instead they waltz around willy nilly 'sploring. Plus, if I were them, I'd take to the trees. Their zombies never seem to climb them and they are forever walking around in forests.

Granted, I saw part of this season and it seemed much smarter.
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    WD really suffers in comparison to WA. I watched it when I visited my family in Indiana and none of the characters seemed to have the brains God gave geese!

I mean I'm not military so maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you should clear out and secure an area before moving into the next one. Instead they waltz around willy nilly 'sploring. Plus, if I were them, I'd take to the trees. Their zombies never seem to climb them and they are forever walking around in forests.

Granted, I saw part of this season and it seemed much smarter.
    I am ex-mil but I am pretty sure that your common sense approach would be the absolute right thing to do. Why live with an enemy in the same building.... just because the door is locked? (they only cleared half the prison!)

They seem to not mind walkers everywhere. Surely you would have roaming patrols just wandering around the fence with a big stick and poking them in the head one after another. Still, driving a toyota hybrid rather than a 4x4 with basic welded on armour over the windows is just plain illogical for the intelligence level of a group of people that have survived 3 years in a post-apocalyptic zombie infestation! The WD is set in a world that apart from the odd angry brother, it would be an ok place to set up camp. They have funding for great story lines but fail to really put some genius in to the writing.

KC's situation and totally 3d story of high level attacks on all fronts is just stunning. You really get the feel that wherever our group are, the odds are against them from all sides. Stronger and stronger enemies and the protagonists using their imagination to gain the upper hand (home build guns and A-Team vehicles) really helps you stay with them and root for their survival. Only a couple of times have i been pulled from the story (Michael not sharing food in season 1 or 2 was completely out of character for a military person) in this 'universe'.

The only thing i would hope for is that KC keeps a tight hold on the contracts, as i have seen many film/tv screenplays, destroy a great book/story. (Clive Cussler's Sahara ruined by Mathew McConaghey and Penelope Cruz springs to mind. Even the Harry Potter series could do with a remake...)

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by MickGinger View Post
    True Story! Would 4 PM GMT Be a good time on Sat. for you Witch_Doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    ok
    Sorry for miss the Monday one, I had work til 12:30am. But if Witch Doctor is on Sat I will be there too. Prepare for the Victor's Mucho Macho Fan Club hour!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    The ladies at Dunbar are all on the ground floor? Because if they are on floor 2 or above they shouldn't be in direct line of fire of the minigun. I did not visualize well the layout of the scene there, especially the reference to the stairs: did Scratch enter the stairwell and just shoot all around, minigun pointed upwards?

Semi-related question to the weapon experts on the forum: in English, this is a gun:
    440px-SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg
    so why is this called a minigun?
    48925-2.jpg

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Somebody give Puck a damn gun!
    Likes Red Shirt, Gooer, Eviebae liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    The ladies at Dunbar are all on the ground floor? Because if they are on floor 2 or above they shouldn't be in direct line of fire of the minigun. I did not visualize well the layout of the scene there, especially the reference to the stairs: did Scratch enter the stairwell and just shoot all around, minigun pointed upwards?

Semi-related question to the weapon experts on the forum: in English, this is a gun:
    440px-SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg
    so why is this called a minigun?
    48925-2.jpg
    The military had to set some convention for naming. If the round is bigger than 20mm it is called a cannon, smaller it is a gun, but this nomenclature applies to crew served weapons. The standard stuff we civilians or standard infantryman use are not called "guns". They are rifles, sidearms, shotguns,etc

The Gatling gun shown shoots 7.62mm rounds. The .50 cal is about 10mm. So, the minigun does fire smaller rounds than the .50cal, but has a much higher rate of fire. Michael said he wanted the .50cal for the higher caliber.

Here are some of the rounds used in the show. The original posts are in the everything else section in a locked and loaded thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Attachment 1491

Burt has several other handguns besides Shirly. When ANgel and Saul find him in the Bathroom, he has a deathgrip on a pistol. Later, he asks if Saul got the Silver One from the Room Vault. Saul says the Desert Eagle, Hell ya0
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I hope I get this picture drop to work correctly. I pulled together some pictures of the ammo used. The little one is for the rifle that Victor and his partner have when they get the jump on Michael when he was taking a wizz on the way to the colony. The middle one is the standard M16 round. Those are the ones Angel and Michael carry from the base. The B I G one is the .50 cal Saul used in the season 3 opening to knock one of the big ones on his assay as he and Victor escape.
    Picture of rifle / gun rounds: 7.62 is just right of GW
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/a...7&d=1325705912
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jul 1st, 2014 at 07:34 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    [QUOTE=madmungo;78131 Only a couple of times have i been pulled from the story (Michael not sharing food in season 1 or 2 was completely out of character for a military person) in this 'universe'.
    [/QUOTE]
    Wait- Michael didn't share food? What part were you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Wait- Michael didn't share food? What part were you referring to?

The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-
    Did she also move the armory to somewhere more closer?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Did she also move the armory to somewhere more closer?
    They have guns in the security room if that's what you're asking- That's all the details I can give at this time.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast