User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    In order to round up the Dredd references, I just hope that the Dunbar situation does not end like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicpGf3whJg

I guess Liam would favor this outcome...
    Guess again.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    In a city of 16 million people, if you think there are only 10 fuel rigs, you are delirious. The mallers could have easily gotten more. But they would rather impose violence.
    As we have learned the Mallers consider everything they put their ons as theirs. That's pretty much part of the essence of the first confrontation between Scratch/Latch and Lizzy/Saul/Burt. The Mallers never actually considered sharing as an option. Yes, there were many more than just 10 rigs; but those 10 rigs were the ones the Mallers had chosen to be important for their tasks - not important as absolutely necessary from an objective perspective, but important from a totally subjective perspective.

So, do not give me any Victorian non-sense about the misunderstood Noble savage. The mallers are the horde that parasitically suck the resources out of society.
    Who says Scratch would be a "misunderstood Noble savage"? And why would this be Victorian non-sense? As far as I know Noble savages were considered savagesall in all during (and nothing else but this) the Victorian age ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    As both the colony survivors and the infected seek to establish order in the new world they have found themselves in, Scratch is the embodiment of entropy.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked28 Days Later250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Me and MMORPGs don't mix. Maybe TF2...?
    Lol, perhaps. Dota's a MOBA, by the way :P Same difference, I guess.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I think the mallers were already aware of Burt and his store, before the outbreak. LA cannot support many black market arms dealers. Thus Scratch's dig saying she was Locked and Loaded and Burt's comment that those gun came from my shop. If you ask me, an RPG with ten rockets is much more rare and valuable than one fuel rig. So, by just about any measure, the mallers stole from Burt and in effect traded the RPG for rig.
    I also love how everyone blaming Burt for everything forgets this. They are blaming them for stealing the rig while wielding the guns they themselves stole.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    at least we know burt, riley will have their show off of scratch.
    here's a little tease stuff i did for WE'RE ALIVE.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21...easer_creation

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I also love how everyone blaming Burt for everything forgets this. They are blaming them for stealing the rig while wielding the guns they themselves stole.
    The Mallers have a tendency to find a reason to start conflict. They can then justify it in their minds. The most blatant example is how Kalani shot the rifle at the Mallers from the Tower, and was told to by Scratch. Now, did SHE want that to happen, or did Durai? When leading people, they need to have motivation... even if it's false motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by facebook.com/alexinks View Post

That was cool! Nicely done
    Likes facebook.com/alexinks liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by facebook.com/alexinks View Post

Nice! I like the way you drew Scratch... that's pretty much how I imagine her.
    Likes facebook.com/alexinks liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The Mallers have a tendency to find a reason to start conflict. They can then justify it in their minds. The most blatant example is how Kalani shot the rifle at the Mallers from the Tower, and was told to by Scratch. Now, did SHE want that to happen, or did Durai? When leading people, they need to have motivation... even if it's false motivation.
    Oh, I do understand their logic. I'm just surprised anyone else could seriously embrace it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    Oh, I do understand their logic. I'm just surprised anyone else could seriously embrace it.
    You might, but how many people follow blind leaders, even in our world now? Imagine you take away all the safety, and bring in a lot of fear. It's easier to survive in a shitty group, than no group at all. Who knows what kinds of things were said and thought of the people of the tower... The mallers could have genuinely believed they came in peace with no other way to survive. When they started to get fired on... it could have been an easy switch in the brain.

"Look, life sucks for all of us out here, can't we just join you? Our place is getting attacked a lot and we're losing people..."

BLAM...

"They're firing at us?! What did we do? These people must not think we're survivors too... they're just stuck on the fact that we were incarcerated. I don't want to go back to that place... we HAVE to get in there. If we don't, I might be next! At least go down fighting..."

There's lot of perspectives to the story that can sometimes get lost, especially through the blur of the folds that are the journals. We see only one side... well, most of the time.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast