User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Well, he did do things outside of the very few scenes he was in. He came up with the plan to blow up the arena before any of our hero's did. In fact, they knew about the Arena first (if I recall). He mostly was trying to look out for the safety of his own people and interests. Scratch wasn't intended to be a leader- that's just not her, whereas Durai was. BUT, Durai's plans never worked out... I don't think he ever caught one break where something he tried worked out for him. Scratch was somewhat correct in her telling him off at the colony. That's what split the mallers almost down the middle. There were those who thought Scratch was in fact more successful in her endeavors and ideas, and others who thought Durai was better/Scratch is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted. The battle for the colony actually had three sides, but for some reason that gets missed.

Not sure if that answers your question, or is just a comment on it.
    It is just, Durai got this clear-cut, distinctive voice which conveyed (a least to me) the impression of a person who, well, comes across your path and almost instantly creates a profound sensation of angst-inducing excitement. A great character and great voice acting by Mr Jurand.
    Likes Kc, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

There was a series of 5 books published in the mid 80's called "The Outrider" By Richard Harding. In a post apocalyptic world the few survivors of massive nuclear war are ruled by ruthless gangs. Chicago is the only remaining free city. When I was 16 I though those books were the coolest ever. Today I shudder to think how bad they might have really been.

In the 5th book "Built to Kill" The bad guys build a series of special vehicles to attack Chicago. One of the vehicles was a armored fire truck covered in barb wire. I think the fire hose was converted to a flame thrower too. KC was only 3 years old when this book was published so if he did steal the fire truck idea it was his parents fault for letting a 3 year boy read such trash.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052...6YW3HWK55XCGG2
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Jun 25th, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Likes Footbutt liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked28 Days Later250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Well, he did do things outside of the very few scenes he was in. He came up with the plan to blow up the arena before any of our hero's did. In fact, they knew about the Arena first (if I recall). He mostly was trying to look out for the safety of his own people and interests. Scratch wasn't intended to be a leader- that's just not her, whereas Durai was. BUT, Durai's plans never worked out... I don't think he ever caught one break where something he tried worked out for him. Scratch was somewhat correct in her telling him off at the colony. That's what split the mallers almost down the middle. There were those who thought Scratch was in fact more successful in her endeavors and ideas, and others who thought Durai was better/Scratch is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted. The battle for the colony actually had three sides, but for some reason that gets missed.

Not sure if that answers your question, or is just a comment on it.
    Now that you've explained a bit more, I'm a bit more understanding to their presence within the show. Before, I was more or less questioning whether or not Angel really understood their situation, as he never really came out and said so, even in his journal, as compared to Kalani. Since he carried his father's ring around like a memento, it seemed to me that he really didn't know that part of his father's past. Thanks for clearing that up, and I'll be sure to pay attention to the fine details a bit more closely.

I've been listening to the podcast all over again and it's interesting how much of the plot is thought out and implemented fron the very beginning. From the very first smart Z being a Raydon employee, to Burt mentioning how the people who raided his safe seemed to know exactly what they were doing. Just little tidbits that wouldn't normally resonate in a listener's mind unless they came back to it.
    Likes Kc liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
    I've been listening to the podcast all over again and it's interesting how much of the plot is thought out and implemented fron the very beginning. From the very first smart Z being a Raydon employee, to Burt mentioning how the people who raided his safe seemed to know exactly what they were doing. Just little tidbits that wouldn't normally resonate in a listener's mind unless they came back to it.
    KC is skilled at using throw away lines as foreshadowing (...if that's the right term). When you re-listen to the series from the beginning you can tell the there is very little to no dialog that is there to fill space. Every line, scene, and story arc is meticulously thought out and planned.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Red Shirt, Footbutt, Kc liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Speaking of Red Shirts, does anyone know what happened to RedShirt? I haven't seen him around in ages.
    Here I am. I regret that I have been absent of late. Between a dead computer and... other things, I've been busy.
    Not the place for bloggy things though, I'll stay On Topic.

Some of the below may have come up already, but I'm not exactly 100% up on the forum discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    KC took had him taken out...... His theories were just too in depth....... KC made a call to a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy!!!!
    Now that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Was I the only one almost expecting Scratch to be there in the phone? Didn't expect Pete, that's for sure...
    I was half expecting to to be Michael, gasping and struggling to speak... Gone... They're... all gone...

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Cj gave Saul her katana. Sign of affection in some circles...
    Shoot, I think that's a marriage proposal in some cultures.
    If a girl gave ME a sword, especially if she said 'It's dangerous to go alone, take this," she'd win my heart.

Maybe it's just me, that I'm imagining it or reading to deeply... or the more likely fact that Constance is an incredible voice actress, but just the tone in CJ's voice spoke volumes to me. That she still cares for Saul at some level and may be coming to terms with forgiving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    So, the under-ground zombie stuff seems to have been there for a long time. Prehistoric, even. It wipes out a population and buries its dead and itself underground; never to be heard from for millennia or eons or even a very long time. Happened before? When and to who or what?
    This is something I have been wondering about fairly consistently over the past few episodes. With the revelation of the bodies releasing the gas as they decay and that the gas originating from underground. That is on hell of a lot of body biomass underground do do that, especially when you consider the global scale. My guess is that it is probably "left over" from one of the previous mass extinction events... I even mentioned ages ago that there is burgeoning evidence to suggest that the dinosaurs were already dying of disease before the K-Pg even happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedBeard View Post
    This is going to be one of next week's questions of the week!
    And with that, I suddenly realize that the Biomass I'm thinking of is all those oil deposits under LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Prehistoric gas; wouldn't it have settled out? Stopped being a gas and coated the walls or something? Otherwise, wouldn't they have found it in archeological digs? Unless this is from newer victims.
    My guess is that it percolated out of the oil and is mixed in with the natural gas deposits that is often associated with oil finds.

But what if Kelly doesn't understand Italian?
    The thing is though, Italian and Spanish... spoken with the right voice... do you really need to?
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Jun 27th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor
    But what if Kelly doesn't understand Italian?

The thing is though, Italian and Spanish... spoken with the right voice... do you really need to?
    Ha, that was just a bit of goofy back and forth with YABC. He posted a music video of a famous Italian singer and I posted one from the same singer who made a song entirely of gibberish. He sang it in a way that it would sound like English to an Italian listener who doesn't understand English.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ha, that was just a bit of goofy back and forth with YABC. He posted a music video of a famous Italian singer and I posted one from the same singer who made a song entirely of gibberish. He sang it in a way that it would sound like English to an Italian listener who doesn't understand English.
    Nah, it is far from being goofy, it is essential to the story.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    BTW, can anyone image what will happen if the following scene takes place:

Michael, probably Vic and Saul barely manage to escape from Ink's den, with bruises all over their bodies, half-dead, having witnessed the horrors of Ink's reign, drenched in zombie giblets. In short, they went through hell multiple times.

And then Pegs says: "Hey, Michael! You won't believe it! The colony's water pump at the colony works again! Isn't that great news! I can start gardening again, can you imagine that?"

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    This is something I have been wondering about fairly consistently over the past few episodes. With the revelation of the bodies releasing the gas as they decay and that the gas originating from underground. That is on hell of a lot of body biomass underground do do that, especially when you consider the global scale. My guess is that it is probably "left over" from one of the previous mass extinction events... I even mentioned ages ago that there is burgeoning evidence to suggest that the dinosaurs were already dying of disease before the K-Pg even happened.
    (..)
    And with that, I suddenly realize that the Biomass I'm thinking of is all those oil deposits under LA.
    (...)
    My guess is that it percolated out of the oil and is mixed in with the natural gas deposits that is often associated with oil finds.
    I though about it as well. Seems a plausible scenario, the only sticky part is why should it have happened globally at exactly the same time.
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor
    The fact that people outside Italy know about Adriano Celentano blows my mind.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    BTW, can anyone image what will happen if the following scene takes place:

Michael, probably Vic and Saul barely manage to escape from Ink's den, with bruises all over their bodies, half-dead, having witnessed the horrors of Ink's reign, drenched in zombie giblets. In short, they went through hell multiple times.

And then Pegs says: "Hey, Michael! You won't believe it! The colony's water pump at the colony works again! Isn't that great news! I can start gardening again, can you imagine that?"
    They fight like hell and get the crap beaten out of them. They already have a lot of scars and now they are covered in bruises. Ink turns them with Super Corpse Gas -- even Saul. Then Ink sends them back in time one year to start the outbreak. Ground Hog Year.
    Likes Storm, YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast