User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    yea victor has a slab waiting for him and his toe tag is all filled out. sorry zsniper( cough victor "cough" Otto Sturcke)

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registeredPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Got questions for the Q&A? Post them up on Twitter. @MrRedBeard #WAFINALE

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by witch_doctor View Post
    since the first clear images of ink were posted, we have been captivated by the symbols. Voodoo, chemical, egyptian, chinese, alchemy, old norse,... The list goes on. We have speculated and debated about their meanings, their origins and their purpose in the story. is ink an occultist, a mad scientist or some other type of mystical puppet master? yet there were scores of questions and ideas that seemed to be in conflict with each other. But two elements go hand & hand, they are inseparable; ink and the symbols. Ink get's his name by way of the symbols covering his skin. The symbols seemed to be the secret to his plans. But what are his plans?

Ever since it was revealed that ink was using symbols to manipulate the zombies, we have debated how could it be that zombies could be controlled by them. Is there a zombie language? Are these zombie-glyphs? How can they understand different symbols from a cross section of cultures from a long span of history? How can the zombies understand them and humans can't? Is there something mystical going on? Surely, looking at an ancient rune, a voodoo veve, or the eye of horace can't possibly have a control over a real flesh and blood human suffering from some sort of naturally-caused cognitive disorder. They can't even reason, how can they possibly understand these symbols? It seemed that the only way the symbols could possibly have an affect on the zombies is by way of some supernatural effect. And boy oh boy, did we let k.c. Have it. how dare he wind up this story by introducing hocus pocus, mumbo jumbo? Don't know how you're gonna pull a logical explanation out of yer butt! Looky here folks, deus ex machina is a comin' our way!

but throughout the whole story there were clues to something else.
    • the outbreak is world-wide. Starts along geologically active places. Ink has no control over that.
    • zombie-making haze coming from deep underground.
    • zombie bodies decompose and release the haze (gas).
    • it seems that something buried deep underground that could produce the gas might very well be incredibly ancient.
    • the soldiers discover a zombie rosetta stone and we learn that ink placed symbols all over the place like a gang member with a can of spray paint. Along with datu, we learn that this is how he controls the zombies.
    • in the jail, we see different symbols over different doors. One stands out. The rainbow-fan symbol. We later learn from datu that this somehow 'feels like stop', and with tanya's help, we learn that it is the reason why there was one cell where the door was not busted in. The zombies would not go in there.
    • datu encounters another symbol beckoning him to enter. The symbols don't say anything, they just cause a feeling.
    • the zombies are like animals. They even nest like ants. They are controlled by instincts and their senses, not unlike animals in heat.
    • some zombies seemed to form cliques.
    • many of the symbols are described as symbols we can look up. Symbols that we might even know about. Some people on the forum even figured out that the common meaning behind these symbols is that of protection, long before tanya revealed it.
    • google the rainbow-fan symbol and see what you get. Nothing comes up. It's not a recognizable symbol from a recognizable human history. Almost like kc just made it up.
    • we learn, again with tanya's help, that ink feared death and most likely had himself tattooed with protection symbols in a desperate attempt to save himself from a lethal injection needle.
    • ink seems to have conducted two experiments in the jail. One to create the behemoths, another to determine which symbol does what.

where am i going with this? How can an ancient symbol control people suffering from some sort of cognitive disease? Where would such a symbol come from?
    Perhaps the stop and enter symbols are ancient symbols of protection from some very ancient unnamed culture. Ink may have found them in a catalog of similar symbols, using any and all in a willy-nilly fashion. In order to look for the origin of such a symbol from the past in the we're alive universe, lets look into the future in the we're alive universe.
    • ink is dead, and so are his minion of zombies under his control. His clique. The only realistic way for ink to counter the effect of the stop symbol is to create new zombies immune to it. Perhaps breeding smart ones who show resistance to it. (like humans who show resistance to the infection.) so, with the death of ink, michael and tanya's fear is abated and cj's plan of marking everything can prevail.
    • with ink gone, the remaining zombies can't learn to avoid the effects of the markings.
    • the human survivors mark themselves, their effects, their habitats, their roadways and everything else with the symbol of protection. just like it was done some untold time in the past when this last happened. in time, the origin of the symbols are lost. All that remains is the notion that it protects.

and just how does such a symbol protect from the deranged, crazed, animal-brained former humans? Well, as animals with highly diminished cognitive functions, these creatures are instinctual. They act like insects. They follow the leader. They go under ground. Perhaps what we call 'symbols' are, to them, natural markers. Bi-valued even. Stop-come, front-back, first-last. Perhaps an earlier version of these creatures, in the ancient past, formed chains or links or trails, all leading underground. Deep underground, like tanya said. Deeper than anyone bothered to dig. There, they died, decomposed, and turned into gas.
    holy smoke!
    Likes Gooer, LiamKerrington liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    how old is that damn cat?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    how old is that damn cat?
    15 years. It was 1 when we met it the first time, +14 years. And yes, cats can make it so long ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    15 years. It was 1 when we met it the first time, +14 years. And yes, cats can make it so long ...
    i think its older than that. cause wasn't Mr.Whiskers at least 1 year old when Pegs found him in the Apt. Then when everybody went to Boulder, Mr.W was with Saul, Victor and CJ was that about a year later then.
    the damn thing must be pushing at 16 if not 17 yrs.
    I know I had a cat that lived that long. no mater how many times I tried
    to kill it. .....just joking

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    i think its older than that. cause wasn't Mr.Whiskers at least 1 year old when Pegs found him in the Apt. Then when everybody went to Boulder, Mr.W was with Saul, Victor and CJ was that about a year later then.
    the damn thing must be pushing at 16 if not 17 yrs.
    I know I had a cat that lived that long. no mater how many times I tried
    to kill it. .....just joking
    Yes, I think you are right; I just quoted Kc; he wrote something about Whiksers's age of 1 ... And even so: 16 or 17 years is not impossible for a cat; it really depends how well it is fed and cared for. And with Care-Pegs I have no doubt that Mr Whiskers had a good time - so far.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    I'm listening to the final season again and I'm having other theories I hadn't considered pop into my head. I so badly want to say them. :why:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789