User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Wait- Michael didn't share food? What part were you referring to?

The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-
    Thanks, I was just listening to 46-2 and came back to edit my post. The info on the stairs being wood is also useful. The apartment buildings I know have all concrete or marble stairs.
    Last edited by clem131; Jul 1st, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The military had to set some convention for naming. If the round is bigger than 20mm it is called a cannon, smaller it is a gun, but this nomenclature applies to crew served weapons. The standard stuff we civilians or standard infantryman use are not called "guns". They are rifles, sidearms, shotguns,etc

The Gatling gun shown shoots 7.62mm rounds. The .50 cal is about 10mm. So, the minigun does fire smaller rounds than the .50cal, but has a much higher rate of fire. Michael said he wanted the .50cal for the higher caliber.

Here are some of the rounds used in the show. The original posts are in the everything else section in a locked and loaded thread

Picture of rifle / gun rounds: 7.62 is just right of GW
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/a...7&d=1325705912
    Thanks, I cannot rep you for a while.
    Weird thing: when I was young I played Syndicate in italian. The translation/dubbing on videogames was crap (still is, afaik) and someone translated "minigun" to the equivalent of "minipistol". So I was puzzled that a pistol was a crappy weapon and a minipistol would pass through walls. I understood years later.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    They have guns in the security room if that's what you're asking- That's all the details I can give at this time.
    And the day before present ( chapter 46 ) time, there was at least one firearm a few stories up with Pegs/Hope/Kelly. It might have been moved, but it could still be there and I do not want anyone to cry foul.

Hell, if it was my building, firearms would be as common as fire extinguishers on every floor. I would also supplement the stairs with retractable ladders through the floors of some rooms. Giving a whole new meaning to a game of Shoots and Ladders.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered

The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-
    Somebody better light them stairs on fire and then look down at Scratch and stick your tongue out like "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!!!!!"

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Wait - the fire escape is still there right?

Pegs said she didn't want to sleep on the 7th (?) floor becaus if the windows with acess to the fire escape. Open the elevator shaft climb / haul Puck up to the floor above & climb / haul Puck down.

Not the firs time people have fled Dunbar that way (Hope, Sean & the rest of that crew)
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.

While I was browsing my email archive for the answer as i had discussed it with my brother at the time and I found the other slight frustration was them having a drink while on duty, pretty much straight after they had been attacked the day before. Normally you would be on double guard and everyone would be really wired. It seemed something totally crazy to do. I imagine it was discussed at length in the forums though so i shall not dwell on it.
    Anyway, two 'face-palms' for me out of many hours of absolute genius writing. You deserve an oscar, not having to deal with people like me whining/picking about a moment in your writing. Do not take it as a negative, for me it was a minor bump in the road to what has been the most entertaining and thrilling story that i have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by madmungo View Post
    mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.
    Could that have been Saul during the start of season 3 when he & Vic 1st split off? If so didn't he eventually share?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I just absolutely love that KC set up Saul and Michael's skills with video games much earlier in the series. Saul referencing playing Xbox with Angel and his "Gameboy thing" while out with Burt and then later offers the same device while staking out the farm with Victor.
    Meanwhile, Michael has been shown playing a game exactly once, when with Puck waiting for a call on the SAT phone. Michael needed Puck to help him past a difficult part and it was implied, if not outright stated, that Puck often had to help Michael when playing video games. Thus why Saul can work KODI and Michael has trouble. I laughed out loud on the treadmill when I put it all together. Plus Saul referencing Halo, as a Halo fan I appreciated that. It does help keep it secure that KC has been telling us the truth and had everything more or less planned out all along.

As for Scratch's return, about damn time! Funny how CJ's defenses would have held off even the likes of the Behemoths or the Inklings for enough time to mount a counterattack or an escape. When CJ earlier stated all she had set up, I thought it was nigh impregnable. Then a swift human assault with explosives makes them helpless in seconds. It kind of fits back in with Tanya's supposition that the zombies have only become so fierce some and advanced due to the pressures our mains have given them. Who really is the greatest threat? Ink wants his new species to survive, and part of that surviving does involve eating people. Scratch wants pain, weeping, bitter gnashing of teeth...when she can correctly articulate her goals.
    Likes clem131 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
    Could that have been Saul during the start of season 3 when he & Vic 1st split off? If so didn't he eventually share?
    Yes indeed, it could well have been. I have a memory like a sieve! :-) ….all this talking has only made me hungry for a can of peaches… but it is 1am here :-) mmmmm. peaches...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by madmungo View Post
    Yes indeed, it could well have been. I have a memory like a sieve! :-) ….all this talking has only made me hungry for a can of peaches… but it is 1am here :-) mmmmm. peaches...
    if its peaches, that was angel, riley, and datu on their way to the arena.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast